“JPT Tours day trip to Byron Bay with Byron Bay Eco Cruise”
Review of JPT Tour Group

US$112.69*
Brisbane City Tour and River Cruise from the Gold Coast
Ranked #23 of 43 Tours in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The highlight of my trip to Queensland was my Byron Bay Eco Cruise on Brusnwick River. I went on the trip on my own and did the cruise and kayaking option. We cruised for about an hour and a half and kayaked for about an hour. The skipper and kayaking instructor were both really knowledable and talked about the river ecology and local history. We saw some beautiful birds fishing and wading on the banks as we floated past. We were trated to some sweet and savoury snacks and a glass of wine as the afternoon drew to a close.

I fancied the kayaking trip, but there was also a cakes and coffee option in the morning for people who don't need the exercise. I was lucky enough to sample the left-over cakes on my trip. YUMMY!

I'd definitely recommend that anyone on a JPT Tours trip to Byron Bay take up the option of going on the cruise. It's a lovely way to see something unique to Byron Bay, and there's still plenty of time to shop and sit by the beach. I was on my own, and I found everyone really friendly.

There are newer reviews for JPT Tour Group

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Well it rained. But that was fine as we Victorians are used to that!!!! What made this a really memorable trip into the hinterland was Chris Montgomery. What a gem! The knowledge this man imparted on us was fabulous. My son (15) and my girlfirend and I had a great day out learning about the history of the area and what pioneers the O'Reilly family were. The treetop walk was great too and I was lucky enough to purchase a jumper at the Alpaca farm. We really did appreciate the friendliness of Chris, particularly when he advised us of a Bear Grylls trick with rain ponchos. I would recommend this to anyone, young or old.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I was in Brisbane for business and ended up having to stay over a weekend. I took this opportunity to see Brisbane so I booked myself a day tour with JPT on their Brisbane's best tour. I'm so glad I did because the day was full of wonderful sights and interesting stories about the city I would have never have seen/heard about If I explored the city myself. We also had a trip down the Brisbane river on a ferry and a ride on the wheel of Brisbane. Later in the day we went to Lone Pine koala sanctuary and also a stop at Mt Coot-tha! All of this in 1 day!! The value of this tour was simply outstanding!!

1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Good day out with variety and friendly bus driver.. Picked up on time at agreed location. Vehicle seating was cramped. If you have long legs pick a front seat as it can get very uncomfortable very quickly.
Just about the right amount of time at the stops.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daugher (13) and I attended a whole day tour with JPT Tours to Tamborine Mountain and O'Reilly's Rainforest Walk in the Lamington National Park. Our talkative bus driver was friendly and courteous. The first stop was the Alpaca Farm where we were able to have photographs taken with a young alpaca. There was a gift shop where I could buy woollen goods,, plus a snack bar downstairs and a lovely view from the back verandah of beautiful, mountain scenery.

Our next stop was The Gallery Walk on Tamborine Mountain, which is a main street crammed with restaurants and shops filled with arts and crafts, and Australian souvenirs. My only criticism is that we didn't have enough time there. I loved it so much.

Our third stop was O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat (luxury resort hotel) set on top of the mountain. We were able to feed beautiful parrots there (purple and scarlet) by purchasing bird seed from the nearby gift shop (excellent for presents for family back home).

The highlight of my day was the treetop walk. I loved walking along the suspension bridge, high above the rainforest and took heaps of pictures. I just wish someone had told me to wear shorts, not a dress. There is a ladder for you to climb up a hugh tree to reach an amazing viewing platform. My daughter climbed it and told me the view was fantastic. Unfortunately, as I had a dress on, I was unable to climb up to see for myself. We loved our day.

2  Thank Diane P