“Not at all a gem!”

The Emerald
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Not at all a gem!”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I would not recommend this place to anyone! The place was falling to bits and generally dirty. Our fridge broke down and we lost all of our food - when we let the resort know, they were nothing but rude! Do not stay here! It might seem cheap, but it is cheap for a reason. There was mould in the bathroom and chunks out of the walls. Definitely not worth the money at all!

The only positive was the location and the bbq area - apart from that, there is no way I will be booking at this place ever again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Deb D
Paul S, Manager at The Emerald, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Hi Deb!
I am sorry to hear that the fridge broke down. I haven't had to replace any fridges though and many other guests have come through without a remark. Had you told me at the time of your stay I would have immediately rectified it.
We at The Emerald endeavour to help our guests in any way we can and offer excellent customer service.
There are only one of two employees here which consists of myself and another. We pride ourselves on our positive, helpful and friendly attitude towards our guests.
Our cleaners follow strict guidelines with regards to servicing our rooms.
Could you please contact us so we may identify your issues and immediately attend to them.
Regards
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed at The Emerald for three days. Two bedroom 9th floor. Great views of Gold Coast from every window - kitchen, dining, and bedrooms - from the ocean to the hinterland and across the canal waterways to high rises. Glenda our hostess is an amazing person, so caring of our needs and couldn't do enough for us - great sense of humour! Heated pool lovely and clean and great bbq area, green lawn to dig feet into or play with kids. Took us about 7 minutes to walk to main street of Surfers, past the ferris wheel. Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carmel M
campbelltown 2560
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Our stay was absolutely fantastic, it was so close to everything.We had a 2brm with spa with relaxing views from every room and every room had a balcony. Paul and Glenda the managers of the emerald were beautiful people and were there for you any time of the day and night. The pool and barbique area was lovely and clean so was the whole place,we just cant wait to go back again it was so nice and friendly to stay there and we wouldn't stay anywhere else :) ..thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable :))

Room Tip: we were on the 7th floor and had great views all round...we had air conditioning but some rooms don...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed at emrald with my parents in 2 bedroom apartment.
Apartments was excellent value for money. We had good view of Gold Coast on the 8th floor; View was very relaxing and soothening. Swimming pool was good and clean. Rooms were very neat and clean. spa was good. My parents were very happy with the quality of service and cleanliness. The couple at the receiption are very warm and welcoming. Just short walk to Cavell Avenu (Heart of Gold of Coast).

Rooms contained everything you could have thought. Like washing machine, utensils, microwave, foxtel (austar), Heater/AC

To be frank... staying at Emrald made our trip.

I would highly recommend to any one ...

It is my first choice of accommodation if I visit Gold Coast.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This was a good hotel. My husband and I enjoyed to stay here. We have a very good time. Nice hotel. Staff nice and happy. Very friendly. Sufers Paradise is amazing. Hotel has very great location we had a very good view I enjoyed to look from my window. The beach is beautiful. Nice and relaxing time here. Thank you staff.

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Absolutely fantastic, nice and close to everything, Spa was great.. Cant wait till next time.. And the managers were really great..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2011

the emerald was a nice stay me and my boyfreind enjoyed it for our celebration of anniversary, it was so close to cavil ave and all the places we wanted to go we did walk and it only took us less then 10 mins to get into surfers, the suites were realy nice and self contained, we had everything we needed to use e.g washing machine,dryer, kitchen needs, we will be back to stay soon,

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple