This hotel is an absolute joke - for the money that you pay to stay in a supposed 4.5 star hotel it is appalling. We were very excited about staying at Mantra as they have a good reputation and were happy that we were able to book a 2 bedroom deluxe ocean view apartment between Christmas and New Year. The first day of our stay was an absolute nightmare. When we got to our room - the first thing we noticed was that the second bedroom had 2 single beds which were absolutely tiny - there was no way that any grown person would be able to sleep in it without falling out.
Clearly, we were disappointed because you would think a 2 bed apartment would have 2 doubles etc. We then had issues with the room keys. One would open the door and the other wouldn't, and in total we went up and down to reception 3 times because they could not fix the issue. We also wondered if they could change the 2 singles to a double as this is what we presumed we had booked.
They came and changed it to a double alright, by pushing the 2 single beds together with a big hole down the middle and the state they left the bed in was disgusting - it was like they hadn't even made it. But it just gets better - there was dust on the airvents, the two lamps had either cracks or were leaning on a 45 degree angle and one of the power points didn't have a cover on it. Also, the ensuite bath grout was black and looked like it had not been cleaned. There was also dust behind the door which could have been cleaned easily. They were just little things that could have been fixed but mantra has let slip or they do not give the owners of these apartments good standards to abide by. Also like I see everyone else has mentioned on here that it's like playing russian roulette with the lifts as you have to guess which floor you are on.
We finally got a room change in the other tower, which we appreciated, however there was no communication of this and it was up to the cleaners who came to tell us that room change had been written down. By the time we moved all our stuff that had already been unpacked, we had wasted a whole day of our holiday. The new room was much nicer, however previous guests had stolen something from the TV and caused this to not work. The shower leaked, the windows weren't sealed properly and general wear and tear of this apartment too. The vaccum also didn't work and therefore day in day out we had sand covering the floor of the apartment. Yes, the hotel organised for the cleaners to vaccum, however we then had to wait a whole day before the floor being cleaned again instead of being able to keep it clean ourself.
It is clearly common knowledge among guests and members of the general public that this hotel is not up to standard - not one person had a good word to say! The communication between staff members is atrocious. You would call and ask something and then get a response 48 hours later! One night they were out of pool towels, the next extra pillows and the next normal bath towels - completely unacceptable! Does mantra not know how to make guests happy at all? One sour girl at the reception desk could clearly do with a lesson in customer service - very rude when we tried to enquire about visitors for the day.
The pool chairs also had big black stains over them which makes you not want to go to the pool either.
The positives of the hotel was that it was a very central location to the beach, restaurants and Cavill ave etc. and it was good to have Woolies just down the bottom of the hotel.
Yes the view from both our rooms was good, however views can only take you so far, at the end of the day we had to stay there for a week.
All I can say is do not stay here at all - you will only be left with a sour taste in your mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Circle on Cavill boasts spacious one, two and three bedroom apartments, consisting of city, river, hinterland and ocean views, all with self contained kitchens, laundry, bathroom including spa, flat screen televisions, DVD player, stereo and cable TV. Onsite facilities including two lagoon style pools, fully equipped gym, sauna and spa, as well as a children's playground and games room. Relax in the Zen garden terraces overlooking the bustling centre below. CIRCLE ON CAVILL HAS A STRICT 'NO PARTY POLICY'- Each apartment requires a guardian of legal age (18 years +) - Parties are not permitted in apartments - Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 10pm - Excessive noise will not be tolerated - Excessive levels of alcohol are forbidden -views allocated depending on availability. Bond policy: Upon check in, guests are required to provide photo ID and a credit card pre-authorisation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Circle on Cavill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Circle On Cavill Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Circle On Cavill Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia