“Wonderful”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
NSW
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Everything was lovely here, I had a king relaxation suit, staff helpful and room clean and well maintained. All day snacks in the club lounge were good.room service meals I did not find so good, expensive but lacking in quality.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear LouLouNSW,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am happy to hear you had a lovely stay and found the staff helpful. The executive lounge is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy canapés and drinks.

I appreciate your feedback and do hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise soon.

David Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Definitely not a 5 Star experience. Checking staff very rude and condescending. Attended for a conference and stayed in the hotel for convenience... never again. Room sizes and arrangements varied greatly from what rooms I viewed, I was just lucky to be placed in one that was quite spacious on the 5th floor. Live music played at a neighbouring street level bar until 2:30am each morning and while not unexpected given the location, I was quite disappointed at the amount of noise that filtered into the room even with windows and door closed. I heard similar complaints from people rooming on the 15th floor. Conference facility support staff were helpful, however the facilities provided for the event were lacking in that a hot buffet lunch was provided without seating or even bar tables to rest plates and drinks upon. Delegates ended up moving to a closed bar area to use the booths. The ground floor foyer and cafe area are quite dark and not welcoming. Mini bar only stocked upon request. No facility provided in the rooms to even place a jug of water in the refrigerator should you like a quick cold drink of water in the night. $35 buffet breakfast was very nice, but not really worth the expense when there are various cafes close by that can deliver the same variety and quality for half the price. Indoor heated pool and spa were great. Great location, but I have stayed in better hotels very close by in recent times and would not be returning to the Hilton by choice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WanderingWild
Dear WanderingWild,

I do appreciate the lovely comments in regards to our conference staff and I will be sure to pass these on.

I am very disappointed to hear that you had a negative check in experience I can assure you this is not up to Hilton standard and I do apologise.

Regarding your comments on the lobby, I appreciate your feedback as we always strive to improve the guest experience and journey and I apologise on this instance it was not to your expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback it's all very important and I do hope one day you will return to Hilton Surfers Paradise and experience the true Hilton standard.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Like BevanT (another review), we also stayed during schoolies without realising it, and contacted them to ask if we could be put on a slightly higher level away from the noise. Received a very prompt reply, and sure enough, we were on level 12 (the hotel only goes to something like level 14 while the residences are above that) and received a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite.
Everything was neat, and clean-cut, nothing wrong with it, but at the same time, I couldn't figure out what was so different and superior about an "executive suite", perhaps it was literally just the height. Bathroom was very nice, but no bathtub (I happen to love bathtubs, and bigger is better!), view was decent and bed was comfy.
Pools were nice, the typical rectangular nice-looking type, again fitting the executive-style of the hotel I guess. Was grateful for the indoor heated pool, since there were a lot of schoolies on balconies looking over us in the outdoor pool, bit awkward.
Loved the buffet breakfast, and the chefs were happy to cook up extra things that weren't already on the tables.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Hayley C,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your upgrade to the executive suite. The pool area is a great space and the indoor pool is always good for a change.

Salt Grill for breakfast is delicious and the chefs cooking to order adds that personal touch.

I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise again soon.

Ballina
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We booked this quick getaway a month ago and didnt realise it was schoolies!! I was very worried about noise from reviews I had read and being schoolies thought that it would be twice as bad. Wot noise?? We were on level 23 straight above the nite clubs and heard no noise from them at all, we did hear sum of the beach party but that didnt go very late.
Two bedroom apartment, we were upgraded, was great, clean and modern. I would stay here again for sure

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
Dear BevanT,

I am happy to hear your quick getaway was just what you had hoped for, including a peaceful stay on level 23.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2012

When we arrived the computer system was down so we couldn't check in, we came back an hour later and was able to check in in the executive lounge. We had one of the relaxation rooms, this room I couldn't fault for cleanliness, my partner had organised with the hotel to have a birthday cake and flowers in the room and these were lovely, however, we had to go and get plates and knives from the lounge, it would have been nice to have those supplied (we did in another hotel for my partners birthday). The room we had was large with two chairs, the description of the room said there was a sofa and that would have been more comfortable. The executive lounge was nice but I found they were a bit slow on replenishing the food, I had to ask them to top up the food and it seemed once the cheese went there wasn't any more. We had breakfast there for a continental breakfast it was adequate. I agree with other reviewers the noise from the disco went on until 4-5am and was relentless - more double glazing would be beneficial. In terms of location, we were in the centre of things and a five minute walk to the bus stop to get to Movieworld, if there were tourist brochures, I didn't see any, this would help tourists to the area. The staff were friendly and helpful no complaints there. We did have a great view of the beach so we were pleased with that.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Southsider20,

I appreciate your understanding when the computer system went down unfortunately this is out of our control but it sounds like you were checked in without a problem. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your relaxation room and of course the birthday cake and flowers that your lovely partner had organised.

The location of our hotel is very unique and gives everyone endless opportunities of nightlife, restaurants and attractions.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the executive lounge and I will be sure to follow these up with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Surfers Paradise very soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel! We stayed here as a family with 2 kids and everyday there were always queues of people at reception- as they don't put enough staff on! The swimming pools are really cold and should be heated- so we didn't use them and notice that no one else was either. The concierge were also short staffed and people queued here as well!
We moved rooms after the first night as even though we were on the 32 floor in the tall building, the noise from the nightclubs keeps you awake till 4am!!
Our second room was much better so ask for a top room in the Boulevard tower.
The restaurant for bfast is excellent, great service and choice of food.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment, it was fantastic and the cleaning staff are first class.
In the evening I would recommend a top restaurant "Seaduction"- just 5 min walk from this hotel.
For the prices this hotel charges to stay I would say that they let themselves down with not triple glazing the rooms for the noise, the lack of reception staff and cold pools.
If you are a family with children and read Trip advisor I would recommend staying away from the centre of surfers paradise and find a better hotel for the price.
The kids and I really enjoyed Seaworld, Movie World and Wet n Wild park. Best to buy VIP ticket for unlimited value.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Brockham,

Regarding your comments on the reception area and the pools, I appreciate your feedback as we always strive to improve the guest experience and journey and I apologise on this instance it was not to your expectations.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed Salt Grill for breakfast and made the most of the many options.

I do appreciate your feedback as we take it all very seriously and hope to improve your stay for next time.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We decided to take up the offer made on check-in to upgrade our 2 bedroom apartment booking made through wotif to an ocean view apartment on a higher floor. We were put on the 29th floor with fantastic views of the beach, coast and skyline and were well away from the street noise. The bedrooms both had a floor to ceiling wall of windows to maximise the views. The cost was an extra $50 per night but this was well worth it for the views and being away from the party noises.

The apartment was well kitted out as you would expect from a 5* but would suggest to Management that the couches and dining room furniture when they upgrade next could be a bit softer for older bones. The couches were quite hard as were the cushions and the dining furniture was solid woodedn chairs with no padding. Luckily the plenitful pillows helped ease the pain and the beds were very comfortable.

Would agree with other reviewers that the foyer was a bit dim and could use some brightening up but the Food Store was definitely the place to get good coffee and cake and was the best coffee we found while on the Gold Coast.

The pool area was nice with a large pool and a plunge pool but the main pool gets shaded by the buildings so can be cool, but there is also a nice indoor pool. A receptacle containing pool towels should be near the main pool and indoor pool becauase these are the ones most used - it was hard to track them down, hidden over behind the bar on a chair near the smaller plungepool area.

We would recommend to anyone staying here to take up the option of express checkout which you can opt for the the night before. We didn't do it and checkout is very slow. Would definitely recommend the upgrade to a high ocean view - the 2 bedroom apartments are great and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it - ask for an upgrade to a high floor to get away from the street noise and an o...