“Not as nice as I expected”

Hilton Surfers Paradise
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Booked through wotif and paid $ 150 per night including breakfast. This was a good deal. Just beware that this hotel is extremely noisy.
The light rail is being built right outside the hotel. It's not the hotels fault but just be aware. Don't come here to rest. The night we stayed the hotel fire alarm went off twice. False alarm. One was at 230am.

I was looking forward to relax in the spa and that was my main reason for selecting this hotel. Well the spa was full of toddlers and young boys who were allowed to bellyflop into the small spa. They even had those long cylinder foam pool toys in there waving them about. The parents were not concerned. It was such a let down and I was so disgusted that I got out having been drenched within one minute of what was supposed to be a relaxing time. They should have a minimum age limit for the spa. It was a joke
Other than that the hotel is close to the beach and the staff are very nice. Our room 601 was huge as was the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank meggssy
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Dear meggsy,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that not all aspects of your stay lived up to your expectations and I have taken your feedback on board.

Chris Partridge

Write a ReviewReviews (3,391)

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Had a fantastic stay at the Hilton. Only minor downside was that it was very noisy if you tried to leave the door to the bacony open especially during the night. Once closed only minor bass sounds heard. Restaurant service was very good, but we felt it was a little overpriced for the quality of the food.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I've just came back from 6 amazing nights at the Hilton with my partner. We stayed in the residence part of the hotel. We booked a one bedroom apartment and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment on arrival.
Most amazing view from our balcony. Complimentary champagne on arrival for my Birthday. Champagne was perfect! Everyone working at the hotel was so friendly. From Kate who checked us in on the front desk to the adorable women who came every night for turn-down service and left a cute little bag of shells on our last night. Concierge were extremely helpful. We parked a vehicle for one night. Heaps of parking spots, no issue there.
We had breakfast in bed on my birthday. Complimentary orange juice.
Elevators are so quick. We stayed on the 38th floor and you were there in 30 seconds it felt.
Food is a little pricey in the restaurant and room service but you know every time you are getting the most amazing food that you can't fault. Worth every dollar.
It was so hard to leave this hotel and go back to reality. Will definitely be back again.

1  Thank destiny m

Dear destinymayhem,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate you sharing your feedback.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and had a great birthday with us.

We look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I visited here with a group of 7 people from Australia and overseas. The location was brilliant for us to just leave the car in the car park (although it was an additional $15 per day, per car which I thought considering how much the room was it should have been included) and to get around Surfers by foot. We took advantage of the pool which also offered an indoor option which was wonderful because the wind was strong and cool. We didn't utilize the café or restaurant on site but bought supplies from nearby supermarkets and used the kitchens in each of the apartments for breakfasts and apperitivi. I thoroughly enjoyed the apartments we had (3 bedroom with full beach views and a 2 bedroom with hinterland views). The only downside of the 3 bedroom apartment was the amazing Soul building that prevented us from seeing any sunrises or views directly out the front from our balconies. Views were of the beach and along the coastline. The cost of the apartments was quite high but considering it was Easter it was expected. I saved considerably by prepaying which was ideal.
The daily servicing was not up to standard and they didn't change sheets when asked (everyday but I saw the same stains each day) and toiletries were not replaced daily which was a problem seeing that we were swimming everyday.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level because the noise from Surfers is loud and can keep you awake.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Saminmilan
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Saminmilan,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see in general that your stay in the Residences met your expectations. I have noted your feedback regarding the building in front of the hotel but that you were still able to enjoy the Gold Coast beach and coastline views.

I hope we may see you back soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Rooms are smaller than appear in pictures - very disappointed - other hotels in area have better size rooms and equivalent features. Overall cleanliness and features of the property were good but would rather stay in better rooms at competitors. Bedding was the best feature of the room.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for psoting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I have noted your comments regarding the photos on the website you viewed. The hotel has varied configurations of rooms and the photos are representative of the style of accommodation within a room category. I am sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. I was pleased to see you enjoyed the comfort of your bed.

I hope we see you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Residences for a birthday weekend. We had previously asked to preview an apartment prior to booking as we were looking at the Mantra also. The staff at the HIlton were polite and helpful, unlike the Mantra reception who seemed disinterested and couldn't offer us a room for preview. I was so glad to book the Hilton! Beautiful apartment, helpful and courteous reception staff.

We did encounter a problem with the power in our room but the staff ensured our safety and upgraded us to a three bedroom, three bathroom apartment with fantastic ocean views. The fixtures and decor were top quality. I really couldn't fault anything with the apartments. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We asked for a late checkout and the reception were more than accommodating. The position is great, within walking distance to many bars and the beach.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel / apartments and will certainly be returning. Well done HIlton!

Room Tip: Ask for a Cavil Avenue outlook on a high floor, the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank brisbaneTinka
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear brisbaneTinka,

Thanks for posting your review, I appreciate the feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay in the Residence and thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We spent one night here whilst attending a family function. We had beforehand filled out a form which enabled us to have an upgrade if there was one available, and we got both a more exclusive room and a higher level (which we paid extra for, but did not have to accept). With this we had access to the Executive Lounge - well worth it. Great views as well.

Dear Domba,

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate your feedback.

It was pleasing to see that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
2 mi away
Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!