“Absolutely the best hotel/apartments in Surfers”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights on the 28th September.

You can not beat the location of the Hilton Surferes Paradise.Every time i had to explain where things were from the hotel it was always like just around the corner, no more than a 5minute walk.
And that's honestly not bragging. I would walk out the door of the hotel & have everything there right in front of me.

The service here was unbeatable especially the concierge, reception & security staff that were always willing to help with bags open doors & give us information.

The apartments are beautiful and have that real home feeling, compared to most apartments like meriton which feel cold & just dull. The apartments are obviously new but the furnishings are top notch & the beds well they are the standard hilton beds and are to die for if you have ever stayed at a hilton.

This has to be one of the best hiltons I have stayed at, but i do admit i absolutely love the hilton brand.

For the price its highly worth it, and its good to get in with the advance purchase rate for school holidays we paid $310 in school holidays for a 2 bedroom deluxe ocean view apartment & on one night with had a 3 bedroom apartment.

The views in all rooms were amazing the 3 bedroom even better as we were higher up. You have views to your left right and front in an Ocean View room.

I would like to say a big thank you to Hilton for your services & having us. I can't wait to stay here again !

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View room it's worth it !
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank venessasee
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Vanessasee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

It is great to hear that your time spent at the Hilton was so enjoyable and that you found all the facilities to your liking and in line with the Hilton brand and standard. We aim to provide the highest levels of service and comfort and value to all our guests and it is pleasing to note that you felt at home in our apartments.

We are very proud to be able to offer the service and style of the Hilton in such an iconic location and I am delighted to hear that you found the ease of the location enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel

Reviewed 11 October 2011

My 6 year old son and I just came back from the most amazing 1 night stay in this shiny new hotel.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel super special and we were given our room right away at 8:00am!!! We were also given a late checkout the next day of 2:00pm without even asking for one – AWESOME.

We stayed in a standard room with 2 single beds overlooking the pool and it was simply lovely – which brings me to the pool….. What an AMAZING pool area this property has.

I would love to have the opportunity to stay here again for more that just 1 night and would recommend a stay here to everyone. The staff was helpful and kind – especially to my son who LOVED the concierge boys and they always had plenty of time for him.

All in all a great stay and I am sure that this property will only get better once all the kinks are ironed out.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear Jamelaid,

It is fantastic to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that your son also enjoyed the experience.

We aim to provide the highest levels of service and comfort for all our guest, regardless of age and I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations and you found the pool area to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you and your son back to the Hilton Surfers Paradise when you are next on the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed for two very short nights in a 2 bedroom residence. Have stayed at most Hiltons around Aust and this is the standout best. As we drove up to the front door I loved the doorman dressed in smart casual in their straw hats and sunglasses. Made me instantly feel like we were on holidays.
Only problem was the room was not ready at 3pm (check-in time) and we had to wait until 4:15pm. They did give us a free glass of wine (when prompted) and gave us a free late check out to 4pm - that was all good.
Room was lovely and spacious. Kitchen facilities were ideal.
Aside from the room the other standouts were the Food Store (coffee shop, cheese and wine) and the pool deck. The Food Store had some really high quality products and the staff werer very helpful. The pool deck is the best I have seen anywhere. Again the staff dressed in staw hats and sunglasses were great. Lovely chairs and pools. Would need deep pockets to have a long drinking session - so go easy and enjoy.
Cant wait to go back for a 5 to 7 day break.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Feelingxxlucky,

I am delighted to hear that your first impressions of the new Hilton put you into holiday mode ahead of checking in. We extend our apologies for not having your room ready on this occasion. It is great to hear that the room and the facilities were to your liking and that you enjoyed the Food Store and your time at the Pool deck was enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the facilities on offer.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Checked in for an over night stay using Hilton Honors points.
Was greeted finally by a young lady who first said sorry about the wait as they were busy, looking as if she was on her way to Ballet class (large blue cloth around her head) then 2 more staff members appeared looking the same, worked out it was part of the uniform not a good look at all. Was asked if we were going to be doing any washing as the washing machine was not working in the room allocated (HELLO we were only staying over night) and we live in Brisbane.... when we got to the room which was pleasant, it had a terrible smell of fish rang to explain about the smell,waited over 30min no one came so went down to the front desk,once again told sorry for the inconvenience and wait, was moved to a sea view room very nice, after 30 mins rang for our bags to be told they were busy and they would be with us shortly, which they were
.This was not the service we have had at other Hilton hotels, it just did not seem to have enough staff working the weekend we stayed. It has not put us of staying at the Hilton hotels just will not stay at this one again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sherlock378,

We take pride in offering a high level of accommodation, facilities and personal service at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the appearance of the staff at the front desk. We explored many options for uniforms and found that these captured the style of the Hilton Surfers Paradise.

All guest feedback is appreciated and wherever possible, changes are made to our hotel operations.

I sincerely hope we will be given the opportunity of welcoming you back to one of our hotels in the future, where we are able to extend to you the high level of service we strive to offer all of our guests.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment in July 2011. We have two children aged 17 and 13. The apartment was large, beautiful and the views absolutely stunning. The bes were so comfy, I even took done the name of them to try to source one for myself. Its in a great location, right in the centre of Surfers, so you can walk to anywhere. I am a Travel Agent and have stayed in many many hotels and apartments and this is right up there with the best of them.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear FORBESFIELD,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable time during your stay and you found the accommodation suitable for you and your children. We are excited about being able to offer the service and style of the Hilton in the heart of Surfers Paradise. I am glad that you found the beds comfortable and the location enjoyable..

Reviewed 8 October 2011

3 night stay in Hilton relaxation room with club access. The room was fresh and very clean. Top notch bed and bedding.Slept very well. Some of the other furniture suffered from a mild case of style ruling over function. Found the the back rests on the lounge chairs and the desk chair just too low. See what you think! . The bathroom was spacious with good toiletries provided. A rain shower would have been nice.
Mid level wines and food were provided in the club. The service in the club was very good.
Had breakfast at the Salt Grill,a Luke Mangan restaurant. Excellent food and superb service. Can't wait to return and try other meals there.
Valet parking was a breeze and all the concierge staff were very helpful. Secuirty is well taken care of. Orchid Avenue and the surrounds are a bit of a zoo late at night so it was nice to be ensconced within the Hilton.
Loved the no fuss lobby lined with gourmet food outlets.
Overall a wonderful stay and plan to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear AccidentalTourist000

It is pleasing to note that you found the facilities on offer to your liking and you felt safe and relaxed at the hotel.

We look forward to Welcoming you back to enjoy the restaurant and food outlets on offer and the service at the Hilton.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We traveled for our family holidays to Hilton Surfers Paradise. This hotel has two parts - a hotel section and the residences (serviced apartments with all the amenities of the hotel). We stayed at the Two Bedroom Ocean Deluxe room, which was spacious and included two bathrooms and a kitchenette. It also had a European style laundry, which was great for us being a young family. I would recommend all families to stay at the residences as opposed to the hotel rooms. We had access to the same pools (massive outdoor pools and a small indoor pool), fitness centre, business centre and of course, the brilliant Salt Grill restaurant (by the celebrity chef Luke Mangan).

The room was brand new, and very clean. We had a balcony with a great view of the ocean and the surrounding parts of Surfers Paradise. The main bedroom had a King sized bed and a walk-in wardrobe, and the second bedroom had a Queen sized bed and a built-in wardrobe.

The bathrooms were neat, but the placement of the doors in both were problematic. You can easily hurt your toes badly if you happened to be using the toilet and someone opened the door.

The kitchenette had a sink, microwave/grill, dishwasher and a good sized fridge with mini-bar items occupying one of the shelves. Along with the washing machine and a separate dryer in the European style laundry, this was a very functional set-up.

The living room had an LCD screen connected to cable TV and a DVD player. The main bedroom also had an LCD TV.

One thing we found to be frustrating was the level of service provided in response to some requests. For example, when we ordered room service dinner, it took nearly two hours to arrive. I had to call on three occasions to try and find out what was taking so long. Each time I seemed to get a sullen voice on the line, who told me that the food will be coming when it's ready (thus offering me no useful information). No attempt was made to make up for this delay, and when the food did get to our room it was missing two of the items we ordered. So I had to call again for them. Other five star properties we stayed, notably the Four Seasons, would have made every attempt to rectify this situation.

Also at the pool the service was also deficient. I had to walk up to the bar itself to try and order some food and drinks, after waiting for a long time for the waiter to come up to us. Also we had to bring the pool towels ourselves from our room, and afterwards bring them back. There was a sign that threatened us with extra charges being applied if we failed to bring back the pool towels. To me this clearly isn't the level of service expected of a five-star hotel. Other five star properties we had stayed had poolside towels or had them brought to us by the pool attendants.

We really enjoyed having breakfast and coffee at The Food Store, which has a great little cafe. It has a kids' play area with several baskets full of toys, which our little girl loved. The coffee was top notch, and the food was great, too (and clearly designed or inspired by Luke Mangan). For alternatives you can simply step outside and there would be a number of other cafe's and restaurants within a five minute walking distance.

The Salt Grill is on level one, and we really enjoyed having our dinner there. Our little girl had her own kids' menu, which had colouring in pages. The staff were very helpful, and they even volunteered to sharpen the colouring pencils for our daughter! Food was fantastic, and I would highly recommend anyone visiting Surfers Paradise to eat there at least once.

Overall we would absolutely choose to stay here again if we return to the Gold Coast. It would be hard to beat the size, comfort and functionality of the two bedroom residences, and once the teething problems are fixed (and the service levels improved) the hotel may be able to achieve a true five star status in my mind.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less noise coming up from the street level - especially on weekend nights!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Gracie_Family
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Gracie_Family,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such valuable and extensive feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that your stay in the 2 bedroom residence was to your liking and that you found the apartment facilities family friendly and convenient and functional.

We always aim to provide the highest levels of service to customers and I am disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I have looked in to this matter with the room service and kitchen teams and the service teams at the pool area and I apologise for the delay in accommodating your room service order and service you received at the pool. We always aim to find areas of improvement to our operations and this instance has been noted and investigated to ensure it does not happen again. I again extend on behalf of all teams an apology for the level of service you received.

I am delighted to hear that you would again stay with us, and that you found the food and beverage outlets so enjoyable and appreciated the ease of access to Surfers Paradise a positive. We sincerely hope that should you visit the Gold Coast again we can show you the true Hilton luxury experience.