We arrived at approximately 2.10pm on the Sunday (5/1/2014). Reception was not open!!! The phone just before the gate was very hard to get working and when it did we had to leave a message for management to find out how do we get in. Guess what: there was no answer: 3 times we tried. We were fortunate that the old manager was driving out of the garage and saw we were standing there like idiots. The key was in the little locked box. We would have still been standing there if she didn't come along.
We walked up the stairs excited of course only to be greeted by a disgusting smell when we opened the door. My heart sank! We paid for a deluxe apartment which we got but it was a disgrace. Vertical blinds were missing, the floors/carpets were filthy, kitchen cupboards smelt when you opened them. The balcony was dirty and on the little table was an astray; which was home to 10 cigarette butts. The shower in the main bedroom had mould growing so I decided to wear thongs in the shower. The tracks for the windows were caked in dirt & grime, there were holes in the walls which were also severely marked by dirty grubby hands. To top it of the couch smelt and looked yukky and when you lifted the cushions up, there was food underneath mixed with lots of dirt.
The family decided to go for a swim. The pool looked inviting but as you walked toward the area it was a filthy mess. The garbage bin was over flowing with rubbish, a pair of shoes were left behind, cigarette butts on the ground, alcohol bottles and the smell of stale alcohol was putrid. We decided to cook breakfast before we went to Wet 'n' Wild, on the Monday morning only to find the frypan was still dirty and there was no egg lifter. Also one of the hotplates was not working when we tried to hurry things along.
The advertisement of this holiday apartment for me was misleading. I wasn't expecting the world and to have champagne waiting however I was expecting to start our small holiday with a good, clean well maintained apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfers Riverside, the name says it all! Located on the Nerang river, Surfers Riverside is situated just 5mins walk from the heart of Surfers Paradise, and just 7mins from one of Queensland's best beaches. What's even better is that while it's so close to all the action, Surfers Riverside is located in a quiet family friendly area.Surfers Riverside is a 3½ star complex, perfect for you and the whole family. It features a heated pool, outdoor BBQ and a private jetty for fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Riverside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia