“Superb hotel in the midst if everything”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Superb hotel in the midst if everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a great overnight with my wife and little girl (2) down from Brisbane.

The hotel, facilities and rooms are superb and the staff were lovely. Surfers itself isn't usually our destination ( Main Beach preferred) but we couldn't fault the place at all.

We would return.

• Stayed February 2013
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Sean J,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for making your choice to stay in Surfers Paradise the Hilton.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed 6 nights at the Hilton, whereby we had access to the executive lounge, all the staff were pleasant and polite, and we met some really nice people whilst we were there.
Our hotel room was clean tidy, full of little extras, paper every morning, turnback service where the staff left chocolates and little bags of shells, lots of room in the bathroom fitted out with modern conveniences, and the toiletries were very nice, I actually used them, instead of taking them home with me.
Situated on the 15th floor, I only heard noise on Friday evening into the small hours, the bed was comfortable, ample storage space.
I would definitely go back to the Hilton in Surfers, nothing was too much trouble, and I was sad to leave.

Room Tip: I would recommend you upgrade to get the benefits of the executive lounge facilities.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear heth061,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate the feedback.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back on a future visit.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed here over the weekend and the hard product is absolutely stunning so I would have loved to give it 5 Points- by far the most modern property anywhere on the Gold Coast and perfectly located right in the center of Surfer's (which could get noisy however, if you are on a lower floor which is the case for all "Hotel" rooms). Service at the front desk, the view from our room on the 31st floor and the overall quality of interior fittings was excellent. Unfortunately, there were quite a few let downs in terms of service: First of all, upon arrival we found quite a few long black hair on the bathroom floors which is never a good sign. Upon closer inspection, there were also quite a few smaller curly ones so you have to wonder what exactly the cleaning staff did in our bathroom! This aside- the pool area (again, lovely hard product) was more or less unattended for the entire afternoon so you had used pool towels and empty glasses etc. lying around everywhere while not getting fresh towels (as far as we could tell, there was a single staff member at around 5pm walking around once to collect it all)- not good enough! Likewise, the poor pool bar attendant had to be server, cocktail mixer and barman all at once which you can imagine didn't go too well despite his best efforts- surely they could have one or two more people there? And finally, taking a second point off my overall rating, we called for some ice and were told that there was a 5 Dollar charge for it. When I was protesting against it, I was rudely told that this was "Hotel Policy" and no, there's no alternative of coming down and picking it up yourself either. Wtf? Ridiculous and has never happened to me before in any 5 Star hotel!

Room Tip: All the high floor rooms are actually apartment residences. The hotel strangely is on the lower floo...
Dear sydneyberlin,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general you found the hotel met your expectations. Sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced with housekeeping and at the Pool Bar. I have also noted your comments regarding the delivery charge for ice for consideration.

Thanks for staying with us.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed for five nights, initially booked into a standard room, but decided to upgrade to a two-bedroom ocean-view apartment upon check-in. The apartment on the 42nd floor was stunning, with a huge balcony and amazing views of the ocean, miles of sandy beaches and the city itself. Couldn't be more impressed with the apartment. It was very well furnished, and handy being able to use the kitchen to cook our own food on a couple of occasions. We also found the washing machine and dryer very handy, as we could keep clothes fresh for our three week trip to Australia. Furnishings were high quality and in very good condition. The bed was very comfortable and very welcome at the end of each day!

Housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. One day we returned to the apartment at 4.15pm to find our room had not been tended to. We called reception, asked for someone to come and were assured they were on their way. We then decided to use the pool in the meantime, thinking this would be ample time for the room to be made up. Upon arriving back around 6pm, the room was still not cleaned. I rang again and was told housekeeping had been particularly busy that day. They finally came after some strong words, but this should have been much quicker.

Another gripe was the outdoor pool area being used for a private music "party" on the Sunday between 12-7pm. This meant none of the hotel guests were able to use the outdoor pool facilities, but we were able to use the indoor area. The music was extremely loud and we felt a bit like zoo animals at the indoor pool, being watched by hundreds of shirtless blokes and women in bikinis.

Breakfast was included when we upgraded our stay. The selection of food was impressive and well stocked. Freshly squeezed orange juice would have been appreciated, but service was attentive and friendly, even if the breakfast area struggles to cope with the sheer number of guests using it each morning.

A special thank you to Angela (check-in), Darren (breakfast area and cocktail bar) and the very friendly blonde Australian lady who served us in the breakfast room each morning. Each of these staff members engaged us in conversation, gave tips about what to see and do, and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. I'd definitely recommend the Hilton for anyone wanting to stay in Surfers Paradise.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a two-bedroom suite with ocean view. You won't regret it! Also pre-pay for internet u...
1 Thank Travelbloke82
Dear slug00,

Thanks for your review following your 5 night stay with us, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and found your apartment met your needs. Also thanks for the kind feedback regarding the team members you engaged with during your stay. I am sorry that Housekeeping did not meet all your expectations and ahave taken on board your comments regarding the pool party.

We hope to see you back in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Lovely clean modern bright spacious rooms. Bar fridge empty so clients can stock them with whatever they want.
Several outdoor pools and an indoor pool all of which were immaculate.

Breakfast was great (special requests were welcomed but so much choice we didnt bother) but ordering your coffee was rather disappointing. We were seated, selected and eaten our breakfast before the coffee arrived. We seen several other customers in the same situation and they actually requested take away coffees. This was the only fault we had with the hotel and Im sure it wouldn't take that much to improve the coffee service.

Room Tip: choose a high floor with a view of the lap pool and sea view
Dear carolyn m,

Thanks for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, sorry about the delay with your coffee at breakfast, we will look to improve this.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton last weekend. The hotel is built in the wrong place along the nightclub strip. The noise at night echoing from the clubs was disgraceful. I had NO sleep, so be prepared to have a sleepless stay. I can not believe that when the Hilton was being built they did not think to sound proof the rooms or better still build it somewhere better. It seems like such a waste because the hotel itself was amazing the buffet breakfast was so yum it was in the Luke Mangden restaurant. I booked the king executive suite so my husband and I had access to the exclusive lounge between 6-8pm which meant alcohol and nibbles for the whole time, the view was amazing too. We did like how clean the room was but like others were disappointed with the "ocean views" you seriously had to stand on the balcony and stretch your head out to see the water. No chairs on the balcony either but why would you want to sit out there and listen to the noise from the clubs echoing up and let me just say that the music started from when we arrived, so it was so annoying. Oh yeah $15 to park your car just for an overnight stay too. Should be included in the hotel price, not extra. Anyways just wanted to tell others about my experience.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Renee C
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Renee C,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel in particular breakfast at Salt and the benefits of staying on the hotel's Executive Floor. I am sorry that you did not get a good night's sleep and have taken your comments on board.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

As an HHonors Gold member was upgraded from a basic room to a 2 bedroom apartment with ocean view and large balcony.

The apartment was spacious and well appointed, with large ocean facing windows that offered some of the best views in Surfer's Paradise.

Service was fast and efficient, with excellent room service that is a trademark of the Hilton group.

The pool facilities were also great, although lack privacy.

Looking forward to returning as a Diamond member in July!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pegasus2013
Dear Pegasus2013,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and the upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment. We value the loyalty of our Hilton Honors members and am pleased that we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back in July, let me know when you are coming.