2 couples stayed in a two bedroom apartment with ocean views for 4 nights, first impressions were wow as you open the doors and see the view but the apartment itself was very shabby and needed a paint job and furnishings.
The location was very close to the shops, cafe's and transport.
All in all was a good stay but I am very put off by the lack of cleanliness and decor of the place:
Main bedroom was all tatty, smeared in dust and the doona that had no cover had what appeared to be urine stains covering it.
Other bedroom had no doona only a sheet and an old tatty thin wooly blanket from the 80's, mirrors and bed head covered in hand prints and dust.
Bathrooms had a bad lingering smell and the shower seemed unclean, the second bedrooms shower sounded like a lawn mover when in use.
Kitchen was a good size and had all your basic needs but the fridge had so much dust on it and scraps of rubbish/lollies beside it you could see it had not been wiped recently.
Lounge room had one tiny and I mean tiny tv and a 3 seater couch definitely not big enough for 4 people, one always had to sit at the table.
We were under the impression that our apartment would be cleaned, it never was and there was no broom or vacuum for us to use - beds were made twice and we did get fresh towels every day.
At nights it was very noisy which I didn't mind too much, there was construction works being done which was annoying at times. It did get cold in the evenings and the heater didn't work, we called for assistance and a nice lady came up quickly but did not know how to fix it so we remained cold for the 4 nights (we got told to close the curtains to keep warm, we paid good money for a view which was just as lovely at night)
Free parking was good.
To watch a movie on the tiny tv was 16-20 dollars which was a rip off.
Staff at check in need to learn to smile but all other staff were very polite, helpfull and friendly.
If you get a good deal I'd recommend this place just for the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comprising of two residential towers, Circle on Cavill offers luxury accommodation for couples, families or business delegates looking for a relaxed holiday in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. With its central location, proximity to the beach and direct access to the Circle on Cavill shopping precinct, Circle on Cavill ensures you will never be short of things to do. Circle on Cavill boasts spacious one, two and three bedroom apartments, all consisting of self contained state of the art kitchens, laundry, bathroom including spa, flat screen televisions, DVD player, stereo and cable TV. Circle on Cavill has many onsite facilities including two lagoon style pools, fully equipped gym, sauna and spa, as well as a children's playground and games room. Relax in the Zen garden terraces overlooking the bustling centre below. Circle on Cavill is perfectly positioned to take advantage of the iconic Australian beach culture and the contemporary international entertainment to make it a very sort after destination. CIRCLE ON CAVILL HAS A STRICT 'NO PARTY POLICY' (DOCUMENTATION TO BE SIGNED ON ARRIVAL). Circle on Cavill Party Policy: - Each apartment requires a guardian of legal age (18 years or greater) - Parties are not permitted in apartments - Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 10pm - Excessive noise will not be tolerated - Excessive levels of alcohol are not to be brought onto the premises - Apartments are to be left in original condition on check out or additional charges will apply Failure to comply with the above will result in immediate eviction from the premises. Circle on Cavill reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. Circle on Cavill is a mixed use building that includes residents, permanent tenants and holiday rental apartments. Circle on Cavill apartments consist of city, river, hinterland and ocean views. One Bedroom Apartments are located from level 5 with city, river and hinterland views One Bedroom Ocean View Apartments are located from level 13 Two Bedroom Apartments are located from level 5 with city, river and hinterland views Two Bedroom Ocean Apartments are located from level 13 Three Bedroom Sub Penthouse Apartments are located from level 35 with ocean, river and hinterland views Apartments are assigned on the day of arrival, with levels & views allocated depending on availability. Bond policy: Upon check in, guests are required to provide photo ID and a credit card pre-authorisation. A $200 security bond is required for 1 Bedroom Apartments. For 2 and 3 Bedroom Apartments a $500 security bond is required. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Circle on Cavill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Circle On Cavill Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Circle On Cavill Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia