Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Surfers Paradise

from US$20.33
from US$93.98
from US$144.98
1,822 results
All reviews interactive displays laser room tallest man shrunken heads interesting things laser challenge wonderful things on display interesting place couple of hours rainy day all ages great place to visit whole family few hours great for kids take your time
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I visited Ripleys as a 23 year old adult with my partner on our mid week getaway. I had been to Ripleys a few years ago but couldn't remember a lot about it... that was until I got inside.

There are many weird and wonderful things to see! And I believe the interactive features are a new thing (since I went last), to make it more exciting for the young and the old. But... I will warn that some of the rooms/ exhibits could be scary to young kids (I was even feeling queezy after seeing the shrunken heads and skeletons/ bones).

I liked the tunnel but my partner felt sick after walking through it, so beware if you get dizzy easy, or don't like feeling uneasy or unsteady on your feet.

Allow at least 1.5 hours to read everything.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I wouldn't recommend it to my friends. Not with young children. Our kids are aged 2,4,7 &8. They were too young to care about the history of this place. For 3kids, 2 adults it cost $75! We were there prob half hour. Some interesting things but scary for young kids. No stroller access we had to carry it downstairs, bit annoying. Worlds tallest man was best part.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

quite enjoyed our time here. had some really weird stuff that we spent ages reading and looking at them. great place to kill time, and it seems to go really fast! wish there was a few more interactive things to do, but overall it was good.

Date of experience: December 2012
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Really enjoyed it here and you can easily spend hours looking and reading about all of the interesting Believe it Or Nots. I enjoyed taking heaps of photos with the different characters such as the worlds tallest man. If you were a fan of the show you will definitely love this place!

Date of experience: December 2012
Ripley's A, Manager at Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you so much for visiting and for sharing such a nice review. We think that some of the exhibits are pretty cool too, but it is always nice to know that our guests think so too! Glad you enjoyed taking photos of our exhibits! Thank you so much and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Aside from just a few interesting things the exhibits are pathetic, cheap imitation knock offs, which would be ok if not for the cost of admission which was exorbitant. Kids quite enjoyed it but sensitive Miss 5 found it too freaky and left early with Mum, no warning when we came in and certainly no offer to partially refund. Had to carry the wheelchair down quite a long set of stairs too.

Date of experience: November 2013

Thank you so much for visiting and for sharing your review. The Surfers Paradise Odditorium is one of thirty-two Believe It or Not! attractions around the world founded by the world class American explorer and collector known as Robert Ripley. He travelled to more than 200 countries to find the bizarre, the odd and the strange. We also have a dedicated team whose job is to find ‘NEW’ authenticated exhibits. The Surfers Paradise Odditorium contains more than 350 individual genuine artefacts from around the globe –some more than 300 years old.

We believe our ticket price is comparable, even cheaper than most other attractions in Surfers Paradise. As our Odditorium is a self-guided experience, the time it takes varies greatly. Ripley’s itself contains 15 individually themed galleries, interactives, games etc and we have had instances whereby dedicated Ripley fans stay inside for more than 3 hours, yet at the same time we have had people on a schedule that get through in only 30-40 mins. The experience itself is not much more than you would pay for a movie ticket.

Ripley’s is designed to be a family attraction with a variety of exhibits and interactive geared towards a variety of ages. We do feature a medieval room, but also a kid’s crawl, laser room experience, dance room and even a farting couch! The experience isn’t designed to scare, however a lot of our galleries are very realistic in theming (We ask all staff to warn of this). Generally we find it depends on the child. I personally have had a 2 year old that loved it and said her favourite part was the shrunken heads; then again we’ve had a 13 year old boy unable to get past the band at reception. Ultimately it is the parent’s decision.

We always give full refunds for less than 20 minutes and will give partial refunds for some circumstance and even offer pass outs if the parents want to come back later. However we will not give anything to those who have been inside for more than 40 minutes, which we feel a reasonable time to experience the attraction. We also have a lift access for all wheelchairs, which staff will give the option on using when customers purchase tickets. It is actually the law to have this option for wheelchairs. We apologize that the experience was not what you had expected. Thanks again for visiting and giving your constructive review!