Our family of four stayed here in a two bedroom apartment for 5 nights over Easter and school holidays. We have very mixed feelings about our stay. For the price I wasn't expecting flash but clean and nice.
Location is great, a very short walk to Cavill Ave, shops and restaurants, supermarket.
Size of the apartment is also good, plenty of room, we had two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge, dining and large kitchen.
Reception was not open at all over the weekend, they sent us an email the day we departed New Zealand to let us know this and how to get in, access the locked box for our room key. If I hadnt checked our emails for that one last time before leaving home for the airport we would never have received this and therefore not been able to get in. I booked in February so feel they could have sent the email sooner than the day before.
We paid for a deluxe apartment, and do not believe we received this.
First impressions were not good, the floor in the kitchen was filfthy, pots in the cupboard still had food stuck on them, the top of the dishwasher was still full of dirtly glasses and coffee mugs. Broken glasses in the cupboard. the couch needs replacing as it has broken springs, full of dirt under the cushions. the dryer did not work. The screen door we could not open, but luckily my husband was able to fix this. therefore we were not happy that we had to wait 3 days for the office to open to address some of the issues, which when I did bring them up with the lady at reception, she really didn't have much to say so therefore I do not feel she took anything seriously.
So would I recommend these apartments and stay here again, maybe, they are a good price and in a good location, maybe if you ask for the apartment numbers some others mention you will be ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfers Riverside, the name says it all! Located on the Nerang river, Surfers Riverside is situated just 5mins walk from the heart of Surfers Paradise, and just 7mins from one of Queensland's best beaches. What's even better is that while it's so close to all the action, Surfers Riverside is located in a quiet family friendly area.Surfers Riverside is a 3½ star complex, perfect for you and the whole family. It features a heated pool, outdoor BBQ and a private jetty for fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Surfers Riverside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Riverside Apartments Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia