“Pleasant breakfast spot”

Montmartre by the Sea
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Good service, excellent food, great spot for coffee...very relaxing on the Esplanade at Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I'm in two minds about this place. Due to all my travelling I am getting to a point where poor customer service makes me want to explode!

What is so wrong about training your staff to smile and greet customers with a 'hello' AND for them to know enough about the everyday standard menu that they don't have to go to ask someone?

Montmartre used to be friendly.

Plates would be cleared once a meal was finished - not left on the table until the customer left.

Maybe it's become a victim of too many places to eat on the Gold Coast but excellent customer service will win out every time and set you above the others.

I really liked the granola and fresh fruit. Delicious. Coffee was good too.

I don't think I will go back on my next visit to the GC though as I am sure I can get good granola and fresh fruit at a place that also has good customer service.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This cafe has a good corner location on the Surfers Paradise seafront and for the outside patrons that can be a curse and a blessing; the view is great but the heavy vehicles and cars at the traffic lights can be a real annoyance.

The food and coffee is tasty and served promptly by a team of pleasant waitresses and even though the cutlery is self-service the whole experience is reasonable value for money.

I can recommend Montmartre to anybody looking for a good start to their morning in Surfers Paradise and as the number of local clientele attests the cafe must maintain a continuous quality.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have eaten here a few times before on trips to the Gold Coast and cycled from our apartment on the Broadwater to Surfers, especially to eat here as it had always been rather good. But this time we found it disappointing.
The staff did warn is it would be a 40 minute wait for food, prior to ordering. However, the service was somewhat chaotic and when the food came it was over cooked. I order poached eggs for my breakfast and they came out hard all the way through. In the past food has been good here, this appears to no longer be the case.
Management appears to be happy to let the reputation of their establishment to be at the mercy of the back packers they employ on any given day.
We won't be making any special bike trips in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Travelling with a Coeliac makes you appreciate finding places where it isn't a problem to get gluten-free options. Here she could have many choices but went for the CBLAT..a tasty & large meal of Chicken, bacon, lettuce, avocado & tomato in a GF toasted sandwich, with fries...looked & apparently tasted amazing. It made my Caesar salad look sad & inadequate.