“Top of the food chain” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
New Rochelle, New York
“Top of the food chain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Last year I stayed at the Residences as the hotel side was still under construction. One of my reasons for returning to Surfer's Paradise was my stay at the Hilton. I was not disappointed this time. The guest rooms are beautiful (I was on an Executive Floor). Yes, it is brand new, but was done very tastefully.

While some did not like the location because of the noise level, I enjoyed being in the center of action. You walk outside the hotel and just about anything you'd want is just a few meters away. The beach as well, is a very short walk.

My next trip to Surfer's Paradise will certainly include a stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jaynyc2
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Dear Jaynyc2,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear your return to Hilton Surfers Paradise didn't disappoint and you found the executive floor up to your expectations.

The location of the hotel is wonderful and gives you the choice of many attractions to suit all the family and it sounds like it was to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise very soon.

David Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nelson, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Most of the negative comments I have about the Hilton have previously been said by a considerable number of reviewers. The likelyhood of them ever being able change certain complaints eg 'the noise' seems to me highly unlikely given it's location in the middle of Party Central! If you are under 30 or like to party all night then this is an ideal location otherwise find somewhere else. If you are already booked in and are concerned about the noise issue then I strongly recommend you ask for a floor level as high up as possible. On a positive note we enjoyed a couple of really nice lunches in the lobby cafe and the concierge were very helpful when we hired a couple of their bikes.

Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Noslen2010
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear Noslen2010,

I appreciate your understanding with the "noise" responses we have received and you are correct in saying we are right in the middle of the Surfers Paradise nightlife. As I have mentioned in my previous responses I welcome guest feedback at any time before or during your stay and prior to departure. Please feel free to contact my office directly on karlie.sims@hilton.com . Our philosophy at Hilton Surfers Paradise is “yes, we can” and we want all our guests to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the Food Store lunches and you found our concierge so helpful. I do hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

We arrived a bit early and as our room was not ready the hotel offered the use of the pool facilities. The pool deck was very nicely laid out but it was a bit cold, the deck is heavily shaded and wind affected. Sadly the pool bar was also closed. That said, this is the only negative from our 5 night stay.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in the 1st tower on the 18th floor, overlooking the mountains. The room was well laid out and had everything we needed for our stay. We had a small issue with a plug in the bathroom and it was fixed very quickly. Room service was also very quick. Even though we stayed during the GC600 the noise was not too big an issue, once we went to bed with the doors closed and curtains drawn we hardly heard anything.

Breakfast in the Salt Grill was good. We have eaten at better buffet's in terms of variety but what was there was nice. They make most egg dishes, pancakes etc fresh as ordered. The staff were very attentive.

We did not deal with the concierge much but when we did he was very knowledgable. There was a lot of road closures due to the race and new light rail but the concierge knew what bus to catch and where or what roads to use to avoid traffic etc.

The location is smack bang in the heart of all the action. We had our 6yr old with us so we did not do the nightclub scene. We did however eat out each night at a different restaurant and spent some time in the biggest Timezone we have ever seen as well as bowling all within a two min walk of the hotel. Quite a lot of shops were open till 10ish and markets on the beach each Wednesday and Friday nights meant we did not have to go to far to find something to do in the evenings. We did not experience any trouble or feel unsafe at all.

So all up we were impressed with our stay. The staff from the front desk to the cleaners were all very friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: From what we understand the higher floors overlooking the mountains are the best to not be affected...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank outlawwa
Dear outlawwa,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

It is wonderful to hear you had such a fantastic stay and the hotel exceeded all your expectations.

I am happy to hear the GC 600 didn't impact your stay in anyway and our concierge boys were full of knowledge to point you in the right direction.

I do appreciate the lovely comments about all our staff I will be sure to pass these on to the team.

The location is a wonderful asset to the hotel and caters for everyone with all different attractions. I am happy to hear on this occasion the location was beneficial to you and your family.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed in the hotel tower on level 15, and being a HH Diamond member were upgraded to an ocean view room and had executive club access. The room was spacious but not well laid out. The tv was positioned on a side wall (not good for watching from bed) and the desk faces the wall rather than the stunning view from the full length windows. Go figure! The bathroom is spacious and well appointed to the Hilton standard. Check-in was friendly and efficient. The executive lounge is fairly plain and boring when it comes to decor and setting, however the food and drink was very good, fresh and plentiful. The pool area consists of 3 pools (1 indoor) and given the 2 towers, 1 pool is usually in the shade.
We ate breakfast on Saturday morning at Salt grill. Selection and food quality was good, not excellent, but decent. Coffee service however was appallingly slow. It took 30 minutes to get our coffee order delivered. That's not good for coffee addicts.
One significant setback for the Hilton Surfers and the reason why we've rated it Average was the noise from the several nightclubs close to the hotel. We're used to city noise having lived in cbd locations but the thumping doof doof music until 4am every night (including Sunday) was too much. Sleep quality would have to be rated as bad.....which is a shame given how comfortable the bed was.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms facing the beach may provide a great view, but you'll pay with the night club noise...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear reckless_abandon8,

I am happy to hear you were upgraded to an ocean view room as per your HH Diamond status. I appreciate your comments in regards to the layout as we always strive to improve the guest experience and journey and I apologise on this instance it was not to your expectations.

The executive lounge does have a wonderful selection of refreshments and it's a fantastic place to relax along with our unique pool area.

As part of a new initiative at Hilton Surfers Paradise I welcome guest feedback at any time during your stay and prior to departure. Please feel free to contact my office directly on karlie.sims@hilton.com . Our philosophy at Hilton Surfers Paradise is “yes, we can” and we want all our guests to enjoy the true Hilton experience.

In regards to your comments about the noise, we are working with our local business partners to minimize this issue, I do apologise on this occurrence you where disturbed by the noise.

Thank you again for your feedback as we take it all very serious and strive to improve the hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have stayed at many good class of hotels in Surfers Paradise, and this is my favourite. We just hosted a group of twenty people to the Gold Coast 600 weekend and all guests were blown away by the standard of the rooms. For me, the biggest difference between the Hilton and other hotels is the level of service and attention from staff. This hotel definitely lives up to the Hilton brand. Rooms were fantastic, ammenities great and the breakfast and bar area was second to none. Only down side is there is only a doona on the bed and no sheet, therefore can be a little hot.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Miaamy,

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and have now found your new favourite Surfers Paradise Hotel.

I am so happy we contributed to your group being blown away by their weekend on the Gold Coast. I do appreciate the wonderful comments about our staff and will be sure to pass these on to the team.

Thank you again for all the positive feedback and I hope we can welcome you back again for the GC600 next year.

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed in the residences, the rooms were new and well appointed; the view wasn't bad although you had to look around the building in front of you to see the ocean. When we arrived there were no towels in the room. We rang housekeeping and they brought up towels but no bath mats or hand towels. Then we went to watch a movie and the TV kept cutting out. They sent someone up to fix it but within minutes it had started to cut out again. T. When we mentioned this on exit we were told there would be no charge for parking or the movie as compensation however both appeared on our bankcard. Not great service considering the high price tag!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CasOz48
Dear CasOz48,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the residence including the view.

In regards to the issues with your room, lack of towels, TV issues I do apologise and totally agree with you this is not up to our usual Hilton Standard. I also understand the frustration in relation to the compensation that was promised and not delivered, I will be sure to look into this as soon as possible.

Thank you again for the feedback as we take it all very seriously.

Karlie Sims