“A New Hotel With Nothing Much to Say”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“A New Hotel With Nothing Much to Say”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is a brand new hotel for many years in Surfers Paradise Gold Coast. After we successfully found the obscure entrance to the car-park at Orchid Avenue, meander our way through two boom-gates and parked our car, we still have to find the obscured correct lift to get to the foyer. Once in the foyer we could hardly believe that we were in a 5-star hotel. There was no comfy sofa, no chandelier or sweeping staircase. The reception was like a 3.5 to 4 star apartment reception. Our room was reasonably spacious though not hugely so. The bathroom was nice and spacious and of course new. Bathrobes and slippers were provided and we have a nice part ocean view but many other rooms did not have ocean view. The service was generally good and friendly but we noticed that the hotel was understaffed in almost all areas. We stayed on the 9th floor hotel wing and the nightclub was very noisy up to early morning. With the sliding door closed it was reasonably quiet, Breakfast was nice and enjoyable. In summary, it was a reasonably pleasant stay in a comfortable room with part ocean view with nice breakfast. The location was right in the centre of Surfers Paradise. The rest was quite generic. What impressed me was the good and friendly service provided by the staff under pressure due to understaff.

Room Tip: Only some rooms have ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear DWK,

I thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

We often receive comments on our foyer and as you can appreciate the style is not to everyone’s taste. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and found the bathroom spacious.

I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and you found our staff provided friendly service.

Once again I do thank you for your feedback we take it all very seriously. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

David Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 June 2012

i just stayed there with my wife on the June Long weekend for our anniversary, and it was great. Check in was quick and painless. We were on the 15th floor and the noise was minimal if any it certainly didn't disturb my sleep. The room was well appointed with that lovely new smell. Anthony and Greg at the conceirge were very helpful, and gave us a complimentry breakfast at Salt which was excellent. I would recommend the Hilton to anyone wanting a central hotel on the Gold Coast.

1 Thank PDH1272
Dear PDH1272,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear that your anniversary stay exceeded your expectations, including a wonderful breakfast at Salt Grill.

Thank you for the positive comments about our staff I will be sure to pass these onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was looking for a nice relaxing night away with my husband and when I saw the description of the "relaxation suite" at the brand new Hilton Surfers Paradise I figured it would be worth the exorbitant price. Turns out I was wrong, the room was lovely, the bed was amazing and the view was incredible as promised. However, we were on the 8th floor and the noise from the nightclubs downstairs felt like the party was in my room - I didn't sleep until it finally stopped at 5am and my husband who can usually sleep through a train-wreck also had a bad night. I was going to say something when we checked out but the guy at the desk was rushed off his feet because he was the only one there and he never even asked how we enjoyed our stay. We also ordered room service for dinner and considering the write-up about the celebrity chef I was extremely dissapointed, the menu was very narrow and my fried-rice was verging on inedible. I travel heaps with work so I am more than aware that often when you travel you get what you pay for, but in this instance it's not the case.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there I would ask for a room that isn't impacted by the noise from below - b...
3 Thank Karen M
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Karen M,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your "relaxation suite" and the view was as promised. We do receive a lot of positive comments about our "Hilton" bed and glad to hear in this instance it was no different.

In regards to your comments about the noise, from time to time we have had noise complaints from outside the Hotel and we have worked with our local business partners to resolve this issue, I do apologise on this occurrence you where disturbed by the noise.

I do appreciate your feedback and if you should wish to discuss any of your issues further please do not hesitate to contact my office directly and I would be glad to discuss your experience with you in detail.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife & I stayed in the Residences within the Hilton complex and I can honestly say that they are second to none. Not only are all staff friendly and very helpful, but the rooms are both astonishing and purely relaxing.
We tooke advantage of all of the facilities on site and I must say the following:

Day Spa: We had a massage each at the day spa, and it was absolutely relaxing. I could not fault one thing within the facility itself. The staff were presentable, friendly and very professional. The area itself was kept clean and amazingly peaceful.
Salt Grill: The staff are amazing, they go above and beyond for their patrons! We had breakfast in the restaurant almost every morning of our ten day stay. The food is beautiful. They cater for all needs and really do have a great variety. I would have to say that this restaurants staff really did make our experience an amzing experience. I will say that the restaurant is a little pricey for dinner though (but makes up for it in customer service and excellent tasting foods).
Room Service: To start with, the room service staff are great! They provide excellent customer service aswell as being prompt with every order. We have stayed at several different hotels within Surfers Paradise and I can almost guarantee that the Hilton have the best room service. I would recommend to order an extraordinary pistachio creme brulee, order a unique pillow catering for your style and watch a movie in bed.
If we go back to Surfers Paradise again, we will definitely be staying there again. I recommend the facilities to anybody wishing to stay in a residence that is close to the beach, aswell as all necessary facilities for a great holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Brad S,

I am happy to hear your overall experience was positive and you enjoyed all the outlets we have to offer.

I appreciate all the wonderful comments about our staff and will be sure to pass these on.

Once again thank you for providing positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in the future.

Al Khobar, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel good at the location and service only. The rooms are too small.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear AAlreziza,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad to hear you liked the location of the hotel we do get many positive comments on where it is situated.

We take all comments and suggestions seriously and thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed here with children in April 2012. We had been camping for two weeks and this was the luxury part of the holiday. The apartments are smart, clean and have all that a family needs in them including being able to download the latest movies in-house (kids loved this). The Hilton also has fantastic foodie options and we visited and purchased cheese and salami's on more than one occassion - the price of these were VERY reasonable, not what we expected. Johanna was very helpful in selecting items for us. The consierge is helpful with bookings for the many venues and fantastic that it all goes on your house bill. The only downside was the only night we went to use the pool, we found a private function being held around the pool - we could have used it but really, how could you. Also we loved being able to open windows to let in fresh air, pity about the yahoos at 3am each night. We loved the rooms, the staff and the location but Surfers Paradise is not our favourite holiday destination - if you love Surfers Paradise, then we highly recommend this as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Our view was over the street - if you want peace and quiet to sleep, ask for another room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jxkennedy,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear that your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise was a great way to finish off your family holiday and you enjoyed some of our wonderful outlets.

Thank you for all the positive comments on our staff I will be sure to pass these onto the team.

I am glad you enjoyed your room and the kids were happy with the in-house movies.

We do receive a number of comments about the noise outside our hotel and we are currently working with local authorities to try and reduce this.

Once again I do appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers paradise in the future.

Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I stayed one night , a Saturday ,for a weekend conference.

Negotiating the carpark was the first obstacle. Not easy.

Check in was very slow even with 2 staff and not many guests waiting.The check in desk is small .

Our room was on the fourth floor, facing south, looking over the lap pool( 40metres long!) on the second level which is beautiful.We didn't hear noise from the night clubs below probably because of overlooking the pool rather than the street.There is also a small indoor pool.

The corridor from the lift to the room was very small, dark and dingy with dark brown wallpaper(badly scratched) and dark brown paint.

We had a standard room with a very comfortable king sized bed.There was no bath and the shower had an unusual arrangement where you couldn't reach the shower control when you were standing under the shower.It was more than a metre away.

Only 12 months old and everything clean and new apart from an obvious spill on the carpet that hadn't been attended to.

The conference facilities were quite good.

I don't think I'll be going back.

Room Tip: A high floor to escape the street noise, on the south side, overlooking the lap pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Australiafrancophile,

Thank you for taking time out to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the wonderful view over our unique pool area. We do receive many comments about our Hilton King beds and how they contribute to a relaxing night’s sleep.

Regarding your comments on the car park and front desk area, I appreciate your feedback as we always strive to improve the guest experience.

If you wish to discuss any of your feedback further please don't hesitate to contact my office directly.

Thank you again.