“"Excellent hotel with great facilities and location."”

Wyndham Surfers Paradise
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Shelly Beach, Australia
“"Excellent hotel with great facilities and location."”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment facing the hinterland for 4 nights. The room was decked out with everything you could need for a weeks stay. It was very spacious and clean. The quality of service was very high with staff willing to help with any of our requests. Overall, a very lovely stay and we recommend the Wyndham to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a room that was situated on the end of the building which had great views of both the river a...
1 Thank Jarrad F
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Jarrad F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

We particularly appreciate positive feedback about our staff as this is a great way for the staff member and the management team to realise that we are delivering on our Count On Me! service promise. It is very rewarding for the team when we share this feedback directly with them.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will recommend us to anyone.

Thank you again Jarrad, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

The Team at Wyndham Surfers Paradise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed In a one bed room apartment facing the hinterland (poolside)for 3 nights, I found the room to have everything I wanted and need and more great big tv, good stero, aircon, full kitchen, nice bed, me and my partner were very impressed with this hotel will be returning to stay there again I recommend it to anyone,
There were a few slight problems tho, room wasn't ready Untill about half hour after Checkin and once we did get up to the room the couch had a lot or large dark stains on it and under It had not been cleaned, I contacted reception and they sent up the maintance guy who was quick to appolgise and replace the couch with a brand new one never used before plus delivered a box of chocolates for the inconvenient, his service was excellent

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Joels_rody
Dear Joels_rody,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad to hear you would stay again and recommend this to anyone. This is all we could hope for from our guests, is to hear they will return and recommend to their friends and family.

I am not aware of your situation with the room being delayed and the couch being stained, so I will follow up with housekeeping as to why this was not reported and fixed before you arrived and why your room was not ready on time. Please accept my sincere apologies for this and trust that this is not common for us. Thankfully this was fixed and hopefully in good time, however there shouldn't have been these problems in the first place. Thank you for being so understanding regarding this.

Aside from this issue, I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Metz, France
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We've been traveling in couple during our australian trip and we stay one night at the Wyndham.
Everything was perfect, the hotel, the quality, the furniture, the neighbor.
I highly recommend.
Unfortunately, the weather was bad, but we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Raphael C
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Gabriele999,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, albeit for just 1 night!

We would love to welcome you back, maybe for a longer stay next time. If you wish to return, please let us know you are a returning guest and we will offer you a discount.

Thank you again Gabriele, I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday in Australia.

Shepparton, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This was out first trip to stay at a Wyndham owned hotel and we are off to Fiji in August too. The only two negatives I have about the hotel which were completely out of Wyndham's hands was the weather 20-22 Feb 2013 and the roads works out front but apart from that the two nights we spent there was fabulous. From the quality of the rooms and good sized balcony. Flat screen tv in the bedroom and very comfy beds. Nice sized kitchen and lounge and good quality furnishings. We had breakfast down stairs on the first morning $12.50 buffet. From the time we got there the staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. Its is only a few blocks to Cavil Ave where the heart of the Gold Coast is. I have seen the two bedroom units as well and if we had our two children with us they are very roomy enough for a family of 4. The lounge/pool area is a great get together area and a large flat screen TV on the wall. Plenty of BBQ's to choose from. The pool is not a huge resort style pool you might find at some resorts but it has a nice sanded area for small children to play in, but the pool is quite long enough to swim laps or throw the kids around. Over all this is a great place stay even for an extended time and would recommend the Wyndham to my friends.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
WYNSurfersParadise, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 12 February 2015
Hello Dugg0,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Wyndham Surfers Paradise.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This hotel is nice enough but the roadworks made the stay just bearable. The two sleeps we had there were interrupted by a truck groaning away right outside our window starting about 8am. This drone went on all day. The hire car we hired had a GPS that just did not know how to deal with the roadworks and we spent hours driving around listening to it rather than looking out the window. This is the first time I have driven in Surfers Paradise having only been here once before. Finally I decided I had better call the hotel because we had no idea of how to actually get to the hotel because the road was closed off either side of the block, The hotel receptionist was pleasant on the phone although I was very annoyed that the hotel did not take the time to send me a brochure about the disruption and I told her that. They had all my details through Agoda so I think they should make sure that they do that to other guests so they can avoid doing the same as we did. I walked a block to the hotel, and was helped to get back to the hotel by a lady who I thought was nice enough. A brochure was given to me when I had just about finished checking in. We were given a free bottle of wine which was a nice gesture although my Mum and I left it in the room with the other complimentary bottle that was waiting for us. Neither of us are wine drinkers. When I was about to leave the reception area after completing checking in with all the information I needed I again apologised to the receptionist that my attitude was short and sharp on the phone. We had left Coolangatta car hire at 4pm (perhaps a half an hour driive away) and were finally able to go to our room by 7pm. This is not the hotel's fault that the GPS didn't know how to negotiate the roadworks, neither is it mine. After apologising for my tone of voice, I was about to leave the reception area after completing my check in when the lady who had walked down to help me find my way there chimed in with a comment that stopped me in my tracks. She said " I was just making a note of that myself" ie my comment about directing my attitude to the wrong people- she was typing on a computer so I thought she was making a complaint to the council. I don't believe she was, I believe now she was making a note to the hotel. Initially when she said that I said "yeah good idea make a complaint" - although the receptionist did a double take and said "oh no we weren't complaining". I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed. I certainly was not flapping around like a headless chook or anything like it. I was the only person in the reception area at the time. I decided right then and there that I would not spend another cent in the hotel. Overall, I would advise you to find somewhere to stay that is away from the roadworks, especially the ones right outside the window looking down onto Surfers Paradise Boulevard.

Room Tip: Find a hotel some where to stay away from the roadworks.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear SharleneR,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly I would like to apologise that it took you so long to find the hotel because of the road works. Unfortunately they are making a bit of a mess of the roads with the road blocks changing almost daily. We do wish we could notify all of our arriving guests however it isn't feasible for us to do this at this stage. However we are trying to put a notice on website.

I have spoken to Jean who came down the street to find you and direct you to the hotel, and she advised that she showed only sympathy and understanding towards your situation. I asked what exactly she said when you apologised which she advised she did not mention making a note of your apology. She was typing into the computer as she was doing her work while the other staff members checked you in. Maybe there was some miscommunication between what was said however Jean did not say anything negative towards you at all and was only trying to help. Which I believe she went above and beyond to do so.

I am sorry that you felt uncomfortable and embarrassed by Jean's assistance and kind offering of the wine, please note that it was no-one's intention to make you feel this way.

Aside from this, I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the future

Management
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Hubby and I fancied a weekend down the beach and ended up having a three night stay at Wyndham Surfers Paradise. From our arrival on a wet Thursday evening through until our departure on an equally wet Sunday morning, we enjoyed our stay despite the abysmal weather.

The first thing I have to say about Wyndham is how truly lovely and happy all the staff we encountered were. This really stood out to me - most hotel staff are efficient and pleasant, but the staff here just seemed to go beyond that with their smiles and genuine interest in each and every guest. This will be one of my lasting impressions and I highly commend Wyndham for the staff they chose and the training they provide.

Now onto the actual property. We had a lovely one-bedroom ocean facing apartment up on the 16th floor. It was perfect - spotlessly clean, a good sized kitchen with everything you need to cook up a storm for four people, a separate laundry with washer AND dryer, the dining/living area was spacious, the bedroom equally so and a bathroom with shower. Oh and a lovely long verandah to sit out and look at the ocean. The bed was comfortable and the television had a huge amount of channels to chose from.

The aircon was easy to use and worked very well, as did the shower - one of my pet hates is showers that are hard to regulate and only have a trickle. No problems with that at Wyndham. My only real complaint about the room was that there was no television in the bedroom - whilst I know that is not a biggie - we do enjoy a lie in on a weekend morning with a cup of tea and a bit of morning tv. Equally we quite like to watch a movie at night in bed - so for us, that was a bit of a disappointment. But certainly not a deal-breaker.

We dined in the hotel one morning to give their buffet brekkie a go - it wasn't big, but had what you needed - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, hash browns, a small selection of pastries and cereal, some fruit and toast. At $12.50 (with the hotel $5 off discount we received) it was great value. However we only did eat there the one morning as it would be a bit repetitive to have the same thing every day - so we ventured out the other two days.

We also ate our first evening down in the Indian restaurant (Delhi Darba) at the bottom of the hotel - great food, thoroughly enjoyable and so convenient being right downstairs. The hotel itself is situated a block back from the beach - an easy walk and had a pool and spa (which we didn't use as the weather was so awful). It is also only a quick ten minute walk into Surfers and Cav Ave - we found it super convenient location-wise. There are also a number of great restaurants very close by.

The one issue that I will warn everyone about at the moment is that they are building a light rail system right through the middle of the Gold Coast. Indeed this is right out the front of this hotel and many others through Surfers. It's a real shame because there are big fences all over the place and we did find accessing the property on our arrival difficult due to the street closures. We also found on the Friday morning that work started early - about 7am and it was fairly obtrusive and noisy. On the weekend it started a little later - around 8am - but be warned if you are after a lazy holiday with sleep-ins you might want to rethink your hotel choice (and as I said not just Wyndham, you need to look at any hotel along the route where the rail is being installed). I would imagine this will be lasting for many many months and it is a real problem I would imagine for many businesses in the area. It also ran throughout the day - so again if you want to be in your apartment a lot and want some peace and quiet - not the place for you at the moment.

Otherwise I would highly recommend Wyndham and we may well return again.

Room Tip: I only give the sleep quality a three because of the current construction surrounding the property...
1 Thank Melisa L
Dear Melisa L,

First of all, what a pleasant way to start my shift this morning by reading your review!

We really appreciate your kind words about our staff and the service you received. Great staff and customer service is quite often unnoticed, so it is very refreshing and reassuring to read about your experience.

We also appreciate detailed reviews so anyone reading has more information than we can list on our website and also from a guests perspective. So thank you for providing so much information

Unfortunately the road works is starting to become a slight issue for us. They have been working away for a few months but have only been working 'here and there'. Over the past week or so the work is becoming more constant and consistent so we really appreciate our guests understanding and patience with this. We really wish that we could contact all guests regarding this but at this stage it is not feasible. Although it is a bit of a pain at the moment, we are really looking forward to the Light Rail once construction has been completed and believe it will be extremely convenient for our guests.

We would love to welcome you back to Wyndham Surfers Paradise! If you wish to stay with us again, please let us know you are a returning guest so we can offer you a discounted rate.

Thank you again Melisa, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Had a lovely stay at the Wyndham, booking on wotif I had a discounted rate and feel I got what I paid for. The room was spacious and clean, and nicely decorated. Although only on the 5th floor, and without an ocean view, I still had 270 degree views if the city and hinterland from windows and a little balcony. The young lady in reception was lovely and made us feel very welcome. The hotel is in a great location, restaurants right outside your door and it's only a short walk to Cavil Av. No room service though, but a small buffet breakfast in the mornings.

Room Tip: Upper level, ocean view.
Dear Toowoomba_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We believe we have the best of everything in terms of our rooms, location and staff and it is so great to hear you think the same.

If you wish to return to Wyndham Surfers Paradise, please let us know you are a returning guest so we can offer you a discount

We look forward to welcoming you in the future!