“Excellent Location and Wonderful Service”

Wyndham Surfers Paradise
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Mountain View, California
“Excellent Location and Wonderful Service”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was our first time staying at the Wyndham resort in Surfers Paradise. The accommodation was very spacious with beautiful views of the Gold Coast. If you want the luxuries of a hotel atmosphere with the features of a top class serviced apartment, then this is a great place to stay.

The kitchen was very well appointed with all the basic appliances - perfect for staying in and cooking some meals if you didn't want to eat out every night. We stayed for 9 days and also found the washer and dryer to be very convenient. The living room is generous with a flat screen tv and comfortable lounge area. The balconies extend from the living room all the way to the bedrooms and offer a great reason to enjoy the ocean views right from the apartment. The rooms are air conditioned and bathroom was also extremely clean and modern. The staff were very helpful and provided some fantastic service. We used the heated pool almost every day, as well as the adjacent outdoor spa.

The building is situated in the heart of Surfers Paradise, off the boulevard, and a block away from Gold Coast Highway. Because of its proximity, we found ourselves walking to the local restaurants, cafes, and malls. The main beach is also only a 10 minute walk and from there you could walk or bike the entire stretch of the city along the esplanade. A new tram line is being constructed and will take passengers right through the Surfers Paradise Boulevard - the heart of Surfers. This will provide added convenience, as there will be a stop situated right outside the Wyndham.
We'll definitely be staying there again thanks to the wonderful experience of this trip. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the coast (East) are great for views of the beach, and also quieter because it's aw...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank readyfire
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Readyfire,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and will return! Our mission is to help create memories, and by hearing that guests intend to return means the world to us.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm Regards,
The Team at Wyndham Surfers Paradise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week with two kids whilst doing the tourist trail around SP. Big, clean room, workable kitchen and facilities nearby. Good location with nice undergrouns parking. Perfect for family trips. Give the breakfast a miss, otherwise service was good and a small room problems was rectified the same day.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Xyzzy63
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Xyzzy63,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor

We appreciate all feedback, whether positive or negative, as it helps us learn what areas need improvement. I would love to hear why you would not recommend our breakfast, if you would like to discuss it further you can contact us on 07 5579 6500 or surfers@wyn.com

Aside from this, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your apartment and facilities and I hope you enjoyed your stay with us

We look forward to welcoming you again one day in the future

Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Our room was spacious, modern and clean with a good view of the beach despite being back a few streets. it was in close proximity to the beach, food and shopping. The facilities were very impressive with a great pool deck area and a reasonably priced buffet breakfast. The staff were very welcoming and polite. My stay was rather short but i would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank talulahbay
Dear talulahbay,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us. I hope during your short stay you were able to enjoy our location and facilities, maybe you can return for a longer stay next time :)

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back one day in the future

australia
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have recently stayed at the Wyndham Surfers Paradise with my Mom who was over from Canada and we stayed in a two bedroom unit on the 14th floor with ocean views. I have stayed at numerous locations at Surfers and this was by far the best. The staff were very welcoming and even apologised for the construction going on outside the complex. I was given a tour of the ammenities and then given the obligatory invite to a "presentation" with promise of a gift card. While I have been approached in this same manner before it was nice to see that the staff were not at all pushy and even the follow up phone call the next day was handled with class. The room was brilliant and was impossible to fault. The massive deck and the comfy beds were the standouts.
Overall I can see why this complex is so highly rated on Trip Advisor. Well worth it!
One more thing, Carol at the front desk was fantastic and was more than happy to help out any way she could.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bertuzzi
WYNSurfersParadise, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Bertuzzi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We particularly appreciate positive feedback about our staff as this is a great way for the staff member and the management team to realise that we are delivering on our Count On Me! service promise. It is very rewarding for the team when we share this feedback directly with them. I will be sure to thank Caroll when she is in next.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just spent a week here at Wyndham Surfers with my nine year old daughter. Stunning apartment - amazing views of the hinterland and the surf 'filtered through the high rise'. Really couldn't fault this two bedroom corner apartment. Lovely kitchen but not set up for lots of cooking - but I don't think many people come to Surfers Paradise to cook. Beautifully clean on arrival and no service for the week (have to pay extra for that) which I love as detest the intrusion when on holiday.
Obviously the roadworks are still going on which is noisy and inconvenient to everyone but we can't blame Wyndham for that. But apart from the roadworks whisper quiet in our unit.
Love it here and would be back in a heartbeat when I can afford it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DSLOZ
Dear DSLOZ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I'm so glad to read you enjoyed your apartment and would return. Hopefully it won't be too long until the roadworks are completed out the front, I hope you weren't affected too much by this.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The tour of the facilities at check in was a really lovely touch. The room was spacious and well equipped and the staff friendly and helpful.
We had a room on a low floor facing away from the beach, so didn't get any views, but as we didn't spend a lot of time hanging out at the room, that was ok.

Room Tip: We had 4 ladies staying in a one bedroom. Two singles in the room and a sofa bed in the lounge. Wo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank beckstar13
Dear Beckstar13

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor.

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your apartment and tour of the facilities, thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here for my daughters birthday. We checked in after a long day at the theme parks and all we wanted to do was go to our room. Although the lady at reception insisted on showing me around the hotel. I kept telling her I needed to go to the car as my littlies and husband were exhausted in the car it took about 30minutes to check in! We got to our room and thought it was lovely! Until, we walked into the 2nd bedroom (2 bed apartment)..the bed wasn't made. I opened the wardrobe to find a whole lot of what looked like dirty sheets in there. I also booked a porta cot which wasn't even put up the sheets for it just thrown on the lounge. I called reception and new sheets were brought up and just handed to me so I had to make the bed myself. (definately the last thing i eanted to do on holidays). We went to turn on TV and it was working...realised the remote was held together with duct tape. Opened the dishwasher and the smell was absolutely sickening! Very disappointed about the cleanliness of the apartment and seemed as though housekeeping weren't cleaning the rooms up to standard!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank DFSSS
Dear DFSSS,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate all feedback as it helps us know what area's need improvement.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the bed not being made when you checked. I have spoken to the Housekeeping Supervisor who was not aware of this but will be discussing with all staff and the managers. It seems this room was reported to reception as clean by the housekeepers before it was checked by the Supervisor.

Unfortunately we do not make up the porta cots as they cannot fit through the doorway should you wish to move it to a different room. We leave this unmade for your convenience of putting it where it best suits you.

There is no information on your Trip Advisor profile for me to work out what room you stayed in. I would like to follow up with the remote and dishwasher, if you would like to discuss this further we would love to hear from you. Our phone number is 07 5579 6500 or email surfers@wyn.com

Please accept my apologies again for the above, I hope aside from this you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back so we can show you what our true standard is.

Management