“Circle of Convenience”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We recently spent 9 nights at Mantra Circle on Cavill. The location of this property can't be beaten. Handy to everything in Surfers Paradise. The staff were great and very helpful. The property does take some getting used to but once you work out all the entrances it is pretty easy.

Our 1 bedroom unit was very spacious and well appointed. We had the hinterland view which was spectacular at night.

We will be back to stay again.

Room Tip: Personnally I preferred the hinterland view as there was much more on offer than a black ocean at ni...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Warren W
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you Warren W for your review following on from your stay with us. It is great to hear from our guests that enjoy the comfort and location of the apartments and I see you had a nice long break away with us. The views from the Hinterland are also a favourite of mine, the ever-changing sunsets against the hinterland and Nerang River pop with colour; we hope you had your camera to capture the moments. We look forward to you staying with us again. See you next time.
Katie Scholes

Write a ReviewReviews (3,747)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here in September for the Uni Games as mum booked it for me and it was lovely...my room was in the South tower on the 19th floor and had an awesome view...going to sleep looking out at the lights of Surfers Paradise
It was located in the right spot! The only thing I would complain about is the couch is far too low and uncomfortable but apart from that I loved the spa bath and the facilties were perfect

Room Tip: book your transport to and from the airport when you get to the airport or you will miss out if you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank WentworthFallsRasha

Thank you WentworthFallsRasha for your review. I hope you enjoyed the Uni Games event on the Gold Coast and I am pleased to see you were happy with your accommodation choice. The apartment on the 19th floor I think I know the apartment and I can confirm that we have a new sofa on order for this unit very soon. The views across Surfers Paradise are very glitzy and fun seeing all the landmarks lit up at night. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Rm #1273 South Tower - 1 Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment

Very well presented, spacious room with a gorgeous view of Surfer's night lights and ocean! The large balcony extended from the bedroom to the lounge, with an outdoor setting to relax any time of the day.

Great location; not too close to noisy nightlife, but very central with an extremely short walk to public transport (right out the front of the hotel), Woolworths, restaurants, nightclubs, attractions etc.

The spa bath is huge, but bubble bath isn't provided :o( so I used shampoo! The large window between the bedroom and bathroom can seem romantic, but when you need to "use" the bathroom (ie toilet) and the roller blind stops half way down the window, it can feel a little awkward if the bedroom is occupied at the same time. There is a photo to better explain.

The bed and pillows are quite hard, and unfortunately a little uncomfortable. I woke up with a sore hip and ears a couple of times, and a bad back for my partner - a pillow top bed would have been nice.

The lounge was very comfortable, but when I lay down, there was a funny smell on one of the seats... similar to a vomit odour that had been covered up. It was quite off putting, so I stayed away from that end.

On Wed or Thu nights, there are awesome little food stalls in the mall way near Woolworths. I had some foreign baby pancake thingies, and they were awesome! Cheap too. There weren't too many people around, but I would definitely recommend heading down to try out the mixture of food. The hotel room folder has this little market mentioned, along with other things to do.

Pro's:
- Large, spacious room
- Modern, clean kitchen and bathroom
- Gorgeous view
- Location is very central!
- 24hr electronic card access (secure hotel after 8pm?)

Con's:
- Foreign concierge, made it difficult to understand instructions
- Strange odour on couch
- Bathroom blind doesn't cover entire window, so someone in bed can watch you go to the bathroom...

In conclusion, I would definitely stay here again, especially for the price and location!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank csr_shuga

Thank you for your detailed review. I really appreciate the detail and the pros and cons and I can assure you I have taken your feedback to our team so we can improve the apartment and fix the little things you have detailed. It is great to hear how much our guests enjoy the convenience of our location and the spacious apartments and spa baths. Circle on Cavill retail area has markets every Thursday and they are really enjoyable. A few of us here at work have found the cake stand you are talking about and last week we devoured apple straddles and French vanilla slices. Definitely a treat and as you mentioned very cheap and fun!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay in one of the apartments here. The rooms were spacious , neat and tidy with glorious views of the river and surrounding suburbs.There was full kitchen facilities and a complete foxtel package. The pool was great (although in shade in the afternoon) and the gym was good. Located in the heart of Surfers, we were a minutes walk from Cavill mall, Orchid ave and the beach as well as having a Woolworths and "The Circle" right at the doorstep. Rates were extremely reasonable given the location and I would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the river dont have any morning sun beaming into the room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 16ang09

Thank you for your review, I like the title; paradise in the heart of paradise!
The one bedroom spa apartments are perfect for a short or long stay as you have described they are all very well equipped with full kitchen facilities. The views are always very well received by all of our guests and I think many guests overall expectations of Surfers Paradise are exceeded upon arrival. Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Mantra and was ecstatic with our room, view and location. The rooms were clean, modern and well equipped. It was my daughter's and my first holiday together and Mantra Circle on Cavill definitely contributed to us having a most memorable holiday, I wood definitely recommend staying here. Looking forward to booking our next holiday with all of the family at Mantra. Thanks Mantra!!!

Room Tip: Don't skimp on price. Also stayed at I Stay River City on Albert Street in Brisbane on way back...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Glen R

I loved your review as it sounds like you had a magical and memorable stay with your daughter. I am so glad that Mantra made your stay amazing with a great apartment, great views and great service. See you next time.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This is my and my families favorite hotel for being 'central' and amongst the action in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast..

Having stayed here many times in the past 5 years, we have for the most part always had fantastic stays. Rooms are large, modern and well maintained, with stunning views (if you book an ocean view or try your chances for an upgrade at reception).

You'll literally be in the heart of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast with a quick walk to nightlife, restaurants, shopping & the beach.

Staff have always been great and accommodating. Security of parking and the actual buildings is great.

Being in the Mantra chain this is one of the most well presented ones I've stayed in. Happily recommend for stays of any kind. Though, we have generally found deals for around $150-$200 a night, which I feel is a fair price for this hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GracieHarold

Wow, we are certainly blessed to have your review and comments that we are your favourite accommodation in Surfers Paradise. It is great to see how many guests return time and time again and enjoy everything we have to offer. Thank you also for your great comments about Mantra and the team here at Circle on Cavill. We really do enjoy what we do and it is extra special having our guests return and recommend us to their family and friends.
See you next time.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stay here for a week over christmas in a one bedroom spa apartment and it was a lovely stay,very clean when we arrived and lots of space.
The pools are all great as was the spa great for relaxing after a day out and about.
we did have an issue with our room not getting a daily refresh which we have paid for so had to ring almost everyday to ask them to come do it which was annoying special after the first 2 days of reminding them.
beds are comfortable and room dark for sleeping.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melmo78

Thank you for your review from December last year, it is almost Christmas time again and we hope you are returning to celebrate the festive season with us. Thank you for your comments on the pools and spacious apartments and please accept my apologies for any issues you experienced with our daily mantra refresh housekeeping service.