“Horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Raffles Royale
Cessnock, Australia
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I tried to cancel my accommodation and was laughed at and told they would not cancel it, even though I was told I could when I booked. Very bad experience and would not recommend to anyone. Even though it seems great value, I would spend the money elsewhere. Very rude staff and very uncooperative

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ca55ie90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Do not book this hotel This hotel is directly next door to the temporary construction depot. All night there where trucks and workers arriving at the depot noise all night reversing squawkers and trucks being loaded we didnt get a full nights sleep while we where there.As for the complex although the room was clean there is a cronic lack of maintinance the outside area is dirty the only thing that seems to get done is watering the plants.I belive that room 10 should not be let at all untill the construction work is finished and if the managers had any morals they woulnt let it out our long awaited holiday was ruined because although they said there was some noise from next door they didnt tell us it was almost in our bedroom and relentless

Room Tip: Dont accept room 10
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise H

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We were going to stay are Raffles Royale during our trip there only to realise their reception counter closes a 5pm. It was extremely frustrating and tiring to speak to the staff over the phone with the traffic at the background and when the line kept cutting off.

If not for getting an aussie prepaid card it'd have been impossible for them to properly contact us. We waited 1 hour and even when they got us to open the safe with the keys it wasn't our keys and there was a whole comotion that Agoda had messed up our booking.

We were extremely glad and satisfied with their service recovery nonetheless as their manager had paid for our stay at another hotel and asked us to come back the next day to get a refund. So technically our stay was complimentary. I feel their service is most definitely impeccable.

Even when I've had left my laptop there in the midst of such chaos they'd nicely kept it for me. Though I can't say much about the rooms, I feel this hotel deserves such commendation.

** it is slightly tough to get to the hotel by car due to the construction around the area and we had to loop many rounds as some roads didn't allow right/left turns. There's nothing much we can do about that, my advice is: use a GPS but read the map properly and try to turn at the next junction instead of the one the GPS says as you may not be able to turn the opposite direction after that.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Esther T
Reggio Emilia, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed in this horrible hotel during my last holiday in Australia. The room was dirty and really stinking. But the worst thing was the rudity of the manager. She was OFFENSIVE. She OFFENDED me, my country and my family. This is Australia!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank DdavidDC
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

First of al, i dont understand the bad comments about this place. Stayed here for 5 nights before going to Syd and had a lovely time.
The management/reception was ever so helpful when the washing machine in our flat wasnt working (not to anyones fault, technology does occasionally break down) and went to look for other empty flats so our washing could be done.
People these are self contained flats, it doesnt take 5 minites to get to Coles for some toilet paper.there are washing machines in the units, if you want cleAn or just some fresh washed linnen or towels, you have the mashine right at your availability.

The things I read about dirty, i must say here and there I agree, but only because i see other guests just throw their sigarette buds where they stand, same for bottles and cans, they just get left behind on the floor or on tables. And face it, staff cant run after everyone for every little piece of rubbish that gets thrown around.

Lady at reception was friendly and helpful showing us directions, giving us advice on transport, things to do and places to go.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return here when visiting GC again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room om the first floor, easy acces to pool and bbq equipment, but also large terrace.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sfinoulst
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at the raffles royale in june 2013 ,its a bit rundown old units .but for the money ok ,other places in surfers at the same rate much better value,the staff were ok and healpfull, only 5 mins walk to central surfers and supermarkets

Room Tip: check units before booking
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aussie gray
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Place was filthy. No clean dishes. Shower door broken. Cleaners coming into room before checkout time. Manager was very rude, organised late checkout but had calls to the room at 9.30am telling us to leave. Had payed in full before arriving and our room had been taken. Had to wait around untill they had sorted it.

• Stayed September 2013