Booked direct via Hotel website and got an advance non refundable rate of $220 per night over Fri and Sat nights, which was pretty good when comparing to other 'discount' web sites. I live in Brisbane and it was our wedding anniversary so we decided to venture to Surfers for a couple of nights. My wife and I are both experienced travelers for work and pleasure. Hotel is in a great location in Orchid Ave, which is the night club centre, just off Cavil Ave Mall. We are too 'old' (30's) for the club scene, but a great central spot. On check in, the reception were very quick and friendly, with a concerted effort to look me in the eye, smile and welcome me. We were on the 4th floor looking out over the pool. The rooms are excellent with a very modern and up to date design. It had discrete and separate dressing/wardrobe area, separate sitting room with desk and large bathroom with floor to wall windows (remember to close the blind!). IPOD dock and wall mounted TV/DVD finished things off. The room design it something others should look at as it worked so well. We had booking for dinner in Teddar Ave (Main beach) but after looking at the bars/restaurants etc decided to eat in. The food is excellent and a cut above most. The service, something that can make a break a stay, was excellent. I can honestly say that everyone I encounter were friendly, helpful and efficient. My wife had a day spa treatment and is still raving about it.
Now, the only thing I can fault, and I am splitting hairs, is that there are signs around saying that credit cards are subject to a 1.5% surcharge. Now I know this is the merchant fee and comes at a cost to the hotel, but for a 5 Star Hotel, this comes across as 'penny pinching' and not in keeping with a hotel of this standard. I have no issue in paying for this cost, so they should just add 1.5% to the base costs and include in the rate. I mean, how many people pay cash for hotel accom. anyway? As I said, not a huge issue but appeared odd for this class of hotel. Overall, I would return any day and a recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a touch of luxury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast, Australia