“BEST HOTEL ON GOLD COAST!!!!!!!!!!”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the new Hilton Hotel in Surfers Paradise for 5 nights. Everything was just perfect. We were greeted by friendly, professional staff upon check-in. Upon entering our two bedroom apartment we were met by amazing ocean views as far as the eye could see. The apartment was brand new, spacious; it had all the amenities and more. We ordered room service many times during our stay and it was always prompt and delicious. We also dined in their Salt Grill Restaurant...amazing! The Truffled French Fries were to die for!! They even have a walk-in wine cellar for the wine buffs. Before diner we had a few cocktails in their FIX Bar. Well this was an experience. The cocktail are so original and elaborate. The ambience is back to the 1930's with a modern twist. Best hotel we have ever stayed in and we travel overseas on a regular base. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be spoiled by a five star hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was my first stay at the newly opened tower. Before this I have stayed twice at the Residences apartments tower. It seems like the hotel hasn't quite got the good customer service in place yet. Being a new hotel I experienced the same issues when the Hilton South Wharf (Melbourne) first opened. I placed a order for food/beverage upon arrival to be in the room, and they had no idea about it or where the order has gone. By then the kitchen was unable to complete the order I placed. The 15th Floor Lounge was very good!! The food and drink available was fantastic, perhaps Hilton Brisbane could take note of this. All food was very tasty and good range of alcohol. The buffet breakfast at the Luke Mangan Salt Grill was of very good standard.

Room Tip: Go for the Relaxation Room or Suite, Standard rooms are quite small
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 1:30pm and a friendly receptionist gave us an early check-in. Our room was 1407, an executive king with a balcony, offering ocean view. The room was smaller than I thought, but nevertheless comfortable. Other than getting overcharged with a Jim Beam n' Cola ($10.00) and parking ($15.00) on our way out, our stay at the Hilton was pleasant. I like the idea of The Food Store and the way their staff are dressed, it reminded me a lot like Miami.

For photos of the Executive Lounge, please check out my blog:

For photos of the room, please check out my blog:

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DolceBunnie
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The Hilton Surfers is fairly new - all cold stone & dis-interested staff. Our apartment for two couples sharing was a nice size, very clean & modern. The furnishings were ok & all we needed was in the kitchen etc.

We had a side view of the Ocean & staff really weren't interested in helping with a request to move to a higher level with a nicer view! Even though it didn't seem at all busy!

Room service food was over priced and very mediocre - not much of it either portion wise so recommend a take out!

Good location though - all up not too bad, however if you want a whole week holidaying on the coast get ocean view or go elsewhere!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Being new everything is clean, working and fresh. Stayed in an apartment and were upgraded to a high floor sea view which was appreciated. The accomodation was large and had everything we could have wanted and staff were efficient and friendly. We would happily stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: The waves can be as good as anywhere, the sea probably being the biggest selling point for Surfers P...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I recently spent four nights at the new Hilton Hotel in Surfers Paradise, Australia.
Firstly if your arriving by car, its all a bit tricky and not smooth sailing, you really have to pay attention and read the signs down to the hotel car park in B2.
For a five star hotel this is very disappointing, you park your car there is no attendant to help you with your luggage. You have have to get in the lift, and go up to the lobby to check in. I left my luggage in the car went up to the lobby to figure it all out and checked in and had an attendant come with me to get my luggage for me. The only time you start feeling that you might be in a five star hotel and not a self serve style hotel is upon check-in.
I am a Diamond member so I don't know if I got the "extra suck up service" or if that is past on to everyone. The check in clerk was very informative and answered all my questions regarding the property, and I had heaps this not your every day run of the mill hotel laid out hotel. This hotel has a hotel and residence. From Floors 3-15 is the hotel and then further up are the residences.
The Room:
I was on the 13th floor with access to the Executive Lounge. Room was just unbelievable with views of the Ocean and balcony. Very comtemporary and 21st century. Housekeeping were a hit and miss, I always test housekeeping and their standards by placing objects around the room which I believe a good housekeeper should put away. The iron and iron board were left where I put them, they had cups to put in the cupboard but because the ironinhg board was in front of the cupboard they left the cups on the bench and remained there until I checked out. Somedays I got fresh toiletries and some days they didn't. I am getting sick of hotels that are getting tight fisted with their toiletries, what surprised me, the housekeeping staff that I had contact with didnt fully understand English which for a English speaking country is a worry.
The Executive club
Is almost in another calibre from the hotel, thats where their five star really shines, the Manager there, Leah, is an ex-senior manager flight attendant who worked for Emirates, from the minute you enter the lounge you get the five star treatment and I believe its down to Leah and the training and mentorship she has given her staff, Thank You Leah and staff for a memorable stay nothing was too big and small for them to assist you.
In the morning there is a continental breakfast with all different cereals, fresh fruit yoghurt and an assortment of cold meats also. There are mini bagels and croissants and cakes also its very plentiful so you don't need to go out for breakfast again. The evening drinks is also fantastic with a selection of cheeses and fruits and nuts. There is always a hot soup with a hot meat dish and rice, you could seriously feel up here and not bother going out to dinner if thats what you wanted to do.
The pool areas are a joke, the lap pools both in and out are only 1.2 metres deep. Very much a concrete jungle.
There is a spa pool but who wants to jump in with the kids screaming and shouting and parents treating it as their own private haven.
Well equipped gym areas there are two.
I would stay here again but if your looking to completely veg. out and have peace I suggest another hotel away from the hustle and bustle. Shame its not in a quiter area this would be
a hotel to get away from it all.
For peace and quiet and tranquility go up to Main Beach and stay either at the Versace which is my preference of Gold Coast hotels, otherwise I suppose the Sheraton Mirage across the road.
I must acknowledge a BigThank You also to the General Manager for his welcome note and fruit platter with complimentary beverages which were in a beautiful catering bucket. Thank You very much appreciated it..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LizzyBennett
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Issue with the car park on arrival - hotel boom gate did not work, and no reply when pressing the "assistance required" button. Parked in a general "resistance visitor" spot, and ran into another guest who had the same problem. Assured at check in that the car was fine to park there on the slow Sunday, which soothed our concerns.

Rooms were beautiful and the bathrooms perfect. Little touches made the room nice. Awkwardly, despite the reservation being made in my female name, the birthday amenity from the manager was addressed to “Mr.”, but I didn’t mind because the thought was lovely and the chocolates were divine. Room compendiums are already looking used though. Mattress topper is perfect, just a little firmer than the Sofitel So Beds but I preferred it.

Called the operator ("Magic") and automated to hold which was good because it wasn't ringing out, but waited 5 minutes every time we called for ice, food and extras. A little frustrating that the phone wasn't portable, as we had to sit at the desk or on the bed while waiting.

Room service was disappointing, especially since I’m from a food and beverage background and my partner is a chef. Ice coffee undrinkable for him, espresso was burnt and so bitter. Meals weren’t as described by operator, and tasteless meat. Some shining star choices on there though.

Minibar selection was amazing even though we didn’t have anything; it was nice to have all of the choices there.

Check in and out was quick, and they were very patient with my card which had chip faults.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple