“A good Hilton experience except for the night club noise”

Hilton Surfers Paradise
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed in the hotel tower on level 15, and being a HH Diamond member were upgraded to an ocean view room and had executive club access. The room was spacious but not well laid out. The tv was positioned on a side wall (not good for watching from bed) and the desk faces the wall rather than the stunning view from the full length windows. Go figure! The bathroom is spacious and well appointed to the Hilton standard. Check-in was friendly and efficient. The executive lounge is fairly plain and boring when it comes to decor and setting, however the food and drink was very good, fresh and plentiful. The pool area consists of 3 pools (1 indoor) and given the 2 towers, 1 pool is usually in the shade.
We ate breakfast on Saturday morning at Salt grill. Selection and food quality was good, not excellent, but decent. Coffee service however was appallingly slow. It took 30 minutes to get our coffee order delivered. That's not good for coffee addicts.
One significant setback for the Hilton Surfers and the reason why we've rated it Average was the noise from the several nightclubs close to the hotel. We're used to city noise having lived in cbd locations but the thumping doof doof music until 4am every night (including Sunday) was too much. Sleep quality would have to be rated as bad.....which is a shame given how comfortable the bed was.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms facing the beach may provide a great view, but you'll pay with the night club noise...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear reckless_abandon8,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear you were upgraded to an ocean view room as per your HH Diamond status. I appreciate your comments in regards to the layout as we always strive to improve the guest experience and journey and I apologise on this instance it was not to your expectations.

The executive lounge does have a wonderful selection of refreshments and it's a fantastic place to relax along with our unique pool area.

As part of a new initiative at Hilton Surfers Paradise I welcome guest feedback at any time during your stay and prior to departure. Please feel free to contact my office directly on karlie.sims@hilton.com . Our philosophy at Hilton Surfers Paradise is “yes, we can” and we want all our guests to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

In regards to your comments about the noise, we are working with our local business partners to minimize this issue, I do apologise on this occurrence you where disturbed by the noise.

Thank you again for your feedback as we take it all very serious and strive to improve the hotel.

David Kelly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,390)

Reviewed 23 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have stayed at many good class of hotels in Surfers Paradise, and this is my favourite. We just hosted a group of twenty people to the Gold Coast 600 weekend and all guests were blown away by the standard of the rooms. For me, the biggest difference between the Hilton and other hotels is the level of service and attention from staff. This hotel definitely lives up to the Hilton brand. Rooms were fantastic, ammenities great and the breakfast and bar area was second to none. Only down side is there is only a doona on the bed and no sheet, therefore can be a little hot.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear Miaamy,

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and have now found your new favourite Surfers Paradise Hotel.

I am so happy we contributed to your group being blown away by their weekend on the Gold Coast. I do appreciate the wonderful comments about our staff and will be sure to pass these on to the team.

Thank you again for all the positive feedback and I hope we can welcome you back again for the GC600 next year.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed in the residences, the rooms were new and well appointed; the view wasn't bad although you had to look around the building in front of you to see the ocean. When we arrived there were no towels in the room. We rang housekeeping and they brought up towels but no bath mats or hand towels. Then we went to watch a movie and the TV kept cutting out. They sent someone up to fix it but within minutes it had started to cut out again. T. When we mentioned this on exit we were told there would be no charge for parking or the movie as compensation however both appeared on our bankcard. Not great service considering the high price tag!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CasOz48

Dear CasOz48,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the residence including the view.

In regards to the issues with your room, lack of towels, TV issues I do apologise and totally agree with you this is not up to our usual Hilton Standard. I also understand the frustration in relation to the compensation that was promised and not delivered, I will be sure to look into this as soon as possible.

Thank you again for the feedback as we take it all very seriously.

Karlie Sims

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Lunch at Salt Grill on Friday was not what I expected from a Hilton Hotel and type of restaurant.
I booked a table for 4 guests a week prior, via the Salt Grill website which was never been answered. A colleague also tried to book and is still waiting …..I than tried to ring on Saturday the 22.09 and my wall call was cut after 4 rings and the second time I tried to ring the phone rang out, which made me not much happier. I than send an email booking a table and asking for a menu which I got a reply for 24 hours later.
Arriving at Salt Grill there was no smile, no welcome…….the waiter was not friendly, rather rude. The table was set for 5 instead of 4 as booked. My friend was asked to move his chair on the round table we were seated (he was already seated) as one cover was removed to adjust to 4 covers. Place settings where adjusted and the waiter took the cutlery away in his bare hand, no tray or napkin. Some cutlery pieces on the table showed water spots, streaks and stains, olive oil bottle sticky. The female staff was friendly and attentive and drinks and food was served in a timely manner. We ordered of the special lunch menu, which was offered on this day. Food was nothing special!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EW1962

Dear EW1962,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience at Salt Grill.

I understand your frustration with the service at Salt Grill during your dining experience and have to agree this is not to our 5 star standards.

The booking process sounds like a very painful process and something I will be looking into. For any future bookings please don't hesitate to contact my office directly on 07 5680 8013.

I am happy to hear you did enjoy some positive experiences including the wine and food being served promptly.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Salt Grill again soon and get the opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

This was a fantastic hotel, one of the best I've ever stayed in. Free upgrade upon check-in was a great bonus and the pool deck at the hotel was my favourite place in the world. Will definately be a return customer.
Street noise could be a little loud and could be heard in the room but mainly on the Saturday night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear MelRob0707,

It’s wonderful to hear you had a fantastic stay and found the Hotel well above your expectations. Our pool area is very unique and a wonderful experience if you get the opportunity.

I do thank you again for the positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise very soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We booked this through the Wotif mystery deal although obvious where we were booking. A reasonable price for 2 bedroomed ocean view apartment. Check in was friendly and efficient. We were booked into a mid level apartment - level 30 I think. We arrived on a very windy evening and the noise in the corridor outside the apartment was very loud and a bit disconcerting. Clearly drafts everywhere. The noise in the apartment wasn't a great deal better. We placed a towel along the bottom of the entry door which helped a bit but earplugs came in handy. The apartment was spacious and was well equipped. Immaculate which was to be expected in a new building. Fabulous ocean views.
We had breakfast in the lobby "restaurant". It was a strange area to be eating in but we enjoyed the casual environment and appreciated the good service. Food was delicious and portions good.
Our kids had a quick swim in the heated indoor pool as the fabulous huge outdoor pool was a bit cold. The outdoor areas and bar looked very attractive but we didn't make any use of those.
I can't really get too excited about these large chain establishments but if you want a modern, luxury, convenient location then I can't fault it. Would I stay again? Yes probably, if we could secure a similar deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Dear kintailnz,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

It's good to hear your check in was friendly and efficient; you found your room immaculate and enjoyed the amazing ocean views.

The Food Store is a wonderful place to dine and experience the atmosphere of the hotel I am glad you found it worthwhile.

Our pool area is very unique and a wonderful place to sit back and relax, next time you visit the hotel you will have to spend some more time there.

On some occasions it does get very windy in Surfers Paradise but to hear all that wind in the corridor is a bit concerning I will be sure to follow this up.

I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
2 mi away
Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!