At first glance, Wyndham Surfers Paradise is modern, clean, comfortable and offs excellent value for money. The value for money part is true, but unfortunately we found many issues withour 8 night accommodation.
Firstly, the positives: a very modern and functional apartment. Excellent views of the ocean and hinterland. The cooking facilities were excellent but the equipment provided was very light on. The pool and spa area is great for kids, although the tiles around the pool are extremely slippery. The breakfast buffet is plentiful and offers a good variety of hot food in particular. The hotel staff were exceptional, especially Jan at Reception and Bradie who works tirelessly in the Restaurant area and is always smiling and accommodating. Great showers and a full sized bath with plush and plentiful towels etc.
Now, the negatives: the beds are amongst the worst I have ever encountered. As previous reviews have identified, they slope to one side and you feel like you are going to slide off. When we arrived we found a significantly blood-stained pillow case in the washing machine and a crumpled dirty sheet in a linen cupboard. The carpets and (very comfy) sofa are in need of a serious steam clean and the TV remote control was filthy. The DVD player was broken but was replaced with a new one as soon as we mentioned it. We ended up buying rinse aid for the dishwasher as it had none and the dishes we coming out quite streaky. We asked Reception for some but they sent Jo dish detergent instead. We also had to buy pillows for our two young children as the pillows are REALLY high and the hotel could not accommodate our request for more child- friendly pillows. On four of our eight nights, thumping music was clearly audible from an adjacent apartment, although Security acted on this when we complained. It is, however, a pity that we had to endure it in the first place as it was coming from the same apartment on three of the four occasions.
Expect the hard sell on the Worldmark ownership scheme which brings a lot of curious people into the building and to the breakfast buffet.
We enjoyed our stay overall, but will look elsewhere in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise is ideally positioned to explore the brilliant attractions the Gold Coast has to offer.Built in 2009, the 17-storey hotel boasts a fresh, contemporary design. The deluxe, self-contained apartments have been stylishly appointed and offer magnificent views of the surrounding beaches and hinterland. All rooms include iPod docking stations and double glazed glass which assists with the sound and heat transfer for your convenience. Most rooms have Ocean or River and Hinterland views.The hotel has its own ground floor restaurant and cafe precinct and other facilities include an outdoor heated swimming pool and spa, BBQ and recreation deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Wyndham Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia