We recently stayed at the Sands for 9 nights - apart from been ripped off i should have taken advise from other peoples reviews. CONSIDERING YOU CAN STAY AT THE SURFERS ROYAL FOR $25 PER WEEK with a covered pool, spa, games room , which was not available at the time we wanted to stay.
Lynne who is suppose to be the manager worked between 9am and 10am - this is no miss print, you could never get in contact with her the unit was clean however the ceiling fan failed to work for 8 nights, on the 9th night it went on itself? it had a 34cm TV - remote was not working . The lounges were so SOILED and OLD i had to cover them with sheets to sit on them, Also no PHONE available to contact reception,
The pool was only cleaned 1 time during our stay, lynne said that people did not follow the house rules (washing before entering from the beach).
The entry foyer was extremly dirty, infact whist in peak season she decided to have silicon put around the tiles, the stench was horrible.
This apartment only had 1 SMALL pool, no BBQ area, NO SAUNA, NO SPA NO NOTHING
Beautiful views however spoilt with the party that was happening for 3 days straight up on the 10th floor from a permanent tenant.
Oh and if you wanted to take a dip in the pool at 8am good luck trying to find the manager to open it up, there was 4 families waiting at 9am to get in people were knocking on her door, she only responded to the maintenance guy.
When i dropped off the keys on the last day she snached them off me did not thank me or asked how my stay was - I had a 1 bed apartment and spend $1800 for 9 nights.
Overall a big disappointment, fantastic location, views but terrible MANAGEMENT - Dont waist your money staying there we have stayed at the President Apartments and found it CLEANER and Management was approachable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One and two bedroom fully self contained apartments with washing machine and drier and ironing facilities. Ceiling fans, television and balcony overlooking the beautiful ocean of Surfers Paradise and beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sands Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Holiday Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- The Sands Holiday Apartments Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia