Sleeping Inn Backpackers
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$138
US$153
Marriott Hotels
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$147
  • Beachfront
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$133
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$97
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$175
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$87
US$75
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$92
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$191
US$166
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdrinking gamespizza nightapartment stylegreyhound bus stopfemale dormmovie roombeer pongclub crawlpub crawlbig nightprivate bathroomfree wificommon areascleaned dailyliving areaenjoyed my stayreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I've been in this hostel for a long time, the structure is nice and characteristic, with a large pool near the reception, they also have a billiard room with tv and computers, very quiet and relaxed atmosphere. The place is quiet, being in a residential area, 5 minutes away by walk from the center and from all the night clubs.
Just 200 meters from the bus stop. I also found a very helpful staff, cleaning is daily, although they should get more efforts to keep the hostel a little bit clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

Me and my friend both female aged 21 & 23 both stayed at this hostel in a 8 dorm.

Firstly don't get excited about the limo! The windows are held up by celotape, the seats are ripped and the carpets destroyed more of an embarrassment then anything but better then walking!

They layout was great the 8 dorm was split to 2 rooms (4 in each) with a shared kitchen and bathroom!
Luckily the other 6 in our dorm where wicked and that was about the only thing that made it worth staying for!

Although they have a team to come and clean the dorm every morning it was still filthy and I wouldn't have walked anywhere without shoes on!
The beds where ramed into the rooms and was very cramped!
The floors where filthy! And so was the sofa!

The wifi wasn't working, which was very annoying partly because we booked for free wifi!

The hostel organise nights out which bring you to meet new people! Good idea but the clubs where not our scene there!

The beach is lovely and a 10 minute walk!

A lot of English people in the hostel which mad is feel at home

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

We booked in for 3 nights and luckily we needn't stay for longer. We had a Unit togehter with 18 others and there was just one shower which wasn't clean at all. We had only two toilets one was without tissue for the whole time we stayed there and both had no sope or towels. The kitchen in the Unit was equipped really poor and there haven't been any tea towels. So if your going to Surfers Paradise I wouldn't recommend to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012
SleepingInnResort, Manager at Sleeping Inn Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Hi,

Thank you for reviewing us :-) !
I am a little confused as we do not have 18 bed dorms here at Sleeping Inn??

Kind Regards
Sleeping Inn

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I booked a room for 3 nights and could not stay there. It was terrible since the begining when the lady showed us the room. It was very small, without a fan, looked very dirty and disgusting. They offer a room in an apartment, so you have to share with other people which is not bad but others did not respect at all. They came from partying to continue talking and laughing until 4am. Could not sleep at all. I did not feel safe because no one cares about keeping doors closed and everyone can go in without any control from management cause apartments are some meters away from reception. Next day I found a guy sleeping in the living room and he was not from that apartment. I complaint in reception and lady had to go there to ask the guy for leaving the place. What kind of place allows that? You can pay for 2 and stay 10 if you want, no one is going to realize how many people are in the room. The bathroom was disgusting, very old, the toilet was broken. It has been the worst backpacker ever. Fortunately, I had my money back. I was not able to spend one more night over there and never would come back again. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!. The only good thing is that staff is very nice but there is no value for the money even if it is a backpacker.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My friend and I booked this hostel pretty last minute, just before we left Brisbane but there was absolutely no problem. We rang them once we arrived at the Greyhound station and within 15 minutes a limo pulled up and the chick drove us straight to the hostel, and at reception we were told since we booked for three nights we could get a fourth night free! So of course we accepted.

Our room was AWESOME. We booked an 8 bed dorm and were expecting the standard eight beds in a room type thing. What we got was pretty much an apartment! Had our own kitchenette with everything we needed for cooking, living area with a working TV, our own balcony overlooking the pool, our own bathroom and two bedrooms with two sets of bunk beds in each, as well as wardrobes. The staff were really helpful and there are some really good offers for the local clubs and nights out available to the guests! Really had a great time here, made some good friends with my roommates too! We were surprised it was so cheap as it was definitely one of the nicest places we've stayed at. Awesome value for money! Also, the room was cleaned every morning without fail.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends