“Out of this World”

and up
Gold Coast Lamington National Park and Tamborine Mountain 4WD Eco Tour
Ranked #7 of 42 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Southern Cross 4WD offers a range of 4WD Eco-Tours and customized packages throughout the Gold Coast Hinterland and surrounds. From Guided nature walks, animal spotting and bird feeding to off-road driving, wine tours, conferences and overnight camping, every tour is a unique experience and is catered around what YOU want to do! A day with SC4WD as a real experience not just another bus tour.Over 16 years of Hinterland Tour experience
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Glasgow, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Out of this World”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I don't know what I was expecting from this 4wd tour but it wasn't what I got - it was a thoroughly enjoyable day. We were picked up early and driven out towards the Gold Coast hinterland.

Our driver, Royd, was brilliant. We got to see beautiful views and he taught us lots of interesting things. He had a great sense of humour too.

We stopped off a couple of times, firstly for tea and warm scones which were delicious. And then in a little town for wine tasting and shopping.

We were taken on a tour of the forest and down to the waterfall at Mount Tamborine.

Lunch was brilliant and we were shown and had a go at throwing a boomerang.

Finally we were dropped off at O'Reillys where he took us for a walk into the rainforest and scared the living day lights out of me - all in good fun!

A brilliant day!

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“spendid experience & knowledgable tour guide”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We went on the night glowworm tour. Darren was our guide and he was fantastic, showing us so much about the night rainforest (a short forest walk after a light supper, not too demanding)! He is humorous and knowledgable, really made our tour engaging and fun!

let the guide know earlier if you get motion sickness easily though, probably arranging to sit in front might help. the road up the mountain may be a bit bumpy(free roller coaster :P)

Definitely suitable for tourist of all age groups!

Visited December 2013
Runaway Bay, Australia
“" Totally Amazing "”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

What can I say, " Totally Amazing ". This tour was nothing short of " Awesome " from start to finish. What an adventure. My brother Andy, Sharon and friends were visiting from England and I wanted to show them that we are not all about the beaches.

Royd you still bring a smile to my face when I think of all you did for us that day from your fountain of knowledge when it came to the rain forest walks, plants, trees, wildlife not to mention a few little incidents along the way, which reminds me , " You Owe Me A Pair Of Sunnies " ( only joking ) a coffee will do.

My family and friends enjoyed everything about this tour from the 4WDriving to the rain forest walks, wine tasting, boomerang throwing to the exceptional BBQ that you cooked for us, again amazing, a man of many talents ( your'e a keeper ) We are all still talking about our amazing tour and it will be highly recommended by us to anyone we talk to.

Thank you Royd for a very memorable experience, one my family will be taking back to England and thank you to all the team of Southern Cross. Our rating 10 - 10

Kind Regards,

Julie Dinte

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun filled day with an awesome tour guide!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Royd, royd, royd... what can I say? You've made my day from the time u picked us till the very end of the tour. Royd is a very knowledgeable tour guide with quirky sense of humour. Providing information and facts about plants, animals, places, u name it, he would be able to answer you. Sharp eyes... my family was very lucky to see 2 kinds of wild wallabies, kangaroos, and koala! Much more satisfying than going to currumbin to hug one! Thank u Royd for such a lovely tour.

Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience!!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My Family of 8 went for a 1 day private tour. We had an amazing day experiencing an off-road drive up to the Mt, saw some wildlife animals and nice scenery. Chris our guide for the day is knowledgeable and funny. He told us a lot about the area and the history as well. We will definitely be back for more of the off road experience... Thanks Chris and team from Southern Cross 4WD Tours for making our holiday a memorable one.

Visited November 2013