“Awesome food”

Ranked #28 of 187 Restaurants in Rockhampton
Price range: US$14 - US$23
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tucked away in North Rockhampton's QTV House, Demedios Cafe brings a casual approach to contemporary dining. We believe in providing amazing food and great service for any occasion. Whether your looking for a quite relaxing coffee and homemade cake, a cocktail or wine in the court yard after a long day or a full romantic a la cart experience we have something to temp every tastebud.We pride ourselves on providing a dining experience that will leave you satisfied and content. If you want an amazing dining experience come see for yourself.
“Awesome food”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Wasn't overly expecting much but I was so surprised about the quality of the food, atmosphere, pricing and staff.
I had the pork belly and omg it melted in my mouth. After reading the review about the hot chocolate and marshmallows I decided to give it a go thinking maybe they spent more time on good food and less time on good drinks? Nope the drink was lovely. It was hot and my marshmallows melted.
I highly recommend this restaurant. I have been back since then and it is def my new fave hangout.

• Visited March 2013

Rockhampton, Australia
“Nice cafe food”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Nice seating outside in the typically pleasant Rockhampton weather. A great place to go with friends. I have never had a bad meal from here.

Rockhampton, Australia
“Terrible terrible terrible!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

When writing this review I wracked my brain to think of something positive to say... Couldn't do it.

We went for coffee and cake and were bitterly disappointed, especially as Demedios USED to be a lovely cafe.

The four of us had 4 different cakes and each was flawed - cake was dry and stale, cheesecake was flavourless, torte was mushy and had a shop-bought stale flavour. If you wanted icecream with cake, a tiny scoop was an extra dollar.

I had a hot chocolate and it was neither hot nor chocolatey. The milk was lukewarm and tasted more like cinnamon than chocolate. The marshmallows were rock hard - we actually bounced one off the table! The other didn't melt in the drink and was stale.

Other's thickshakes were disappointing - more a milkshake and with the same lack of chocolate flavour.

Not one of us finished our drink or our cake, even after paying at least $12 for drink and cake each.

The service is APPALLING. Wait staff are incredibly rude - we were ignored while waiting to order, then told to 'hurry up and decide'! Not a smile to be seen, no manners, not a friendly attitude anywhere!

However, if there was a category for 'grunting and sighing' than they'd get a 5.

Don't waste your time here - you'd get better cake, drinks and service at the McCafe down the road!!

1 Thank P R
Brisbane, Australia
“Well priced, great service and awesome food”
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

It's really nice to find a resturaunt that feeds you for a good price. It's one was close to the cinema so I could park the car, and visit both resturaunt and cinema. Food came on time and well presented. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. I will definitely eat there again next time I'm in Rockhampton.

Newcastle
“Food is excellent”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

More of a cafe than restraurant but great food.....................................................................................

Visited August 2012