“Magical accommodation right in the heart of Surfers Paradise”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time and booked two 2-bedroom ocean spa apartments with friends.

I cannot fault this hotel, it is amazing value for money. We were on level 41 and 42 and the apartments had sweeping views of the hinterland, skyscrapers and ocean. The rooms are spacious. The main bedroom has a modern ensuite with a deep spa bath. There is also a well-equipped gourmet kitchen, very decent sized balcony and full laundry facilities.

The facilities are great, with three swimming pools, heated spa, sauna and steam room. There is even a private cinema and games arcade.

The location is perfect and I just don't think I would ever risk staying somewhere else next time I come to the Gold Coast.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mitch P
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hi Mitch
Great to see your review and that you returned to stay with us again in one of our amazing two bedroom ocean view apartments. It is so great to read your review about the apartments being amazing value for money and that you enjoy all of our facilities, pools, spa, gym, games room etc. The mini private theatrette is a great experience when you need a relaxing evening in. Sounds like you experienced everything we have to offer and more and will continue to return to your favourite place, Mantra Circle on Cavill. See you next time.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great location, we stayed in a one bedroom apartment in the North tower, perfect for the two of us. It was clean and spacious and had everything we needed, close to shops and beach. Free parking which is great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sunseekers8910

Thank you Sunseekers8910 for your review, great to hear you found your apartment to be clean and spacious and enjoyed the easy access of our free car parking on site. Thank you also for uploading the image of the view from your balcony, we hope you enjoyed watching the sunset and relaxing during your stay with us.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We recently spent 9 nights at Mantra Circle on Cavill. The location of this property can't be beaten. Handy to everything in Surfers Paradise. The staff were great and very helpful. The property does take some getting used to but once you work out all the entrances it is pretty easy.

Our 1 bedroom unit was very spacious and well appointed. We had the hinterland view which was spectacular at night.

We will be back to stay again.

Room Tip: Personnally I preferred the hinterland view as there was much more on offer than a black ocean at ni...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Warren W

Thank you Warren W for your review following on from your stay with us. It is great to hear from our guests that enjoy the comfort and location of the apartments and I see you had a nice long break away with us. The views from the Hinterland are also a favourite of mine, the ever-changing sunsets against the hinterland and Nerang River pop with colour; we hope you had your camera to capture the moments. We look forward to you staying with us again. See you next time.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here in September for the Uni Games as mum booked it for me and it was lovely...my room was in the South tower on the 19th floor and had an awesome view...going to sleep looking out at the lights of Surfers Paradise
It was located in the right spot! The only thing I would complain about is the couch is far too low and uncomfortable but apart from that I loved the spa bath and the facilties were perfect

Room Tip: book your transport to and from the airport when you get to the airport or you will miss out if you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank WentworthFallsRasha

Thank you WentworthFallsRasha for your review. I hope you enjoyed the Uni Games event on the Gold Coast and I am pleased to see you were happy with your accommodation choice. The apartment on the 19th floor I think I know the apartment and I can confirm that we have a new sofa on order for this unit very soon. The views across Surfers Paradise are very glitzy and fun seeing all the landmarks lit up at night. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Rm #1273 South Tower - 1 Bedroom Ocean Spa Apartment

Very well presented, spacious room with a gorgeous view of Surfer's night lights and ocean! The large balcony extended from the bedroom to the lounge, with an outdoor setting to relax any time of the day.

Great location; not too close to noisy nightlife, but very central with an extremely short walk to public transport (right out the front of the hotel), Woolworths, restaurants, nightclubs, attractions etc.

The spa bath is huge, but bubble bath isn't provided :o( so I used shampoo! The large window between the bedroom and bathroom can seem romantic, but when you need to "use" the bathroom (ie toilet) and the roller blind stops half way down the window, it can feel a little awkward if the bedroom is occupied at the same time. There is a photo to better explain.

The bed and pillows are quite hard, and unfortunately a little uncomfortable. I woke up with a sore hip and ears a couple of times, and a bad back for my partner - a pillow top bed would have been nice.

The lounge was very comfortable, but when I lay down, there was a funny smell on one of the seats... similar to a vomit odour that had been covered up. It was quite off putting, so I stayed away from that end.

On Wed or Thu nights, there are awesome little food stalls in the mall way near Woolworths. I had some foreign baby pancake thingies, and they were awesome! Cheap too. There weren't too many people around, but I would definitely recommend heading down to try out the mixture of food. The hotel room folder has this little market mentioned, along with other things to do.

Pro's:
- Large, spacious room
- Modern, clean kitchen and bathroom
- Gorgeous view
- Location is very central!
- 24hr electronic card access (secure hotel after 8pm?)

Con's:
- Foreign concierge, made it difficult to understand instructions
- Strange odour on couch
- Bathroom blind doesn't cover entire window, so someone in bed can watch you go to the bathroom...

In conclusion, I would definitely stay here again, especially for the price and location!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank csr_shuga

Thank you for your detailed review. I really appreciate the detail and the pros and cons and I can assure you I have taken your feedback to our team so we can improve the apartment and fix the little things you have detailed. It is great to hear how much our guests enjoy the convenience of our location and the spacious apartments and spa baths. Circle on Cavill retail area has markets every Thursday and they are really enjoyable. A few of us here at work have found the cake stand you are talking about and last week we devoured apple straddles and French vanilla slices. Definitely a treat and as you mentioned very cheap and fun!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay in one of the apartments here. The rooms were spacious , neat and tidy with glorious views of the river and surrounding suburbs.There was full kitchen facilities and a complete foxtel package. The pool was great (although in shade in the afternoon) and the gym was good. Located in the heart of Surfers, we were a minutes walk from Cavill mall, Orchid ave and the beach as well as having a Woolworths and "The Circle" right at the doorstep. Rates were extremely reasonable given the location and I would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the river dont have any morning sun beaming into the room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 16ang09

Thank you for your review, I like the title; paradise in the heart of paradise!
The one bedroom spa apartments are perfect for a short or long stay as you have described they are all very well equipped with full kitchen facilities. The views are always very well received by all of our guests and I think many guests overall expectations of Surfers Paradise are exceeded upon arrival. Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Mantra and was ecstatic with our room, view and location. The rooms were clean, modern and well equipped. It was my daughter's and my first holiday together and Mantra Circle on Cavill definitely contributed to us having a most memorable holiday, I wood definitely recommend staying here. Looking forward to booking our next holiday with all of the family at Mantra. Thanks Mantra!!!

Room Tip: Don't skimp on price. Also stayed at I Stay River City on Albert Street in Brisbane on way back...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Glen R

I loved your review as it sounds like you had a magical and memorable stay with your daughter. I am so glad that Mantra made your stay amazing with a great apartment, great views and great service. See you next time.