“Still my favourite Gold Coast hotel”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane
“Still my favourite Gold Coast hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was my second stay here (also reviewed Dec 2011) and once again I was very impressed.

As a gold level HHonours member I was upgraded to a "relaxation suite" on the executive level and enjoyed complimentary breakfast as well as evening drinks and food in the executive lounge. The lounge is one of the best I have come across with very helpful staff and an air of sophistication and relaxation.

This time I tried out the fitness centre daily and the high quality equipment with easy to understand instructions led to me feeling less guilty about the ice creams that I was having far too many of on nearby Cavill avenue.

Overall, another great stay and I look forward to a future return!

Room Tip: Consider paying for an upgrade to an executive level room to get access to the lounge.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear billichka,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your return stay at the hotel and thank you for your recommendation regarding the Executive Lounge.

We hope to see you back on future travels.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I rented a 2 bedroom ocean view residence for my wife and I for a weekend of luxury as it was her birthday. The room was spectacular, although the couches were a little tired and hard. The amenities in the room were second to none, with everything provided to cook if you wish to do so. I was not surprised with having to pay for parking as I had read it before hand on trip advisor, but I still think it is a bit rude considering the cost of renting one of these apartments. I have stayed at a lot of gold coast hotels and have never had to pay for parking even in rooms costing just $120 a night. I am not the richest person around, and this was a real treat for us, so I was a little upset at being hit up for a $200 deposit on checking in. I had maxed my card and I was embarassed in front of other guests when it was rejected on check in. We had room service on the first night, and I was very happy with the speed and cost of a cheese platter and two milkshakes. Also the restaurant prices seemed a lot more reasonable than i expected for such a high class hotel. All up it was great. The view was truly amazing and I will stay there again (just a little more prepared next time)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Craig B,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in a Hilton Residence. I have noted your comments regarding car parking and the pre-authorisation to your credit card on arrival. This process is normal in holding funds to cover any incidental charges to your room while at the hotel. The pre-authorisation is released on departure.

It was great to see that you felt our pricing in the restaurant and room service represented value for money.

Thanks for staying at Hillton Surfers Paradise, we look forward to seeing you back.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The quality of the accommodation, customer service and amenities was amazing! The location is unbeatable as it's central to everything and the amazing ocean views from our rooms and balcony were breathtaking. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definitely stay there again!!! Was worth every cent!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Dani M,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed a fantastic stay at the hotel. It was great to see that you found our location convenenient for your holiday needs.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

You just need to be there to experience this! The location is spot on. The food service was excellent. The staff are warm and friendly. I felt safe. The amenities are excellent. The room cleanliness is good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Michael M,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, I appreciate your feedback.

Naturally it is very pleasing to see that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Mosman, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The Hilton on the Gold Coast is a beautiful new property, funky, chic and in a great location - one block back from the beach- behind Soul.

There is a lovely food store and café on the same level as the reception and a groovy bar - FIX on level 2 who serve great cocktails and also their signature restaurant Salt. We only had drinks in the bar as we ate out each night we were there.

The hotel itself is very well equipped with 2 towers. The hotel rooms are on levels 1 - 16 and the apartments above those going up as high as level 50+. There is a well equipped gym in each tower & a fabulous spa-Eforea in Tower 2 - well worth going too. Also some good conference facilities - a ballroom that splits into 2 and 2 meeting rooms in Tower 2.

In Tower 1 is a heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. There are also 2 great outdoor pools - one more like a plunge pool which was a lot warmer than the other pool. We sat around by the pool and enjoyed a great lunch there.

The 2 bedroom ocean view apartments are just spectacular with stunning ocean views - especially the higher up you go. It's worth spending more for the view but imagine Hinterland would be nice too. The apartments are fully equipped, very modern and just a dream to spend time in with 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a balcony lunge, kitchen and laundry room. It's a shame the Soul building is in front of Hilton as in some apartments it does block part of the ocean view - but still amazing views up and down the coast.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Well worth treating yourself to a stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travelbug49
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Travelbug49,

Thank you for sharing your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in a 2 bedroom Residence and that your found the team to be helpful and friendly. We hope to see you back on future travels.

Pyrmont, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and the quality of furnishings that were provided. The view of the beach was fantastic and always great to wake up to. The hotel is situated at the heart of Surfers Paradise and there are lots of places to go to for dining, shopping, relaxing and just strolling around to enjoy the sights. The staff are polite and well mannered and the service provided is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again on a succeeding trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Dennis B,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that both your wife and yourself enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenenient for all your activities. We look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

First Class stay - the Staff were incomparable from Marie at Reception who was so welcoming on our Arrival to the excellent Lena in the Executive Lounge.
Our King Suite was everything promised with the most comfortable bed I have slept in in a very long time!!!! like "grandma's feather bed"!!! so luxurious, great linen & the best pillows that stayed in place perfectly.
The facilities offered in the Executive Lounge were outstanding & we were made to feel so welcome - no query dismissed, we were treated with respect yet in such a friendly warm manner.
Congratulations for sourcing such diamonds - they made a real difference to our brief stay but next time definitely back for longer!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shazzab21
Dear Shazzab21,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the kind feedback regarding Marie and Lena who are delighted that they left you with a positive impression.

We look forward to seeing you back on future travels.