“Magic as only Hilton can do it.”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, Australia
“Magic as only Hilton can do it.”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Hilton introduced the "Magic" button on their hotel rooms phone with the promise that if you pressed the "magic" button the operator would make Magic happen.

Well with this hotel they make you feel the magic from the moment you step in the door and when you leave you will wish you stayed another night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Jasonbradshaw,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I appreciate your wonderful feedback in regards to the Magic button on our phones. Magic do a fantastic job at answering guest requests all day long and strive to make everyone's stay Magic.

I am glad to hear your stay lived up to your expectations and it has left you feeling like you want to come back for more.

As part of a new initiative at Hilton Surfers Paradise I welcome guest feedback at any time during your stay and prior to departure. Please feel free to contact my office directly on karlie.sims@hilton.com . Our philosophy at Hilton Surfers Paradise is “yes, we can” and we want all our guests to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

David Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2012

cannot fault the place .but booked thru wotif.com....the parking fee was hard to see.found on check out a $15 fee for parking at place i paid to stay at.also $100 was charged to my credit card sunday on arrival...come friday night money not back on my card.

Room Tip: remember when booking a room parking not included..always add $15 to price per night
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Russell B,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay whilst at our hotel.

I do apologise if the parking fee was not clear enough on the website and will be sure to check this out. The charge on the card normally takes 10 business days to be refunded, if for some reason this has still not happened please contact my office directly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hilton never fails to impress.

On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and told that we could be accommodated on a high floor, as requested. This provided us with a great view over the city. To our surprise, we were told that our room rate allowed us access to the executive lounge on the 15th floor for pre-dinner canapés and drinks. This was well worth a visit - self-service buffet and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) in free flow with a spectacular view across the city and ocean.

Breakfast was a little rushed - we were told breakfast was until 11 but in fact it was only until 10.30. Self service and freshly cooked with a good selection including a barrista for fresh tea/coffee although ours took over 20 mins to arrive.

The local area may not be to everybody's taste and it was a little noisy for a weeknight but we enjoyed our stay, nevertheless. We will return.

Room Tip: Read the small print carefully - if it involves access to the executive lounge it is worth it!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear RGSYD,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

It’s great to hear your check in experience was positive and you enjoyed the view in your room on the 15th floor. The executive lounge is a great place to enjoy pre-drinks before dinner and I am happy to hear you had the opportunity to experience this.

I do apologise for the mix up with the breakfast times but happy to hear you enjoyed the selection, including the fresh tea and coffee.

As part of a new initiative at Hilton Surfers Paradise I welcome guest feedback at any time during your stay and prior to departure. Please feel free to contact my office directly on karlie.sims@hilton.com. Our philosophy at Hilton Surfers Paradise is “yes, we can” and we want all our guests to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise in the future.

Sydney
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed at Hilton for a short break and was delighted to see that old fashioned true 5 star hospitality still exists. From the Bell boy, receptionist, restaurant staff and most impressively the housekeeping staff I was shown an amazing level of warm hospitality that surpassed every expectation I had of 5 star hotels. The rooms are beautiful and exceptionally presented and the housekeeping team should be very proud of their product. Well done Team Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms and impeccably clean.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear CamSam,

It is wonderful to hear that you had a true 5 star experience whist at Hilton Surfers Paradise. I appreciate all the lovely comments about our team and will be sure to pass these on.

We all strive to be our best and work together to show our guests the Hilton 5 star standard and an enjoyable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed here for 12 nights over the Christmas & New Year's holiday. Basically, we were pretty happy with this hotel. Stayed in 2 bedrooms/see view on the 17th floor. The room was spacious & immaculately cleaned daily. We found having a washer/drier in the room was extremely handy. Brought some ear plugs as having been advised in the previous reviews from other guest, but never had a chance to wear them.

We often bought some food & drink from the deli on the ground floor, which was fairly pricey but the quality was really good!

The only downside of this accommodation was that the surroundings was not so pretty. Pretty surprised to find some tacky shops on the streets. We should have chosen somewhere a little bit more quiet as Surfers Paradise is basically a resort for youngsters who seek a lively beach, bars & night clubs.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank koju
Dear Koju,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your 12 night stay over the Christmas period, it sounds like your room was just what you wanted to be comfortable for a long stay.

The food store is one of our unique outlets at the hotel with quality food and drink to please our guests, I am happy in this instance you got a chance to try it out.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Traveling to the gold coast for the marathon we thought we'd treat ourselves and indulge with at a 2 night stay at the Hilton. We brought along our young son who was celebrating his first birthday and left our other children behind so we could have a bit of a fun weekend away. We had a lovely weekend but no thanks to our stay at the Hilton which was more about character development than luxury.

After struggling to find the hotel, no assistance with parking or luggage, a very smelly carpark, dragging ourselves through long corridors with our luggage to reception, no cot in our room despite checking upon arrival, our phone in our room on continuous hold and never connecting to anything and having to walk to reception with any requests- and that was the first hour. Without dwelling too long - we went from 8pm till past 11pm without any water in our room. So no shower, no washing our baby. My room service meal took over 1 1/2 hours due to a muddle up with our order. Despite requests our room was never serviced during our stay and we had to ring down ( with difficultly) for towels and toilet paper.

Hilton hotels come with a trademark and certain expectations- lower your expectations with this one and with the huge selection of accommodation on the gold coast this would not be an option I would choose again.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2012
Dear Wonder246,

Firstly I want to apologise for your stay not being up to our Hilton standard and understand your frustration in what was supposed to be a lovely weekend away.

Double checking your cot request and then the cot not being in the room on arrival this is inexcusable.

I do apologise for the no water issue unfortunately this was something out of our control and we had staff members working through the night to get the water back on as soon as possible.

I am disappointed Housekeeping did not service your room at all during your stay this is not up to the "Hilton" standard at all.

I thank you for your feedback as we take it all very seriously and will learn and improve from your comments. If you would like to discuss your feedback in further detail please don't hesitate to contact my office directly.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Booked into the Hilton for a one night stay and the room seemed great, it was well appointed despite the view out to the west over the roofs of all the shopping precinct. After returning from dinner we noticed a slight smell of sewerage or a blocked drain but didn't think much of it. I woke in the middle of the night and the smell coming from the bathroom was by then disgusting and only alleviated by opening the window. There was no way that I going to ring and change rooms at 2 in the morning. Definitely not the luxurious experience we were hoping for and not up to the Hilton experience.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear TerryS,

I do apologise for the smell that you experienced in your room this is not something that normally happens at Hilton Surfers Paradise I do apologise in this instance you had to suffer through the night. I completely understand your decision not to move rooms at 2am in the morning.

I hope one day we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise and you can experience the true 5 star experience.