“Don't ever go there”
Review of Surfers City Motel

Surfers City Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surfers Paradise
Surfers City Motel
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't ever go there”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This is the most disgusting vile place I've ever attempted to stay in,we paid for 2 nights and stayed for a few hours before leaving.
I would not even give this place one star. This place looks it's ready for demolition, the horrible stench of bleach hits you as soon as you open the door.

The doors looks like someone has attempted to break it with an axe, I'm to embarrassed to post photos of the bathroom, the shower plug was clogged with hair and some other substance.

I'm sure the stains on the carpet were blood and there were no locks on the balcony door just a loop type latch but that didn't hel because the door wouldn't shut.

There was a small tv but the remote was not compatible with it, my fingers stuck to the handle on the small bar fridge when opened it.

I will never forget the smell of that place it was in my hair and my clothes definitely a place I will never forget

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It was the Queen’s birthday long weekend in Queensland on 30 Sep to 1 Oct this year. The accommodation at this time was limited and the price was raised. I booked a double room through booking.com at the price of $80. It was quiet good to find a room at the heart of surfers within a low budget($80) at a busy weekend.

However, the booking needed to be changed when it was closer to the arrival date. So I called the motel. After 10 rings, a lady, with a very lazy voice, picked up the phone. Unfortunately, I barely could understand what she was talking(cant event pick up her name) since she can hardly express herself and, most importantly, she didn’t pay attention to the conversation. I asked if I can change hotel room over the phone and she said she is don’t know. She say I may need to go back to booking.com. It is fine that I need to change the booking on line. But I had a very bad impression of this hotel.

I can’t help thinking the staffs could not help me when emergency happens since they could not communicated properly. After the call, I cancelled the booking and booked another hotel which is just across the road and it price was double($160) but I had a great stay.

BTW, Glad I booked the hotel by booking.com. you only need to provide them the credit card details. Room fee will be charged when checking out.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Billy and Ninna were very rude and argued infront of us.found a used condom under my bed. pool looked like a toilet. and was told by the crazy cleaner to turn my balconie lights off when it was dark.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Coltercairns
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 June 2012

i like this motel, the location is really great, the room is quite big and comfortable. i really enjoyed staying at this motel. i hope i can go to goldcoast again someday and stay at this motel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We reach gold coast in the middle of the night. There wasn't any reception to attend to us instead they dropped us an email to go straight to the room and our keys are on the kitchen table.

There wasn't any security in the motel. And our room is merely a key and a knob to lock the room. Balcony is only a metal pin to hook onto a loop.

The room is filled with a weird sweet smell, smell like the detergent that they use to clean their sheets. The whole furniture seems like its been a long time that they have not been maintaining. All seems soo broken down. The bathroom has a window not tinted which I fear if anyone can peak into the bathroom without me noticing it since there wasn't any security.

Ventilation was terrible. Even though gold Coast wasnt warm 2weeks ago, we felt stuffy in the room.

The bed was really stiff. It seems like the bed is used for a long time, it feel like you are sleeping on the plank.

Laundry services is own time own target and bring your own washing powder.

Wifi is chargeable. We didnt even bother to use it.

However, if u are looking for value in money compared to the hotel right opposite the motel, please make do with this motel. Considering the location, it's still worth re-visiting but do not stay more than 3night. You prolly cannt get use to climbing up the stairs numbereous of times and withstand bring up and down your luaggage.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank lynniewong
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I was so sceptical as to whether we should stay here after all of the negative reviews. Im used to staying in 4-5 star hotels but was on a budget so stayed here.

It is definitely value for your money, of course its only 3 stars so theres nothing at all flash about it and the room was dated. But the amount that you spend is worth the value. The two men at the desk were awesome and helpful. The location is fantastic & a literal walk to everything, clubs too! It was a comfortable stay & would not be closed to the idea of staying again.

They obviously have taken some of your negative comments on board as the strange foreign lady who i saw briefly doesnt deal with customers anymore & the cleanliness has improved.

If you're on a budget & want to stay somewhere clean comfortable close to everything, dont hesitate to choose this motel.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Ruthieee
Beenleigh, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

- rude staff, the only nice person working there is a young man who helped with check in. "nina" the owner, is completely rude, who told me that I must not have a booking becuase it's not there, and believe me I would've walked out if I didn't. the lovely young man seemed to find my booking quite quickly.
- stench in room from the second i walked in the door, used half a can of spray which still didnt get rid of it
- location was good but it didn't make up for what you're about to read
- DIRTY filthy carpet, bed, bathroom everything you can think of
- a rug (which didn't match the carpet because what would), was put down and we later found that that is because there was a square of carpet missing in the corner of the room
- we were scared that we would get broken into as it was only a hinge that was stopping any break and enters so we had to move ALL out things into the car, and even then we were scared we would get broken into while we were asleep.
- clearly hasn't been cleaned or seen since last visit as we had HALF a roll of toilet paper
- people across from us were throwing beer bottle caps at me on the balcony simply because i was watching a movie on my ipad and they clearly are bogans, and they knew the owners very well because they had a lovelyt conversation in the middle of the night (very loudly)
- carpets were orange, smelly, dirty. probably hasn't been vaccumed since the 1960's, looked like big bird died and was skinned and thats where his fur went .
- bathroom had a STENCH that was unbearable
- only one out of three lights in the room were working
- didn't even bother turning on the tv, but we didn't even want to touch it incase it would blow up

Basically, worst $70 spent ever, I would have rather slept IN MY CAR, and it wouldn't have cost me that much, AND it would've been more comfortable.

Room Tip: dont choose a room here.....ever. sleep in your car, not joking not being over dramatic.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends