“Great value, excellent location, highly recommended”

Costa D'Ora Apartments
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Costa D'Ora apartments are wonderful value for money. I couldn't say "no" when the deal on offer was $300 less for a 10 night stay than anywhere else we could find. I have to say that I approached the front door with trepidation - worrying that "you get what you pay for". I'm relieved to say that it was excellent value for money and light and airy.

I don't want to lead potential guests astray. The apartment was compact and the decor not super modern. However the owners have done a lot to make our stay comfortable. There was a new-style couch, Foxtel TV on a flat screen, the kitchen was well stocked with modern cutlery, plates, pots/pans etc and nice new bedside lights. Whenever we needed something such as grater or vege peeler there was one in the drawer. It's nice when holidaying with kids to have a washer and dryer in the room and they both worked well. We didn't really need the aircon, but it worked just fine the one time we turned it on.

One nice touch on our street facing apartment was the mature garden, which meant we were looking out on greenery on both sides. There is a vacant lot to one side, but we couldn't see it.

When I first saw the pool I did think: "yikes that's small". But it was deep and we used it quite a few times and enjoyed ourselves. The pool/bbq area was really well designed and relaxing. It was nice to eat down there because there was plenty of room to spread out.

The Costa D'ora is literally a few minutes walk to a patrolled beach. It is less than five minutes walk to the nearest 24-hour store and about 10 minutes from the centre of Surfer's Paradise.

Bus stops on the Gold Coast Highway (direct to the Coolangatta Airport and theme parks) are about three minutes walk away.

Our last apartment in Surfer's Paradise looked okay, but smelled bad. I can report that everything at the Costa D'ora was spotlessly clean and it passed the smell test from my children who have very sensitive noses. Well done to management and cleaners.

As other reviewers have said, this is a gem.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The apartment is a piece of gem in bustling Surfers Paradise! A street away from Q1 and few steps from the beach, spacious and clean self-contained apartment, plus, it is the cheapest so far in the area - what more can you ask for? Found the apartment through Booking.Com and at $472 for 7 nights, this was truly more than what we bargained for. Everything was perfect, the apartment, location, staff! The bed is super comfy, amenities complete, they have Fox satellite, balcony facing the Q1 tower. We cooked throughout our stay, laundered our clothes which really saved us from packing extra stuff to wear! They have a small pool and barbecue area, free parking and they can arrange Gold Coast tour as well. Best apartment/ budget accommodation ever booked in Australia. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chic_chef81
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed at a few other places in Surfers Paradise before I found this little gem and I'm really pleased we did! The apartment we rented was spotless, had everything you need (kitchen stuff, washing maching etc etc) and is only a minute away from the beach! It's also quite secure as you need a key to get into the block. If I were ever in surfers again i'd stay here in a flash!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed in here for one week originally and then chose an additional week due to this hotel. This hotel has everything, it's fully furnished with everything needed to live here full time, if need be. It's cheaper than all hotels nearby (when bought in weeks), is really well located and clean throughout, The staff are always super helpful and was a big help to me getting around Gold Coast. Wifi is expensive compared to other places. I wouldn't have stayed in Surfer's Paradise for the second week with out Costa, we just found it so homely and cosy.

Room Tip: There is no lift so preferably towards the bottom, but the bottom on the left side has some rooms yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marcy_Futura
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with the helpful receptionist especially as we arrived after our approx arrival time we had suggested due to flight and traffic delays. She was very willing to give us some tips and handed us a street map with the main shops and nightlife. We were only staying for two nights and the apartment was perfectly situated for our needs.
It was close enough to general supplies and the attractions however in a quiet street so we were able to have a good night sleep in a safe environment.
Pros - air con, roomy enough for two people, close to attractions, safe and secure parking and helpful staff.
Cons - out dated, stairwell to apartments quite dirty.

Overall nice place. My partner and I recommend it ! Great value for money too!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Brittany S
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Very affordable, extremely comfortable and clean, great location close to shops and beach, secure, friendly and helpful, secure garage parking, fully appointed apartment with quiet aircon, bar fridge, microwave, washing machine and dryer, all looked new and clean. Stairs lead to 3 levels (no lift), pool very small, great location, great price. Very happy, recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stay for 5 days in 1BR apartment with 2 adults & 1kid. Very good location, very convenient with walking distance to cavil mall, beach and mini mart shops to get some gocessories to cook light meals in the apartment. As the apartment provide the basic kitchenett including washing machine & dryer. The underground car park is very secure with proper allocate parking slot for me. And lastly the staff, Ms Linda is very helpful. It is small apartment but very comfortable. I sure to go back if I am in holiday next year.

Room Tip: It is 3 storey apartments without lift.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family