“Beautiful Hotel with great spa!”

Mantra Circle on Cavill
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 19 May 2014

One of my all time favourite hotels at Surfers Paradise.

I've stayed here with friends and several times with my boyfriend.

The rooms are modern and clean and the spa baths are amazing and has a very romantic feel as the bathroom has a large window which opens out to the bedroom.

Great location and great pool too!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank courtney2323
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Courtney 2323

Thank you for your lovely review after your stay with us in December. I am glad you enjoyed relaxing in the spa bath with the wonderful views and that you enjoy staying at the property with us time and time again. We look forward to you being able to book another trip to the Gold Coast in the near future and stay with us again as a loyal mantra guest.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Mantra Circle on Cavill

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A mate my wife and I stayed in a two bedroom ocean spa apartment. Room was dirty eg sticky surfaces/cupboards, nasty oven and toaster in the kitchen. Stained cushions on couch, dated damaged furniture in living. Non fitted sheets on bed, dusty/dirty master bedroom. Two singles together to create so called queen in other bedroom. Informed no other rooms available fully booked out yet available online. Dirty carpet/window's and marked/scratched/stained paint on walls and ceiling thru out apartment. Couldn't get refund unless put in writing to a board with no guarantee of all or any of our $455 for the night. Choose to stay had to leave room so cleaners could detail room. Spotted m&m under couch on exit Still there upon return after so call cleaning detail. Goes on. Oh rug looked to be cleaned with kirby dozer as had more waves then surfers beach before exit and return. Oh have to say they took my email to send me the contact details of the general manager to put my complaint In writing its been over 24 hours and im yet to receive.

1  Thank brett84
Katie S, General Manager at Mantra Circle on Cavill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Brett84
Thank you for your review following on from your stay with us over the weekend. It is extremely disappointing to receive your review given our Assistant Manager assisted you with your complaint and feedback at the time to resolve these issues with you. I understand you requested an apartment with two double beds however as with all of our reservation requests we are unable to guarantee this on every occasion due to the availability. For other reviewers of this site, our two bedrooms configurations are a master bedroom with a queen bed and a second bedroom with a twin bed, we have limited apartments offering 2 queen bedrooms. The apartment you were accommodated in usually presents to a very high standard with fabulous ocean views and a lovely balcony area to enjoy. The cleaning items you noted were attended to by the team and rectified immediately and I am sorry that we again missed the m&m chocolate!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

i haven stay in but i request via email and live chat but they cant do anything. yes i admit my staff did a mistake on booking instead of one room she book 2 rooms with 2 bedrooms apartment. but i have try to check with my agent in Malaysia but they say only i request with the hotel itself. but when i do so they say cant and ask request with my agent OMG who should i approach to upgrade my room to 3 bedrooms spa apartment

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear aero48
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies’ for any difficulties you are experiencing in amending or upgrading your reservation. We have limited 3 bedroom apartments and I would recommend you cancel your existing reservation and re book a 3 bedroom apartment through the channel you have booked through.
I hope this assists. We are unable to offer an amendment in apartment type to a 3 bedroom apartment direct at the property unless you have made your reservation direct with the property. If you have made a reservation through a website please cancel through the terms and conditions of your current reservation. I hope this helps and we look forward to your stay with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a 2 bedroom apartment. Ocean view.
Was a great view unlike a few other places on the gold coast.
The pool, bbq area and playground was great. Even had a games room, steam room and gym.
The free parking downstairs was great, the bathrooms were new and clean.
The queen size bed wasn't so good, Only thing that brought the property down.
Would stay here again.
Woolies was downstairs, full kitchen in the unit, bottle shop, cafe and many others downstairs.
A short walk to the beach and right on Cavill Ave.
The main pool was very cold, there is an indoor heated pool and outdoor spa.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room, the higher the better. We were on level 21, was a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Freezy11

Dear aero48

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very well appointed apartment, spacious light and clean. The only down side was the construction work on the Gold Coast light railway starts at six in the morning and goes on into the night, very very noisy! obviously not the fault of the hotel. Request a beach facing room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ozzyjock

Dear Ozzyjock

Thank you for your review of the well-appointed apartment, cleanliness and views. The Light Rail project is coming to an end very shortly, the works being completed is the beautification process to install the stations, footpaths and palm trees. We look forward to the project being completed and the Light Rail bringing a convenient transport system to the Gold Coast. For other reviewers of this post, the works are very minimal and noise complaints are next to none, please do not be concerned on any noise issues from this project should you be considering a stay at Circle on Cavill. Thank you for your tips to select a Ocean View apartment.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a 2br apartment at circle on Cavill and upon check in we were told that the aircon wasn't working and that we would need to spend a night at the apartment as no other apartment is available until the next day. This was pretty upsetting considering the high humidity and heat in January.

We made a booking through YouStay not through Mantra so be aware that Mantra manages approx 70% of the apartments at Circle On Cavill and the rest are managed by dodgy Gold Coast holiday estate agents. If there's a problem with your property, it's hard to get these fixed. I literally had to make a huge fuss to get it all sorted. At the end, You-stay upgraded us to another hotel which was very nice but we still had to endure a horrible first night.
In addition, these Gold Coast agents rent the one bedroom plus study as a "2 bedroom". We had no blinds in the second bedroom.
Be aware- there are no 2BR 1Bathroom apartments at CIrcle. All 2BR should gave 2 bathrooms too so if you are given one fat broom, it's a study!!!!

1  Thank My-voice-oz

Dear My-voice-oz
Thank you for posting your experience at Circle on Cavill having stayed through an offsite booking agent YouStay. We would have welcomed the opportunity to have you stay as a Mantra guest as I am confident that we would not have expected you to stay in an apartment with faulty air conditioning during the heat in January. We hope you enjoyed the Gold Coast and on your return stay will choose to book with the Mantra team.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was really reluctant to book this hotel but being Mother's Day weekend we had left it so late it was the only one left in a good location. Sleeping on the beach or sidewalk would have been cleaner.
The first room we were in was absolutely shocking. Filthy in fact. Even the bed sheets were still dirty, didn't fit the bed, there were boob marks on the windows where someone had obviously found it funny to leave their mark! The furniture was falling apart too. I was in the process of goin home when I decided to call reception. It has to be said that they were very helpful. I was asked to take all our belongings to reception which we did. On arrival we were asked to wait whilst another room was checked by housekeeping. We were given a new room and it was lovely. We were obviously upgraded. The staff dealt with it very very well and I have no issues with them at all. The problem I have is I still wouldn't return. If I have to be upgraded in order to get what we paid for, a clean comfortable room, I wouldn't risk booking here. It's a shame because the location is excellent and the staff were very apologetic but this is a party hotel. It has been abused and the cleaning staff obviously do not clean properly thinking that all their customers are the same. We are not. Especially when paying 220 a night! Next time we will book earlier and go to the Sofitel which is beautiful and every room is stunning and clean. Mantra.....you need to sort this hotel. It was my first and last experience of a Mantra hotel. Ergh.....

4  Thank Sara D

Dear Sara D
Thank you for review however I am disappointed with your feedback. I would like to assure you that the team at Mantra Circle on Cavill are in no way complacent with the standards. It is unfortunate that you checked into an apartment that was not presented to our normal high standard. As a guest you absolutely did the right thing in contacting our dedicated team for assistance. It is pleasing to read that we immediately room moved you to a new apartment and prior to giving you the keys we checked the apartment to ensure our mantra standards were in place for your stay with us. I am sorry that your initial experience and our teams exceptional customer service and commitment to ensure you had a great stay with us was not enough to have you return and stay with us in the future.