“Rude staff, dirty rooms”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 14 June 2012

After staying a nIght in their 2 bedroom apartment I will never go back! Worst problem was that when we woke we found someone elses pajamas in the bed so obviously the bed had been remade not changed and we had stayed in dirty sheets. The room was lovely and big but dirty. Mirrors had fingerprints, carpet not vacuumed and balcony had a beer bottle with cigarette butts in it.The furniture was shabby considering the hotel is only 6 months old. Smells come up from the street. The receptionist was rude and condescending and it took 2 weeks for the$100 hold to come off my visa.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lbjfox
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear Lbjfox,

Thank you for taking time out to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I appreciate your feedback as we do take all feedback very seriously. We provide all feedback to our staff and work together to make sure these issues don't happen again.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the bedroom furniture we do try and cater to all guests and I do apologise in this instance it did not meet your expectations.

If you would like to discuss any of your feedback in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in an executive room over June long weekend. Room was new and fresh with an excellent view. Breakfast in the restaurant was good and up to the Hilton standard. The wait staff suffered under a very busy weekend but they remained very friendly and helpful. Great coffee and the chefs were excellent with their speed and quality of hot food.

Also tried the Degustation menu in Salt Grill and experienced excellent food and service (separate review). Tried the food in the food store for lunch and this was also good and it was a really nice space as well. My wife had spa treatments in the spa and thought they were of a high standard.

My only gripe was the executive lounge itself, traditionally i opt for rooms with this privilege when staying at Hilton's and find them a good addition to our stay. This Hilton lounge probably had the best view, but worst service and worst range of food. Normally there is a selection of hot and cold hors d'oeuvre changing nightly giving you some interesting things to try before go to dinner. Here every night offered curry and rice, always smelt the same and resembled takeaway food. They had some staple cold items, soup and a cheese platter which was similar to other lounges but the staffs ability to keep them stocked was a continuing problem. Ran out of glasses one night, another night beer was lukewarm after having to ask staff to restock the fridge, and my last night there was no standard beer at all - they had run out and only had light beer and a weird pilsener (It didn't have to be Heineken but how hard is it to get a few of anything standard from somewhere else in the hotel) . I would suggest sending staff up to the Brissie Hilton for a couple of days to see how its done.

Would stay again if I had to come back to the Coast, but don't think I would waste the extra money on exec lounge. Really though probably just wished I had gone to the Brisbane Hilton for my long weekend instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor or take an apartment instead of hotel room as these are above the hotel floors.
1  Thank Needy elephants
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Needy elephants,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear you were impressed with your room and the views of our wonderful beaches.

I do appreciate the positive comments about our staff members including the chefs and I will be sure to pass these on to the team. It's fantastic you got a chance to experience all of our outlets while here and you had a positive experience.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the Executive Lounge we do try and cater to all guests and I do apologise in this instance it did not meet your expectations. I will pass this feedback on to the Executive Lounge as we are always looking for new ideas.

Once again I do appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is a brand new hotel for many years in Surfers Paradise Gold Coast. After we successfully found the obscure entrance to the car-park at Orchid Avenue, meander our way through two boom-gates and parked our car, we still have to find the obscured correct lift to get to the foyer. Once in the foyer we could hardly believe that we were in a 5-star hotel. There was no comfy sofa, no chandelier or sweeping staircase. The reception was like a 3.5 to 4 star apartment reception. Our room was reasonably spacious though not hugely so. The bathroom was nice and spacious and of course new. Bathrobes and slippers were provided and we have a nice part ocean view but many other rooms did not have ocean view. The service was generally good and friendly but we noticed that the hotel was understaffed in almost all areas. We stayed on the 9th floor hotel wing and the nightclub was very noisy up to early morning. With the sliding door closed it was reasonably quiet, Breakfast was nice and enjoyable. In summary, it was a reasonably pleasant stay in a comfortable room with part ocean view with nice breakfast. The location was right in the centre of Surfers Paradise. The rest was quite generic. What impressed me was the good and friendly service provided by the staff under pressure due to understaff.

Room Tip: Only some rooms have ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear DWK,

I thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

We often receive comments on our foyer and as you can appreciate the style is not to everyone’s taste. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and found the bathroom spacious.

I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and you found our staff provided friendly service.

Once again I do thank you for your feedback we take it all very seriously. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

i just stayed there with my wife on the June Long weekend for our anniversary, and it was great. Check in was quick and painless. We were on the 15th floor and the noise was minimal if any it certainly didn't disturb my sleep. The room was well appointed with that lovely new smell. Anthony and Greg at the conceirge were very helpful, and gave us a complimentry breakfast at Salt which was excellent. I would recommend the Hilton to anyone wanting a central hotel on the Gold Coast.

1  Thank PDH1272

Dear PDH1272,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear that your anniversary stay exceeded your expectations, including a wonderful breakfast at Salt Grill.

Thank you for the positive comments about our staff I will be sure to pass these onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was looking for a nice relaxing night away with my husband and when I saw the description of the "relaxation suite" at the brand new Hilton Surfers Paradise I figured it would be worth the exorbitant price. Turns out I was wrong, the room was lovely, the bed was amazing and the view was incredible as promised. However, we were on the 8th floor and the noise from the nightclubs downstairs felt like the party was in my room - I didn't sleep until it finally stopped at 5am and my husband who can usually sleep through a train-wreck also had a bad night. I was going to say something when we checked out but the guy at the desk was rushed off his feet because he was the only one there and he never even asked how we enjoyed our stay. We also ordered room service for dinner and considering the write-up about the celebrity chef I was extremely dissapointed, the menu was very narrow and my fried-rice was verging on inedible. I travel heaps with work so I am more than aware that often when you travel you get what you pay for, but in this instance it's not the case.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there I would ask for a room that isn't impacted by the noise from below - b...
3  Thank Karen M
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Karen M,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your "relaxation suite" and the view was as promised. We do receive a lot of positive comments about our "Hilton" bed and glad to hear in this instance it was no different.

In regards to your comments about the noise, from time to time we have had noise complaints from outside the Hotel and we have worked with our local business partners to resolve this issue, I do apologise on this occurrence you where disturbed by the noise.

I do appreciate your feedback and if you should wish to discuss any of your issues further please do not hesitate to contact my office directly and I would be glad to discuss your experience with you in detail.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife & I stayed in the Residences within the Hilton complex and I can honestly say that they are second to none. Not only are all staff friendly and very helpful, but the rooms are both astonishing and purely relaxing.
We tooke advantage of all of the facilities on site and I must say the following:

Day Spa: We had a massage each at the day spa, and it was absolutely relaxing. I could not fault one thing within the facility itself. The staff were presentable, friendly and very professional. The area itself was kept clean and amazingly peaceful.
Salt Grill: The staff are amazing, they go above and beyond for their patrons! We had breakfast in the restaurant almost every morning of our ten day stay. The food is beautiful. They cater for all needs and really do have a great variety. I would have to say that this restaurants staff really did make our experience an amzing experience. I will say that the restaurant is a little pricey for dinner though (but makes up for it in customer service and excellent tasting foods).
Room Service: To start with, the room service staff are great! They provide excellent customer service aswell as being prompt with every order. We have stayed at several different hotels within Surfers Paradise and I can almost guarantee that the Hilton have the best room service. I would recommend to order an extraordinary pistachio creme brulee, order a unique pillow catering for your style and watch a movie in bed.
If we go back to Surfers Paradise again, we will definitely be staying there again. I recommend the facilities to anybody wishing to stay in a residence that is close to the beach, aswell as all necessary facilities for a great holiday.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Brad S,

I am happy to hear your overall experience was positive and you enjoyed all the outlets we have to offer.

I appreciate all the wonderful comments about our staff and will be sure to pass these on.

Once again thank you for providing positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel good at the location and service only. The rooms are too small.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Dear AAlreziza,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad to hear you liked the location of the hotel we do get many positive comments on where it is situated.

We take all comments and suggestions seriously and thank you once again for your feedback.