This is our second extended stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences inbound from a miserable european winter weather.
The first stay January - Mid March 2011 in tower one in a two bedroom residence was, well, the best vacation my wife and I EVER had and we are very frequent, difficult, global travellers. Proof in the pudding, we extended our stay by one month for a total of two. At that time tower two was not yet completed. The available facilities at that time and still available today, in that tower, were an indoor lap pool, Sauna, Jaccuzi, Gym, BBQ area, grassy area and patio. All facilities were brand new as the opening was only several months earlier. The fully equipped scenic high floor (28th) residence was in a word, perfect. The Beds were to die for, the floor to ceiling windows in every room gave us a breathtaking view of both the sea and the interior. The kitchen had every imaginable convenience, the open living area was spacious, modern and comfortable.
The difference from all our other winter escapes was, the staff, the staff and the staff. Friendly, helpful, always smiling sincerely none of the often experienced "Oh God, here come the Flintstones again" with pasted on permagrins robots. We even kept in touch with some who have been promoted and gone on to other Hilton properties.
Our second stay is presently ongoing and we are still discovering the now much expanded property which includes a high end deli like cafe, the Foodstore (Insider tip, if you buy more than $50 AUD one gets 20% off which is not advertised) a bar, one outdoor pool snack bar, a high end restaurant, the Salt Grill by Chef Luke Mangan (Sort of an Australian Wolfgang Puck). A wading pool for kids with a gazebo like lounging area for adults overseeing their children. Several more BBQ areas, a large lap pool with "wings" for relaxing. A high end Spa, Eforea another Gym and a variety of covered shops adjacent called High Street.
We arrived on the 26th of December exhausted inbound from Paris. Asked the hotel to send a car to pick us up in Brisbane and while being driven to the Hotel the staff called the driver to see if we had arrived intact. The driver told us no other hotel in Surfers takes as good care of customers as these guys, we were believers. Since our flight arrived at 7 AM and the residence was not yet ready they gave us access to the executive lounge on the 15th floor of the hotel tower. We groaned, but then lit up to find a huge fully equipped lounge complete with a private shower area which was much need after our two day trip. They brought us towels and toiletries and, again, we felt we had arrived...
The 2BD we are now staying at is just as amazing as the one during our first stay. Sitting here the doors to our balcony open to the sea hearing birds and the ocean surf writing this, we can assure you that if travelling to Surfers Paradise there is no other place you will want to stay. We did, during our first stay, extensively visit all high end hotels and residences in the area including in Broadbeach and none compare.
Double thumbs up Hilton Surfers Paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia