“Nice apartments but housekeeping could improve - and lots of party noise!!”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Booked this trip last minute through a booking system that manages privately owned apartments. If we had any issues (ie vacum cleaner not working, no hairdryer, not enough towels) reception could not help - we had to ring agency in Surfers who eventually helped us. We didnt realise this when we booked - was not a major but inconvienent really. Its not double glazed windows here and it needs to be. The party noise from the surrounding apartments and buildings was incredible. A couple of nights we ended up on the couch - which was slightly quieter. Its ok I suppose if you are party people but we are not. The actual apartment was not as clean as I would expect when we arrived. It is modern, well equipped and we had the best views either side of the apartment - out to sea and out to the river the other side. The gym area good - outdoor pool was freeeeezing! There was a larger more heated undercover one which was good.
We found it hard to find family restaurants within walking distance - just lots of bars and pubs!!! Next time we would stay at Broadbeach as this we found out since is better for families.

Room Tip: Any room if you dont mind party noise
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank littlemizfab
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor

I would like to be honest with you and explain that i have tried to have your comment removed as you have clearly not stayed with Mantra, the official on site letting manager, otherwise we would have been able to fix any concerns that you had with your room.

We constantly we receive poor feedback due to guests booking through third party agents and there expectations are never met!

Next time you would like to visit the property, please contact me direct, so that I can assure you a wonderful experience

Neil Munro

Write a ReviewReviews (3,742)

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Wow, what can we say. Rang and booked for 1 night a 1bedroom with ocean views. Extremely friendly staff on the phone and very helpful. Checked in,once again staff were really friendly and welcoming. Our room was on the 37th floor, everything about it was perfect, the views were amazing, the room was spotless and modern, it had a great kitchen and a beautiful bathroom with spa bath. Shame we could only stay 1 night, wanted to stay forever!!!! Will definitely be going back to stay longer. Thank you Cicle on Cavill for the best stay on the coast we've ever had.

2  Thank The2ofUs2011
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Many thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor

I am pleased that we were able to deliver on all aspects of your stay and our service. I hope readers take on board your comments and try it for themselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the property soon

Reviewed 31 May 2011

I have been there for 1 night and it is excellent that have the spa bath wiht the great view of view. It is reasonable price as I choose the sceret hotel in wotif.com. Just a little bit downside is the bed. It is too soft. Overall, it is a good palce to stay over.

Room Tip: wotif.com: secret hotel 4.5 slef rated
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting some feedback on your recent stay at Circle on Cavill

I am pleased you enjoyed your brief visit to the property and were happy with all of the room facilities.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the property again soon

Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed our holiday.
The rooms were large with a great view and modern decor. Great dishwasher, washing machine, dryer and all the kitchen utensils that you need. The lounge was fairly small and uncomfortable.
The only thing I would like to see improved is housekeeping. We reported a problem with our air conditioning four times and, although we were told it was eventually fixed, it wasn't.
The daily clean (basically replacement of towels and emptying of bins) was fairly superficial and often occurred close to 4pm.
Overall, a good property, great location and value for money.

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay on Trip Advisor

I apologise for the maintenance team not responding to your request immediately and I have spoken to the Manager to ensure the response times improve.

With the daily servicing being around 4 o'clock each day, unfortunately this will mostly always be the case (depending on occupancy) as we look to clean all incoming rooms first and then do all of the services.

I hope these two issues wont stop you from returning back to Circle on Cavill and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 21 May 2011

Well... it was a very last minute decision to stay at Circle on Cavill, booked through Wotif a few hours before hand and got a 2 bedroom spa apartment for 220 dollars. Central to everything, check in staff were very friendly and even gave me and my 2 friends a complimentary entry ticket to Melba's which was appreciated!

The room was very spacious, and very clean and tidy and everything just worked. Only thing that was a bit confusing is we could not find any soap suds to put in the spa bath so we ended up using the shampoo. The views from the 14th floor were great, being able to see the ocean even though we didn't pay extra for the ocean view!

However... it was interesting when we went to check out of the hotel because apparently 2 chairs were missing from the room! After spending about 10 minutes explaining that there were only 3 chairs on the outside deck, we got the deposit back. I mean... I think someone MIGHT have noticed if 2 chairs went off the balcony from the 14th floor... but overall the service from the staff was great. And they even let us check out at 11am for no extra charge!

Next time we stay in surfers, we will happily come back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel_Harmer
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit to Mantra Circle on Cavill

Having looked at your review, it appears we nailed the majority of your stay with the exception of the "Missing Chair" I apologise for our insistance in persuing this, we were mearly trying to protect the asset of the owner, but clearly got it wrong on this occassion.

I am pleased you highlighted that you woulkd return back to the property and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 21 May 2011

My wife and I booked the ocean view room with a spa for 3 nights (room 1322 from 17th to 20th May 2011). The first thing I noticed about the hotel was the terrible lobby and is not appealing. The receptionist was quick to tell me that there would be a bond of $200 and that as I paid on my credit card, it would take 10 days for it to return to my account. She then proceeded to give me the keys and made no mention of how to use the elevators (they need activation by a chip on the keying). The room was very good and spacious with an excellent view and the spa is also good. After the first night and not much sleep we noticed that the bed was sagging in the middle. I was continually rolling to the middle. At 2pm the next day I contacted reception and was advised that the bed would be fixed (also our room had not been made up yet). After returning later that day the room was made but the bed had not been fixed. We slept again poorly on it again that night and contacted reception again the next day. We were again told that it would be fixed. However was not fixed. We both decided to not let this issue worry us as it had already, so I decided to see if I could fix it myself. When I looked under the bed I noted that the middle coaster had broken away from the bed. I rolled up a towel and put it under the bed so we could at least get some sleep on our final night. It worked well.
On our departure I was asked by the receptionist how our stay was. I said that the room was good and also mentioned about the bed and that it had not been fixed. There was no apology; in fact all she could say was that there were many beds the same.
I really liked the room at The Circle on Cavil; however the service is well below 4 stars.

1  Thank yeadon1

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting feedback on your recent stay at Circle on Cavill

I was really disappointed to read your feedback regarding our customer service as it is an area of our business that we have really worked hard on.

I apologise on behalf of my team for the shortfall in our service I would be grateful if your room number so that we can ensure that the bed is fixed properly as i would hate to think that there is still a temporary measure in place.

I hope you will take the opportunity to revisit Mantra Circle on Cavill in the future to see the improvements

Reviewed 16 May 2011

This hotel has a great location and great views. It is noisy until at least 3 a.m. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday. By far though, the biggest problem is it's housecleaning. We have been here for over four weeks and we opted to get a "full service" cleaning once a week rather than getting a daily cleaning. After each cleaning we have had to call management to report how poor a cleaning job was done and management has not done anything to remedy the problem. When they do the "full service" cleaning, they do not clean the stove, they do not clean the kitchen counter, they do not clean out the sink, they do not clean the toilet, they do not clean the backsplash in the kitchen. All they do is change the sheets, make the bed, put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and leave new towels.
My recommendation is that you negotiate a price to pay with no cleaning included because whatever they are charging for cleaning is too much.

3  Thank Ldl776
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear Guest

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay at Circle on Cavill

Albeit you were happy with our location, I was disappointed with your comments on the level of cleaning. I would welcome you to contact me as I would like to understand more details of your booking. The clean you are describing is a mini service which is simply a refresh of amenities and no cleaning, but happy to discuss with you

I look forward to hearing from you