“Was suprisngly dissapointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Rockhampton
“Was suprisngly dissapointed”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A friend had recommended this place saying it had the best pizza in town. Had booked a dinner for myself and girlfriend , ordered a pizza with high hopes and was disappointed with what was served. I felt a night with Dominoes would have been just a good. I am sure it was just a bad night because my friend could not rave enough about the place. I have not tried the pasta here but don't think i will return.

• Visited June 2013

“What a shame about the new owners...”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We used to frequently grab Antonio's takeaway pizza, prior to the change of ownership the pizzas were prepared with love, authentic tasty and fresh ingredients. Unfortunately they have changed owners who clearly must be after an easy buck rather than putting any passion into the food.

We dined in and Pizzas were made with frozen Parmesan, pre diced bacon and seemingly no cheese other than the raw Parmesan sprinkled over the top. The paste truly tasted like vomit, unfortunately I ate 1 piece and boxed the rest to feed to the dogs. Noticed there was no one coming to pick up take away orders, used to be so popular.

Atmosphere noisy and echoey, staff not interested and overall a sad disappointment for rocky pizza lovers. New owners - time to move on, you are not good at pizza!

• Visited September 2013
Rockhampton, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bring on the new chef.”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

A group of friends went to Antonios for a farewell dinner. Remembering the delicious pizzas from previous owners, it was an easy decision. I think we were all in a good mood ready for terrific pizzas. We ordered. The pizzas came. Shock!!!!!! Every pizza was covered with an uncooked layer of parmesan cheese (which was not stated on the menu). You could not tell the difference between the Hawaiian, Vegetarian, Meat etc. 3 of us hated parmesan. The overall taste of all of them was very low standard. Not happy Jan......... When I asked about the parmesan on the pizza and how is was not on the menu, the young thing said "No it's not, but it is on the takeaway menu." I normally take a "doggy bag" home for my husband. None of us took any home, it was that bad. I paid $17.00 for a yukky pizza. Won't go there again until they get a new chef/cook or change hands again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 27Denise
“Not the same... We walked out!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We made a reservation at Antonio's for a special occasion. Greeting was not friendly and we were not shown to a table, it was pointed to in the very back corner. We went to the table and there was no room for us to sit as the guests at the tables beside had their chairs right up against the tucked-in chairs we were expected to sit in. We asked for a different table and were out in the back outside next to the toilet under the loud air-con unit amongst stacks of spare chairs and tables - this table was the only table in this spot. The door to the restaurant beside us was continuously being slammed by staff going in and out. At this point I was trying to get on tripadvisor to find an alternative but alas, no reception in this courtyard. We were met by a staff member at the doorway as we left out table to walk out, they had noting to say to us. It's really sad as the last time we were there the staff were amazing and the owners were really eager to please. I'll never go again!!

Rockhampton
“Fantastic, a genuine Pizziera!”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Excellent experience, food was very good, service was friendly, caring and courteous and the atmosphere was what you want at a genuine Pizziera .... Busy, noisy but not overly so.
An important part of our local Restaurant landscape adding diversity and variety.
Extremely important these types of businesses are supported by the community so that they prosper and continue to contribute great things to our range of dining options and our reputation as a nice place to visit and stay.

• Visited February 2013