“Is this a joke?”
Review of Surfers City Motel

Surfers City Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surfers Paradise
Surfers City Motel
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Sometimes I thought I was going to get punk'd or something.
The worst place I've ever stayed in, fridge seal was broken, pubes in beds, the place smelt of wee and many other disgusting things, the lock on the deck door could have been the easiest lock in history to be broken. The only good thing was the location. I'm not sure all the works spoke english and they cleaned rooms with a trolley to hold the cleaning stuff... yes a supermarket trolley. Pool was so cloudy yuck

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kurt E
There are newer reviews for Surfers City Motel

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stayed 3 nights between christmas and new years eve. Considering the location and busy season, price was good.

If you are not planning to stay much at the hotel and want a place with great location, then this place is good. It also has car parking which is great.

Room has horrible decoration and looks very old: blue wall, 70's carpet, old bed, ...
Bathroom was ok, nothing fancy but it was clean.
Room does not have air-con but it had roof mounted fan.
Room also have balcony, which door lock is not secure and a very tiny tv (maybe 15").

It is not the best place to stay but if you want to stay in the heart of surfers paradise and not pay much, then i recommend this place.

there is no service room over your staying, so there is no supply of clean towels or toilet paper.

As I only wanted a place to sleep and have shower, i didnt mnd the place over busy time of the year ... this place is all about location: you can have a short walk to the beach, cafes, restaurants, shops, nightclubs.

They do have a swimming pool which i didnt use it as it was not appealing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2013

By no means luxury but if you need a place to stay for a night or so then it's great.
We (three backpackers, two girls, one guy) couldn't find any room in any hostel so opted for Surfers City Motel. We went in with very low expectation after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and were pleasantly surprised!
Ok so you won't get a choc on your pillow but the three beds were clean and comfortable, the decor is very dated but that doesn't matter if your just looking for a place to crash. Bathroom was good and clean, fridge and microwave were good too!

Price could be better but management seemed flexible and we got the room for $120 in peak season!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Faulty towers from the start! I can't not believe how much is changed to stay in this place. We stayed for a single night before a big deep sea fishing trip. It seemed that the entire GC was sold out...no one seemed to actually no why...

The rooms are just funny...shag, tangerine carpet, peach walls, the balcony door does not shut let alone lock, the front door had undercoat only (badly painted at that) and no air or windows with screens!

It is great...for a laugh...

Photos are uploaded...

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Kantbe
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We are from Brisbane and we almost drove back home rather than stay the night, and I really wish we had. It was seriously revolting. Only if you are a homeless person or backpacker you might find this place bearable. It is such a dump. We saw very misleading photos on wotif when we booked it. Every time we go to the coast we have to drive past this place and it still gives me shivers.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NikkiBrown2010
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This is the most disgusting vile place I've ever attempted to stay in,we paid for 2 nights and stayed for a few hours before leaving.
I would not even give this place one star. This place looks it's ready for demolition, the horrible stench of bleach hits you as soon as you open the door.

The doors looks like someone has attempted to break it with an axe, I'm to embarrassed to post photos of the bathroom, the shower plug was clogged with hair and some other substance.

I'm sure the stains on the carpet were blood and there were no locks on the balcony door just a loop type latch but that didn't hel because the door wouldn't shut.

There was a small tv but the remote was not compatible with it, my fingers stuck to the handle on the small bar fridge when opened it.

I will never forget the smell of that place it was in my hair and my clothes definitely a place I will never forget

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It was the Queen’s birthday long weekend in Queensland on 30 Sep to 1 Oct this year. The accommodation at this time was limited and the price was raised. I booked a double room through booking.com at the price of $80. It was quiet good to find a room at the heart of surfers within a low budget($80) at a busy weekend.

However, the booking needed to be changed when it was closer to the arrival date. So I called the motel. After 10 rings, a lady, with a very lazy voice, picked up the phone. Unfortunately, I barely could understand what she was talking(cant event pick up her name) since she can hardly express herself and, most importantly, she didn’t pay attention to the conversation. I asked if I can change hotel room over the phone and she said she is don’t know. She say I may need to go back to booking.com. It is fine that I need to change the booking on line. But I had a very bad impression of this hotel.

I can’t help thinking the staffs could not help me when emergency happens since they could not communicated properly. After the call, I cancelled the booking and booked another hotel which is just across the road and it price was double($160) but I had a great stay.

BTW, Glad I booked the hotel by booking.com. you only need to provide them the credit card details. Room fee will be charged when checking out.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo