Mantra Circle on Cavill
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$127
US$111
  • Beachfront
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$147
  • Beachfront
US$335
US$153
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$87
US$75
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$110
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$105
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$92
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$109
3,800 results
All reviewsnorth towergreat locationbedroom spa apartmentthe gold coastocean viewamazing viewscentral locationcar parkhouse keepingdown stairsgames roomgreat roommain bedroomfull kitchenclose to shopsreception staffgreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Having been a very patron of several hotels on the Gold Coast, I was hesitant but excited to try a new one - not chosen by myself, but for convenience to be close to interstate family coming up for a holiday.

My first impression definitely got rid of any excitement, as the staff working the night of 24/5/13 seemed more interested in discussing their night out partying than helping the several people who came up to the counter while I was there. The gentleman who served me was mostly helpful, until it came to putting down the security deposit for the room, which had to be done before I could get keys. As the room was paid in full before I arrived and there isn't any room service, it hadn't occurred to me that a credit card would be needed at the desk before I could check in - so I didn't have one that could have the deposit put on. This is obviously not the hotel's fault, however when my boyfriend started to call up to use his credit card over the phone, I was informed by the gentleman that I could not do this. When I called my boyfriend he said he had been talking to the hotel and had been sent an authorisation form in order to give his credit card details. Because the gentleman behind the counter had already told me this was impossible, I had to call my family down from their room to cover the deposit for me, which was an extra twenty minutes on my time in the reception area and even more confusion for my boyfriend and I. I spent the time watching staff wander around in front and behind the counter carrying hair straighteners and calling each other names I wouldn't let my staff say in front of clients.

The room itself had lovely hygiene standards and was definitely quite spacious for a one bedroom, the spa bath was delightful! However...there were no blinds or frosting on the glass wall between the bed and the bathroom, so anyone in the bedroom could quite clearly see anyone on the toilet! Not impressed at all. The room my family were in had a set of blinds that came down over the same wall, so it was not a design flaw but an oversight. I find it hard to believe that a cleaner between guests would not notice that the toilet was clearly visible from the other room.

Some attention would be best paid to the quality of bedding as well, the spare pillow felt like a rectangle of hard packing foam shoved into a pillow case! That combined with a loud party going on at room 1091 resulted in a very sleepless night.

Checking out on Sunday was much more pleasant, the lady behind the counter was very helpful and professional.

I am used to a much higher standard in hotels of this calibre, so I think I'll visit those establishments in future. Though the problems encountered at Mantra were more related to inattentive staff, with so many other hotels I've had great experiences at - I won't be staying at Mantra again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Olivia
Thank you for sharing your experience although I read your comments and couldn’t help but think your review was a bit harsh! The team at the property are very friendly and work really well together. I do agree that they should be looking after our guests first rather than catching up on what happened last night and for this I sincerely apologise. I appreciate this was your first impression of Mantra Circle on Cavill and we didn't provide our normal high level service of guest arrival and welcome.
Thank you for trying the Mantra, I am sorry that we didn’t wow you during your stay with us however I am glad you will return to the Gold Coast in the future as it is a fabulous destination for everyone!
Regards
Katie Scholes – General Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2013

we spent 5 days here in a two bedroom ocean view apartment. In march 2013.
This trip for us was to get away from everything, relax and enjoy and catch up with family and friends all in a short 6 day break.

Good:
Breath taking views of the beach and skyline.
Great location
Large spacious rooms
Decent size kitchen
Washing machine and dryer

Bad:
Room Cleanliness was non existent. - we found a used/ dirty cotton bud in the wardrobe (gross), clearly high dusting was non existent as our suitcase was covered in dust after placing on the top shelf in the wardrobe.
The quality of the furniture was old and cheap. Wood on dinning table was peeling
Daily service was very minimal, sheets on bed were just pulled up, lacking attention to detail
Staff servicing the room came across and being quite rude and unhappy? (Just an observation)

issues aside. Waking up to the view from our apartment made all those minor issues fade away.
All in all we had a average stay, not a great stay.

I would stay there again, because I love the view.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shayne K
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Shayne K
Thank you for your review; we appreciate our Trip advisor members sharing the good and the bad points. I am sorry that you felt the 2 bedroom apartment was not presented to our usual high standard. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure that the standard you have described is not encountered by our future guests. We are currently working on a refurbishment of the apartments with our owners to replace any tired furniture. The newly refurbished apartments are presenting to a very high standard and our guests have only great feedback. I am sorry that this was not your experience, please remember we are here to assist our guests during their stay so please contact us and we will do everything we can to ensure everyone leaves happy and well rested!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2013

firstly location brilliant. staff friendly and efficient, apartment overlooking waterways in south tower was to die for. view all the way to hinterland was uplifting, we were on 17th floor with family sized open plan lounge/ living /diner, good size balcony with table and 4 chairs. big bedroom/ bathroom and laundry. after using washer with powder provided it was replenished the next day, the same as dishwasher powder and liquid soap in kitchen. bed was comfortable as were the pillows. slept well. kitchen was well stocked with pot ,pans & utensils.supermarket was only 50 yards from circle level (first floor)(level C). at the inner end of Cavil ave. you are close to bus stops bars restaurants and shops did i mention it was clean. am not a fan of gold coast in general, but this hotel was a stand out. A.C. that's all folks.

Room Tip: south tower looking over waterways
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Albert
Thank you for your review. I really appreciate hearing from our travellers especially when our guests have had an amazing experience. Thank you for your well written overview of the apartment, housekeeping services, location and views. The Hinterland views are probably my favourite as the back drop is ever-changing with the sunsets and skyline.
We hope you will return to the Gold Coast in the future, we would welcome you back and ensure you enjoy it just as much as your first stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I would recommend anyone to stay here. Great views and the service is amazing. Its close the absolutely everything! Including the beach shops and woolies.

The only thing that I wpuld say is a downer would be the kitchen utensils. Need a bigger pan! And need better cleaning brushes. One thin chucks cloth wont clean hard grime of that small pan.

But overall and amazing experience! This is our 4th time there!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear allycat_002
We love hearing from our guests that keep coming back time and time again! Thank you so much for your review and your recommendation for anyone and everyone to stay here.
See you next time,

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Top of the range highly priced for 5 nights luxurious and everything you need for apartment living. Great view from balcony, close to many attractions restaurants and shops. Service good though did have to pay an additional bond which is refunded on departure. Very comfortable spacious, cooking utensils provided in kitchen. Beds comfortable and spa in bathroom a treat. Highly recommended if not on a budget. Service outstanding will book all tourist attractions on your behalf if needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear KarenS
Thank you so much for your great review! Thank you also for taking the time to mention the outstanding service from the team. We are glad you enjoyed the luxury of your apartment with comfortable beds and time to sit back and relax in the spa bath with the magical views.