The 8 days that we as a family stayed at this resort was very enjoyable but terribly soured in the last hour of our stay!
Being stuck in a lift is bad enough but to be trapped with a 14 month old toddler is terrible.
The Wyndham's staff had no idea of the situation,three different people communicated with us via the lift's emergency communications facility but each of them gave us different updates of what was happening to free us. When we were finally released by a very apologetic technician from the Lift company it was with great relief. The heat inside the lift was unbelievable. Luckily 35 minutes saw us all survive...including the young fella.
When we finally arrived at checkout, the staff were absolutely terrible. They showed no empathy towards us and only apologized when we asked why they hadn't! Granted,it was not their fault because of the lift breaking down,but a little compassion when people are under a bit of pressure doesn't hurt. After all it is the lasting impressions that count.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise is ideally positioned to explore the brilliant attractions the Gold Coast has to offer.Built in 2009, the 17-storey hotel boasts a fresh, contemporary design. The deluxe, self-contained apartments have been stylishly appointed and offer magnificent views of the surrounding beaches and hinterland. All rooms include iPod docking stations and double glazed glass which assists with the sound and heat transfer for your convenience. Most rooms have Ocean or River and Hinterland views.The hotel has its own ground floor restaurant and cafe precinct and other facilities include an outdoor heated swimming pool and spa, BBQ and recreation deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia