Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$302
US$218
US$203
Motel 98(Rockhampton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscooked mealslove stayingmini bargreat hostscable tvhome away from homeroom was cleana great place to staythe main dragfree wififriendly ownersgreat roomgood sizesteakovernight stayone night stayon arrival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I checked in on spec. There were only two family rooms available, the rate I got was $135. The gentleman at check-in was great, warm, welcoming and friendly. Was the room worth the price? Honestly no. There was a wafting odour (smelt a bit like urine but may have just been damp, not constant, it would just assault your nostrils at random intervals). The cold water tap in the bathroom requires the strength of Hercules to turn it off. There were a couple of short hairs on the bed linen and a dead insect on the pillow (probably not their fault). I requested fresh milk which never turned up. Parking is problematic, it took a couple of goes for me to get my Ford Focus into a park between a pole and another car, good luck in a 4wd, just weren't any other parks. For 28.50 I ordered what was described as pan fried reef fish with crispy potatoes and veges in lemon butter sauce. Fish was a little overcooked, potatoes were as far from crispy as it is possible to, but the veges were nice and fresh - a bit overpriced for what it was, but it's a motel and sometimes it comes down to paying for convenience. I ordered fruit salad and a latte for breakfast. The fruit salad was lovely, the latte was made on UHT milk and I can't stand the taste of it and so I couldn't drink it. The manager was apologetic for all of this but I would never stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has both ground floor and first floor rooms. It is right on the highway so try to get something at the back.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SydneyTrish
Kathy1960, Owner at Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Hi Patricia,
As we have previously apologised when you made this review through Best Western, there is not a lot more I can say. However, what I didn't tell you was my wife had taken ill on the night you stayed which left me to run the Reception, Restaurant & Bar all at the same time, I know this was not your problem & I am sorry that I unintentionally forgot to send up your fresh milk, but had you called down to reception with a reminder I would have got it up to you immediately. You also left after Breakfast in the morning without even calling into reception (which I was still manning) to return your key & to advise us of your disappointment other than doing so hiding behind your pen on a global forum. I can only apologise again and hope that in the future you give someone the opportunity to correct any mistakes.

Regards
Peter

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel was a welcome stop over for us on our trip up the east coast.We had driven 6 hours from Hervey Bay heading for the Whitsunday's so this was a good place to stay to break up our long journey.
The room was very clean and so was the bed, we had a nice meal in the resturant and breakfast was good the next morning.Peter & Kathy who run the place and very nice and helpful and we enjoyed the pretend auction of the French girl in the bar .
The only negative thing to say is that we were woken about 1am with a group of ' cattle men' still drinking outside their room and they where quite noisy.
Overall a good stay and it's good for a stop over but maybe not for much longer.
Thanks a lot Joanne& Keith

Room Tip: Ask for quite room if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duckyduck
Reviewed 9 September 2013

- The beds were dirty (as if large chunks of sand were at the bottom of the double and single beds)
- The spa/pool was non-functioning. When I broached the issue of the spa/pool not working properly, I was told, “Well to be honest, when I was here a few months ago, the spa wasn’t working properly then either. And now the owner believes it to be a hazard as children and spas don’t go well together. So it’s not supposed to be working”. Ignoring an issue does not solve it. The spa/pool should have been blocked off instead of just sitting there.
- The road entrance was dangerous. It was difficult to pull into the driveway, especially if there was another car in front of the reception area. The parking spaces were extremely small. If someone parked beside our car, my husband could not open the door enough to enter the vehicle.
- The restaurant is expensive/over priced.
- The staff were friendly and helpful. They just had a "my hands are tied" attitude about our issues.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

was a cheap and cheerfull room, only downside is the lack of parking. We went out for dinner and upon our return was no parking left so we had to park on the street. wi-fi is also a bit wierd in that only one device at a time can be connected which is annoying when more than one person has a laptop with them in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathy1960, Manager at Best Western Cattle City Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, as this is sometimes the only way we know when our staff & relief managers are not following our guidelines or if there is a problem with our facilities.
With our Wi-Fi provider there is only 1 password per device but you can obtain a separate password for as many devices as you wish. I'm sorry this was not relayed to you.

We hope the you will continue to stay as Best Western properties.

Happy travels.
Kathy Boland
Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Wow, what friendly and helpful staff. Kathy was fantastic as too was Nikita.

Great room, clean, neat, quiet. I enjoyed my stay here, and will stay here every time I'm in Rocky.
You must try the dining room, the steaks are great. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business