Sleeping Inn Backpackers
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$123
US$240
US$335
US$153
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$147
  • Beachfront
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$87
US$75
  • Restaurant
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$133
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$97
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$175
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$191
US$158
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$92
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdrinking gamespizza nightapartment stylegreyhound bus stopfemale dormmovie roombeer pongclub crawlpub crawlbig nightprivate bathroomfree wificommon areascleaned dailyliving areaenjoyed my stayreception area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I was intending to stay at Sleeping Inn Backpackers during my short stay through Gold Coast. However, I had some problems with flight booking and realized last minute that I had booked a day earlier than I was suppose to. I contacted them as soon as I could, which unfortunately fell within 24 hours of my arrival (but not by much). Well, when I landed in Gold Coast I got an email from the manager, Mirka, that she was going to charge me anyway and "sorry for the inconvenience." I've worked in the hospitality industry for many years, and typically we realize that stuff happens in travel and try to accommodate the traveler.

So ya, I get that I should have realized my mistake a few hours earlier, but in my opinion, I don't think anyone should stay at a place that prioritizes money over hospitality...especially when they are in the hospitality industry. There are other options out there, which is why I spent the rest of my time in Surfer's Paradise elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jordan C
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the sleeping inn. Large spacious apartments with the dorm rooms, great communal area with a fantastic selection of films, free WiFi, affordable food deals and free entry to a different club every night. The staff were extremely helpful and focused on ensuring you had a great stay. If you want to meet lovely people and enjoy a party atmosphere then this is the best place to stay. Thank you for a great stay guys.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Clean and tidy, I stayed in a 4bed dorm, in a bungalow for 8 people, with a kitchen and a bathroom inside. There is free internet, the beach is close, people are friendly, there are movies on all day.
The only thing is that the rooms is a bit too small.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly. It's great you can be picked up and dropped off at the bus station which is just a 5 minute walk from the backpackers.

The four bed apartments are a really good idea, ours was super clean, clean kitchen towel and sponge everyday, bins emptied, swept etc. Ensuite looked new and kitchen had everything you could need.

The Internet was free, but you had to get a wifi password every 24 hours, which we didn't realise until it was too late. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

There are lots of activities organised throughout the week, although we didn't join in. The backpackers empties at 9.30pm as people go out and people start coming back in after 1am.

I think it would be good to have soap in the bathrooms. Also avoid the rooms by the stairwells if possibly, it gets loud there as drunk people return home.

We aren't party people and are a little older than the target group so probably wouldn't stay there again, but if you are under 25 and like a good time this is the place for you!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Shocked on arrival - stayed in the run down apartments down the road and the room was filthy. Advertised sharing bathroom with one other room, but 4 rooms were using the very dirty, mouldy bathroom (When I questioned this I was told two of the rooms had ensuites, but I witnessed people from all rooms using the main bathroom). I felt like I couldn't touch anything. I feel upset that anyone would have to stay in a place in such a run down and unclean state. The other negative reviews reflect the place perfectly. I don't want to waste my time writing in any more detail. Do yourself a favour, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple