“Avoid jpt tours”

US$108.41*
Brisbane City Tour and River Cruise from the Gold Coast
Ranked #25 of 44 Tours in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 14 April 2013

"Jpt staff extremely rude" I was told at re-confirmation that my pick up time was 7:30, SORRY I confirmed that it was 7:30 and they said yes, so we waited in the foyer at 7:15, 15 MINUTES EARLY. When the bus had not arrived by 8am I called the number and the staff member was extremely rude and stated they would call me back when they spoke to the driver. I waited 20 mins which I counted on MY phone and I called back and unfortuantly got the same person who said excuse me you waited 10 mins not 20, they then proceeded to tell me that the driver was well on their way to the tour, and it was a 6:50 pick up, i asked "Where was my phone call to say the bus was there if it was waiting at that time, I left my phone number???they said "I don't know I obviously was not there" I asked how is it this my fault when i was told a certain time, I got cut off and they said "i thought you said you confirmed the time" in a very rude tone so i said sorry I CONFIRMED that time with the person. They said I might get on the next day and usually the trip is cancelled and no money back in a threatening way as in I'm lucky I'm going at all, I said "thank god it's tomorrow then" to which they replied "why because its raining today", are you kidding me??? This person was beyond rude and how dare they imply that I was trying to swap days, I don't care if it was raining my son was looking forward to going and we have every day booked with other trips up until we return home which we now have to cancel one to go on this tour so MY son is going to miss out on something else. Even after all that I asked to speak to management to put in a formal complaint and they said "I am management" I asked to speak with someone higher they said "their not here till Monday" I said that's fine I want someone to call me and again got a rude "yeah ok". I'm sorry but if this is who you are represented by and that is what you call professional service you are sadly mistaken and I will never book a tour with you again and warn others to triple check their times incase you are given the wrong information and have to deal with someone like that!

4  Thank Zeegs5
AForner, Director of Sales at JPT Tour Group, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

This matter is under investigation at management level. A reponse will be posted asap.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

We recently went on a tour to O'Reilly's tree top walk. The bus driver Chris was fantastic he was so informative about the local knowledge as well as being fluent in Japanese. He was the one who drove the bus and took us on our walk through the trees. It was very interesting and beautiful.
I would also like to say to travellers if you want to feed the bird please have your long sleeve tops ready as the birds love to flock to the food very quickly. Highly recommend this tour. Especially with Mr Encyclopaedia. (Chris)

1  Thank chookfamily
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The highlight of my trip to Queensland was my Byron Bay Eco Cruise on Brusnwick River. I went on the trip on my own and did the cruise and kayaking option. We cruised for about an hour and a half and kayaked for about an hour. The skipper and kayaking instructor were both really knowledable and talked about the river ecology and local history. We saw some beautiful birds fishing and wading on the banks as we floated past. We were trated to some sweet and savoury snacks and a glass of wine as the afternoon drew to a close.

I fancied the kayaking trip, but there was also a cakes and coffee option in the morning for people who don't need the exercise. I was lucky enough to sample the left-over cakes on my trip. YUMMY!

I'd definitely recommend that anyone on a JPT Tours trip to Byron Bay take up the option of going on the cruise. It's a lovely way to see something unique to Byron Bay, and there's still plenty of time to shop and sit by the beach. I was on my own, and I found everyone really friendly.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Well it rained. But that was fine as we Victorians are used to that!!!! What made this a really memorable trip into the hinterland was Chris Montgomery. What a gem! The knowledge this man imparted on us was fabulous. My son (15) and my girlfirend and I had a great day out learning about the history of the area and what pioneers the O'Reilly family were. The treetop walk was great too and I was lucky enough to purchase a jumper at the Alpaca farm. We really did appreciate the friendliness of Chris, particularly when he advised us of a Bear Grylls trick with rain ponchos. I would recommend this to anyone, young or old.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I was in Brisbane for business and ended up having to stay over a weekend. I took this opportunity to see Brisbane so I booked myself a day tour with JPT on their Brisbane's best tour. I'm so glad I did because the day was full of wonderful sights and interesting stories about the city I would have never have seen/heard about If I explored the city myself. We also had a trip down the Brisbane river on a ferry and a ride on the wheel of Brisbane. Later in the day we went to Lone Pine koala sanctuary and also a stop at Mt Coot-tha! All of this in 1 day!! The value of this tour was simply outstanding!!

1  Thank Lisa J