Booked a one bedroom apartment for the first time at Wyndham. It was good, just like what's been described by fellow contributors on Tripadvisor. There's lightrail construction right in front of the hotel (and many more places, actually) but not affecting my stay with the noise. If you arrive by car, just need time to get adjusted with the detours and closed roads, but it's not too troublesome. Took me just a day to get used to it. Cavill Avenue is within walking distance and don't forget to visit the night market along the beach (around Cavill Avenue) that opens every Wed, Fri and Sunday, 4-9pm.
Car spaces were plenty and secure for guests, and they're also complimentary. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Made you feel at ease, which I appreciated very much every time I stayed in a hotel.
I booked a one bedroom apartment and got one located on the 15th floor. The view was amazing. One thing that irked me was the lifts, sometimes took ages to reach our floor and when you're staying on the 15th floor, stairs was not really an attractive option unless you have to.
The inside of the apartment was modern and clean, with normal wear and tear from frequent use. I knew some reviews mentioned that theirs was not clean, but mine was spotless and everything just perfect.
Received a discount card for breakfast, made full use of it. The variety was not large but more than adequate for a good meal (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, hash brown, pastries, muffins, etc.) and the price was affordable compared to other hotels where they would charge you more than $20 per person.
There's a pool with sandy beach and a spa. My boys enjoyed going for a swim every single day that we stayed there. It would be helpful if extra towels were available for use on site as a complement instead of being charged. There was also a space for barbecue and seats for a meal and a chat.
Would I return ? Yes, definitely. It's a great place at affordable price. Keep up the good work!
PS : Another thing that bothered me was one morning on the weekend, I was sitting near the pool waiting for my children, trying to have a relax time but you couldn't because there were so many different "ushers" going in and out showing new guests around the hotel. Not sure whether they were staff of the hotel. Anything can be done about this?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise is ideally positioned to explore the brilliant attractions the Gold Coast has to offer.Built in 2009, the 17-storey hotel boasts a fresh, contemporary design. The deluxe, self-contained apartments have been stylishly appointed and offer magnificent views of the surrounding beaches and hinterland. All rooms include iPod docking stations and double glazed glass which assists with the sound and heat transfer for your convenience. Most rooms have Ocean or River and Hinterland views.The hotel has its own ground floor restaurant and cafe precinct and other facilities include an outdoor heated swimming pool and spa, BBQ and recreation deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia