“Great property, excellent location!”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Circle On Cavill is located central to all the attractions, beaches and is surrounded by excellent restaurants. The rooms are modern and fresh with a usable balcony and great views from the apartments, no matter what side of the building your on. Being right on Cavill Avenue the is a fair bit of night life notice, however there room are quite well sound proofed.
The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. Any request was acted upon fast and efficiently.
The free undercover and secure parking are a nice bonus.
I will be staying here every time I visit Surfers Paradise.

• Stayed: October 2011
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear bchapman23,

Thank you so much for the awesome review!
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Beds were most uncomfortable with bed sheets that didnt fit properly and would come off every time you turned. The couches were horrible same as in other travellers photos, all ripped and worn. We arrived at hotel early and they couldnt accomodate us with early check in, reception told us they would call when ready, they never did so we were left waiting quite a few hours. 2 stand outs for this hotel was the view from our room (level 11) of hinterland and the location... this you couldnt fault!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Chantel26,

Many thanks for posting a review on TA.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the location as well the fantastic views that our apartments receive.

We are currently in the process of doing a full audit of furniture in the property for general wear and tear, which it sounds like your apartment was not up to the standard that we strive to provide at Mantra Circle on Cavill.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Circle on Cavill on your next visit, where you can experience what we have been working on.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had always talked about staying here as it looks good from outside, is well located for shops, nightlife, restaurants and is only a short walk to the beach so I booked a weekend after a conference stay at a another property. All went well on arrival, check in was swift, the directions for the undercover parking was explained and our room was ready even though we were early. We had booked an ocean view room with a king bed and that is what we got. Our room was quite spacious and included a kitchen, laundry facilities and a large balcony. There was also a second room that had two chairs in it, not sure of the purpose but I suppose if you lived there it could be a study. Whilst the room had what you would expect the furnishings were very worn, the walls had scuff marks everywhere and the lounge had no vinyl left on it so if you moved the throw that was used to cover it you were bascially sitting on the foam and would end up with bits of peeling vinyl everywhere. I have stayed at several properties in Surfers and I realise this is a noisy part of the Gold Coast due to the nightlife but it seems to be exaggerated at Mantra Circle, perhaps it has something to do with the dseign as the two buildings and the circle create a type of funnel. Therefore the noise that carries up to the rooms at night is loud and we found we had to close our doors and try to cool off with the air con which wasn't the best. During our stay we discovered that a few of the shops directly downstairs in the circle area were closed- permanently as the circle is going to be covered in apparently. This was a shame as it means the remaining retailers are struggling and some have reduced rather than increased their trading hours. The pool in our building block was also closed. We purchased a movie one night and then tried to book mark whilst we prepared and ate dinner only to find that the viewing time had expired. Apparently you can only "pause" for 15 minutes, this is not explained on the screen nor in the compendium as there isnt one. We had already booked this property again in December before this recent visit and now I am dreading the weekend.
Pros - nice view if you are up high enough
-large apartments
- large pool areas
- good location if you want to go out and party and come back just to sleep
Cons
- soulless
- dont pay $15 for a movie if you cant watch it all in one sitting
- the pools are in shade for the majority of the day (might be a pro for some)
- worn and tired furnishings
- very ordinary air con
- Credit card pre authorisation that takes up 2 weeks to clear after check out

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a higher floor with a view as that is the highlight
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Minigirl24,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Mantra Circle on Cavill.

I was delighted to hear that your check-in was swift, with all of the necessary information given on Check-in. This is an area that we have really focussed on over the past few months.

Yes, we have three fantastic pools, two are located in the North Tower and gets the Sun until about midday, then the pool in the South Tower gets the afternoon Sun. I love how some of our guests change pools throughout the day to follow the Sun!!

I do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we did not live up to both yours and our standards, I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I have just returned from here for the Gold Coast 600 and all I can say is it is absolutely fantastic, exceeded all our expectations. The resort facilities are great, the pools games rooms cinema gym is all in really good condition and really well laid out. Having the shops in the circle makes it easy. The room we stayed in a 3 bedroom on a very high floor was the best unit we have EVER stayed in, it is massive and very well fitted out and very easy to stay in. the views are sensational and the location of the unit is perfect. Being on such a high floor you could not here the Cavill noise at all, the sound deadening on the unit must be really good because we could not hear it at all. The only criticisms we had that you had to hand over your credit card to use a trolley to take your luggage to your unit, It is very annoying having to wait at reception just to use a trolley, surely having some in the car park would not be a huge risk. Overall it was fantastic and we would highly recommend staying here, the 3 bedroom was huge and very comfortable and already looking forward to next year.!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors obviously have less noise from Cavill avenue!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
NeilMunro, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear Roadtrip5 (What a great name!)

Many thanks for posting a review on trip advisor!

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Circle and the GC 600, it was a well supported event and I'm glad we got the opportunity to host you!

I take on board your comments about the trolley and I promise we will review this policy tomorrow. We truely welcome your comments and will certainly consider this proceedure.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the very near future

Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2011

The room and the view were beautiful. Great facilities and everything was spotless. only disappointment was checking out. i paid the deposit in cash so i had to wait 20 minutes while they check the room.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Gabysue

Great, fantastic and awesome reveiw!

The staff and I are wrapped you enjoyed the property, views, shopping and coffees!

We really look forward to welcoming you back soom

Regards

Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom for a week in September and we couldn't fault it, great balcony overlooking the ocean , sea views from the bedroom and a great big wardrobe. Decor was minimalist and had all you could want, a full kitchen and dishwasher and a full sized fridge. We booked via Wotif and were thrilled with the price and the value. Other plusses are the included parking, a small supermarket in the complex and many coffe and eating choices very close by. The rooms are not cleaned every day but we knew that and it was not an issue and most days staff offerred clean towels etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear UK2wellington

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I apogise for the confusing T&C's. Apart from company policies, we are simply trying to protect the owners assets

We sincerley hope that you werent late for the plane and you had a great trip back to NZ

Please contact me direct when you make your next trip over the ditch and we will ensure you have a seemless checkout

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 October 2011

No issues with our 2 bed apartment at all. It had a fantastic view from Level 31. Upon check-in (early as we drove down from Brisbane) I was somewhat surprised at the cool robotic reception and that A$200 DEPOSIT was demanded, well the guy actually said $20 at first but he meant $200. I was surprised because this hadn't been a requirement at the Mantra I'd come from in Brisbane and I had already paid in full for the 4 night stay and there was no mini-bar to run up a bill on. 'Don't worry you'll get it back at checkout ' he said.

It is also the first time in my life I have been faced with 3/4 sides of A4 Ts and C's to read - of course you don't read them, you just sign - remember I had already paid for my stay in full.
So despite all this it went well until check-out, they refuse to refund my A$200 deposit until I supply both keys, I explain my OH has the other down in the car park and I'll bring it to them when he is out of the car park (he kept it as we thought you needed the chip to exit the car park but you don't you only need it to enter), so even though we have a plane to catch, 40 mins drive away, I waste 5 mins retrieving said key/chip, only to find a check-out queue. British so wait my turn again, only to be told to take a seat while they get Housekeeping to check the room before I get my $200 cash deposit back. It will only take 15 minutes she says. I explain (slightly irateky by now) I have a plane to catch at 12 and am informed that it will only take x mins to drive there. NB I have asked them to credit my card instead as can't wait, have plane to catch but am told 'we can only issue a cheque or direct credit a bank account at your expense' I don't have my NZ Bank details to hand and have already decided at this point to leave it and just go catch the plane. She offers to request that the check is done quickly and my OH having driven out of their car park is circling hotel in traffic (weird car park entrances/exits etc) waiting for me to emerge. I go outside and car is nowhere in sight. 5 mins later re-enter the hotel and she says 'it's all sorted' and gives me the cash. I still have to wait 10 mins for OH to figure out how to get car to hotel pick up spot and we catch the plane with minutes to spare....thanks a lot Mantra for giving us a stressful end to our Australian 2 week holiday. It turns out in those Ts and Cs you are supposed to allow up to an hour for the check-out process ....go figure...I thought this was a hotel.

Room Tip: Higher the floor, the better the view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family