Just came back from two nights at the Surfers Paradise Hilton. Stayed with a business colleague in a two bedroom apartment on the 20th floor of the Orchid Tower.
* Reception staff very friendly and helpful
* Lobby area is very stark .. .lots of concrete and dull colours ... didn't really appeal to me ... a little too industrial!
* Room was very clean, modern and functional ... not my idea of five star, maybe 4.5!
* Very comfy bed
* Great views over the beach and surrounding areas
* Enjoyed dinner around the pool one night and two breakfasts in the hotel restaurant ... no complaints ... loved the fact that they served one of my client's excellent organic yoghurt products at the breakfast buffet!
* Very central location, close to shops, beach, bars and restaurants
* This part of Surfers Paradise is not really my ideal location for a holiday but if you're a first time visitor you will find plenty to see and do at your doorstep
* Pool looked great, but didn't have time to check it out.More