We stayed for 4 days in dec and not that impressed. After being told we could check in at 1pm, we arrived at 1:30pm ( assuming they would make us wait til 2 anyway) to be told 'your room isn't ready, come back later and maybe it will be ready then'. Mind you by the time I actually spoke to the receptionist it was 1:55pm. One receptionist for a 510 million dollar complex... I was given the garage key (not sure why since they didn't even know what room we were in). I went back to the car to inform my husband we had to come back 'later' not knowing when this later was. My poor 9 month old in the back desperate to get out of the seat he had been sitting in for an hour. So after visiting a few shops we went back at 3pm only to have to wait a further 30 minutes to reach the receptionist (one of two this time, yay). Me: 'hi I've already checked in was told to come back later'. Lady: ' yes it's ready did I give you a garage key?' Me: 'yes it's in the car' Lady: 'well im going to need that asap'. After running to the car to get the key she so politely asked for we were finally able to get into our room.
Floor not vacuumed (tried to vacuum myself since my lo crawls everywhere but vacuum missing it's head)
Bathroom fan didnt work
Only half of buttons on remote worked
Balcony barrier full of spider webs EVERYWHERE
Furniture seriously out dated (hurt my eyes)
No milk in fridge for a morning coffee not that I would use that kettle
There was no cot like we were promised (brought a porta cot knowing this would probably happen)
Getting out of the building was as hard as it was to get in! 3 elevators on our floor and each time had to wait at least 10 minutes to get into one. They were always full because it seemed only one would work at any one time. Now came the fun part of guessing what floor you were on. The screens are blank. Have to jump out to see where you are. I ready somewhere it was water damage back in september....yes september.
All in all was not a pleasant experience. They really need to sort out these issues. They are so minor but there are too many of them. Does not deserve 4.5 star rating. Only plus...the view...but you can get that at the hilton...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comprising of two residential towers, Circle on Cavill offers luxury accommodation for couples, families or business delegates looking for a relaxed holiday in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. With its central location, proximity to the beach and direct access to the Circle on Cavill shopping precinct, Circle on Cavill ensures you will never be short of things to do. Circle on Cavill boasts spacious one, two and three bedroom apartments, all consisting of self contained state of the art kitchens, laundry, bathroom including spa, flat screen televisions, DVD player, stereo and cable TV. Circle on Cavill has many onsite facilities including two lagoon style pools, fully equipped gym, sauna and spa, as well as a children's playground and games room. Relax in the Zen garden terraces overlooking the bustling centre below. Circle on Cavill is perfectly positioned to take advantage of the iconic Australian beach culture and the contemporary international entertainment to make it a very sort after destination. CIRCLE ON CAVILL HAS A STRICT 'NO PARTY POLICY' (DOCUMENTATION TO BE SIGNED ON ARRIVAL). Circle on Cavill Party Policy: - Each apartment requires a guardian of legal age (18 years or greater) - Parties are not permitted in apartments - Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 10pm - Excessive noise will not be tolerated - Excessive levels of alcohol are not to be brought onto the premises - Apartments are to be left in original condition on check out or additional charges will apply Failure to comply with the above will result in immediate eviction from the premises. Circle on Cavill reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. Circle on Cavill is a mixed use building that includes residents, permanent tenants and holiday rental apartments. Circle on Cavill apartments consist of city, river, hinterland and ocean views. One Bedroom Apartments are located from level 5 with city, river and hinterland views One Bedroom Ocean View Apartments are located from level 13 Two Bedroom Apartments are located from level 5 with city, river and hinterland views Two Bedroom Ocean Apartments are located from level 13 Three Bedroom Sub Penthouse Apartments are located from level 35 with ocean, river and hinterland views Apartments are assigned on the day of arrival, with levels & views allocated depending on availability. Bond policy: Upon check in, guests are required to provide photo ID and a credit card pre-authorisation. A $200 security bond is required for 1 Bedroom Apartments. For 2 and 3 Bedroom Apartments a $500 security bond is required. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Circle on Cavill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Circle On Cavill Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Circle On Cavill Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia