“Wot noise?”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Ballina
“Wot noise?”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We booked this quick getaway a month ago and didnt realise it was schoolies!! I was very worried about noise from reviews I had read and being schoolies thought that it would be twice as bad. Wot noise?? We were on level 23 straight above the nite clubs and heard no noise from them at all, we did hear sum of the beach party but that didnt go very late.
Two bedroom apartment, we were upgraded, was great, clean and modern. I would stay here again for sure

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
Dear BevanT,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear your quick getaway was just what you had hoped for, including a peaceful stay on level 23.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise again soon.

David Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2012

When we arrived the computer system was down so we couldn't check in, we came back an hour later and was able to check in in the executive lounge. We had one of the relaxation rooms, this room I couldn't fault for cleanliness, my partner had organised with the hotel to have a birthday cake and flowers in the room and these were lovely, however, we had to go and get plates and knives from the lounge, it would have been nice to have those supplied (we did in another hotel for my partners birthday). The room we had was large with two chairs, the description of the room said there was a sofa and that would have been more comfortable. The executive lounge was nice but I found they were a bit slow on replenishing the food, I had to ask them to top up the food and it seemed once the cheese went there wasn't any more. We had breakfast there for a continental breakfast it was adequate. I agree with other reviewers the noise from the disco went on until 4-5am and was relentless - more double glazing would be beneficial. In terms of location, we were in the centre of things and a five minute walk to the bus stop to get to Movieworld, if there were tourist brochures, I didn't see any, this would help tourists to the area. The staff were friendly and helpful no complaints there. We did have a great view of the beach so we were pleased with that.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Southsider20,

I appreciate your understanding when the computer system went down unfortunately this is out of our control but it sounds like you were checked in without a problem. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your relaxation room and of course the birthday cake and flowers that your lovely partner had organised.

The location of our hotel is very unique and gives everyone endless opportunities of nightlife, restaurants and attractions.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the executive lounge and I will be sure to follow these up with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise very soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel! We stayed here as a family with 2 kids and everyday there were always queues of people at reception- as they don't put enough staff on! The swimming pools are really cold and should be heated- so we didn't use them and notice that no one else was either. The concierge were also short staffed and people queued here as well!
We moved rooms after the first night as even though we were on the 32 floor in the tall building, the noise from the nightclubs keeps you awake till 4am!!
Our second room was much better so ask for a top room in the Boulevard tower.
The restaurant for bfast is excellent, great service and choice of food.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment, it was fantastic and the cleaning staff are first class.
In the evening I would recommend a top restaurant "Seaduction"- just 5 min walk from this hotel.
For the prices this hotel charges to stay I would say that they let themselves down with not triple glazing the rooms for the noise, the lack of reception staff and cold pools.
If you are a family with children and read Trip advisor I would recommend staying away from the centre of surfers paradise and find a better hotel for the price.
The kids and I really enjoyed Seaworld, Movie World and Wet n Wild park. Best to buy VIP ticket for unlimited value.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Brockham,

Regarding your comments on the reception area and the pools, I appreciate your feedback as we always strive to improve the guest experience and journey and I apologise on this instance it was not to your expectations.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed Salt Grill for breakfast and made the most of the many options.

I do appreciate your feedback as we take it all very seriously and hope to improve your stay for next time.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We decided to take up the offer made on check-in to upgrade our 2 bedroom apartment booking made through wotif to an ocean view apartment on a higher floor. We were put on the 29th floor with fantastic views of the beach, coast and skyline and were well away from the street noise. The bedrooms both had a floor to ceiling wall of windows to maximise the views. The cost was an extra $50 per night but this was well worth it for the views and being away from the party noises.

The apartment was well kitted out as you would expect from a 5* but would suggest to Management that the couches and dining room furniture when they upgrade next could be a bit softer for older bones. The couches were quite hard as were the cushions and the dining furniture was solid woodedn chairs with no padding. Luckily the plenitful pillows helped ease the pain and the beds were very comfortable.

Would agree with other reviewers that the foyer was a bit dim and could use some brightening up but the Food Store was definitely the place to get good coffee and cake and was the best coffee we found while on the Gold Coast.

The pool area was nice with a large pool and a plunge pool but the main pool gets shaded by the buildings so can be cool, but there is also a nice indoor pool. A receptacle containing pool towels should be near the main pool and indoor pool becauase these are the ones most used - it was hard to track them down, hidden over behind the bar on a chair near the smaller plungepool area.

We would recommend to anyone staying here to take up the option of express checkout which you can opt for the the night before. We didn't do it and checkout is very slow. Would definitely recommend the upgrade to a high ocean view - the 2 bedroom apartments are great and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it - ask for an upgrade to a high floor to get away from the street noise and an o...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear lap6,

I am happy to hear you took the upgrade option and got to experience the amazing beach views. The residences are well fitted out make it for a comfortable long stay. I will make note of your suggestions.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed The Food Store experience and the high standard of coffee they have to offer. Our pool area is unique and gives you a number of options; I appreciate your suggestions in relation to the pool towels and will be sure to pass these on.

Thank you again for your feedback it has been very informative and I do hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise again very soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed only for 1 night and really enjoyed it as nice views and balcony, felt like looking at a little Hong Kong on surfing beaches with so many buildings and more to come but great scenery and Hilton as a good location closeby to the beach, shop, tourists attractions(aqua duck, jet boat...).Staff were really nice, warm, pro., and loving their job, polished and well trained...still with beach feel attitude which was perfect...the restaurant SALT was v nice, slick, nice set up for breaky and v busy, great quality...not sure though of the deli in the lobby...as was busy-messy with check outs guests, but good design and selection...room service was fast-fresh-excellent presentation and selection...bathroom v nice, clean and comfy...will be back and the Hilton lounge upstairs is a must to chill out with some nice muesli and latte....love their uniforms too. all well runned

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Bruno B,

I am happy to hear your one night stay was so enjoyable. Views, location and attractions all to your liking and wonderful comments about the staff I will be sure to pass these on.

You also had the chance to experience the Executive Lounge, it's a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the views.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I remember as a kid going to the Gold Coast and being so excited to go there especially Surfers Paradise. Unfortunately in the years that have past something has gone seriously wrong and Surfers Paradise has turned into a haven for bogans and scumbags, It's a shame as the Hilton Hotel located there is absolutely stunning however the whistling that is heard in some parts of the hotel is rather annoying but I am told will be fixed shortly. The hotel has amazing facilities, a great pool, spa with flawless rooms it's a shame you have to leave it because as soon as you step out into the streets you surrounded by what has become a haven for the world's scum. In my opinion stay in Broadbeach or Coolangatta and forget Surfers Paradise altogether.

Room Tip: Occean View room is a must!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear michael d,

It is wonderful to hear you found the Hotel and its facilities amazing especially the pool and spa to name a couple.

Regarding your comments on the local area, I appreciate your feedback and I apologise on this instance it was not to your expectations.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Fernando (Assistant Manager), we wanted to thank you sincerely for your assistance during our 3 night stay .... as you know the first night was very noisy, and your help in moving us to Tower 2 made all the difference. You were calm and very courteous and had great intent towards turning around our experience. You did that very well and we really appreciate it. It really capped off our ten day holiday and we are grateful. We will come back again. J and P

Room Tip: Tower 2 - high up if you can get one
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear James L,

I am very pleased to hear Fernando looked after you and turned your visit around. Fernando is a great asset to the company and I will be sure to pass these comments on to him.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.