“Nice fixtures poor service”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We booked two families for a week. Both were 2brdm ocean views. Our friends got a north facing room and ours was on the south. Our South facing room had almost no ocean view. Very disappointing .

If you call reception you always have to wait. The "magic" instant response button is no such thing.

We had to call three separate days to have our room made up. Three times they didn't even provide clean towels and once they ran out. The room servicing is quite poor.

What was also disappointing was the elevators. Very slow. Don't use them on Saturday afternoon when many people are checking in. Don't checkin on Saturday. The lines were ridiculously long. Actually some of the staff said it's always like that on a Saturday.

The location however is excellent (if you like to be central) and the room itself had excellent fixtures and great beds.

I don't think I'd stay there again. Didn't look and feel like a Hilton and it had very little Hilton branding. It's just average.

Don't be fooled by the ocean view photos nor the pool photos unless you can handle a pool without heating.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Steven D
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Steven D,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to see that your stay did not fully meet your expectations. I have noted your feedback regarding the servicing of your room and the delays when using the "Magic" service.

I understand your frustration in regards to the lifts and the check in on Saturday. This being the busiest day for arrivals, the reception is busy around check in time, we strive to ensure that our front desk is fully manned to ensure a speedy check in procedure, however, there are times when a queue will form. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, please do let me know should you decide to return so that I may ensure a more positive experience for you.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had a terrific stay at the Hilton. It is a quiet oasis in the bustle of Surfer's. The location is ideal to walk everywhere including many restaurants and activities. The view from our 14th floor room was outstanding. We didn't experience the noise issues that other reviewers have referenced. We found the service at Salt during breakfast to be exceptional. The food variety and quality were also outstanding. If the hustle and bustle of Surfers Paradise is what you seek, you can't go wrong staying at the Hilton.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Popovova,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thank you for your kind words regarding breakfast and views.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I hope we see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We paid in advance for a sky residence 2 bedroom apartment. When we checked in we were given a room on the 47th floor. With amazing ocean views and city views this hotel made our stay in the Gold Coast a luxurious and comfortable one. I would recommend the sky residence to anyone looking for a central location and comfort. The location of the hotel is what made our stay exciting a stroll away from the bustling streets cafes and beach there was always something to see and do.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear DeeAmosa,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay in a Sky Residence and found the location of Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel and Residences ideal for your vacation on the Gold Coast.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The service of the Hotel is really bad. The front office staff are very poorly trained. There were no sense of positive feeling about the hotel....it was too dull. The room rate we paid was just not worth it

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Jay D

Dear Jay D,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

It was disappointing to see that you did not fully enjoy your stay at the hotel, I have noted your feedback regarding our Front Office team and am sorry that your expectations were not met.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, please do let me know should you decide to return so that I can ensure a more positive experience.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed overnight on Saturday as part of a conference I was attending there. Room was great, staff were very professional and helpful but that is where the positives end. Most of the day there was an extremely long queue for the reception desk with a Long wait for assistance. The design of the foyer, a long grey concrete corridor is crowded ,always seems grubby though it may not be and very difficult to see where the desk is tucked behind banks of lifts. Finding a car park was a similarly confusing and cramped experience. The room service meal was tasty ( an hours wait as warned). Bed was comfortable but sleep incredibly broken. Firstly not one but two fire alarms and then the sounds of people partying in the street and a nearby live band with the drummer banging away until 5 am. I am usually someone who can sleep thru a lot of noise but this was beyond a joke. I was on the fifth floor southern side. I do not know if other rooms are better. Got up early had a decent but crowded buffet breakfast and came home for a sleep. My advice ; stay somewhere else if you can especially Saturday night.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Promise59

Dear Promise59,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that your conference went well and that you found our team friendly and professional. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced on your arrival with a delay for check-in and a busy car park.

I do apologise that surrounding noise and the false alarms disturbed your peace and quiet overnight.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise and I do hope we may see you back for a future visit.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We are frequent travellers and this hotel was just not designed for families. The staff have no time or patience for children. We were told we had to move rooms due to a plumbing issue at 3.30pm and our toddler was napping but at 3.41pm the house keeping manager wouldnt have a bar of it and demanded we "get out" immediately!! Then on check out our toddler fell rather ill and was vomiting and after asking reception for an extra hour to check out they advised that if we were to do this they would charge us an extra nights stay!! No compassion for families at all. Felt like a number not a guest. They must have to turn over guests quickly to stay profitable as there is no personal touch or friendliness.
The outdoor area was so windy and the indoor heated spa which is the only place for wee ones is so full of people you cant move in it. Also the outside partying at night keeps you awake.

For the MASSIVE tarriff I would recommend going elsewhere as it is just not family friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rubibne

Dear Rubibne,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was disappointed to see that the team were not sympathetic to your needs and apologise on their behalf. It is important that we meet the individual needs of all our guests and I am sorry we have not lived up to our own expectations in this regard.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, please do let me know should you decide to offer us another opportunity to show that we take your feedback seriously.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

What an amazing hotel, but best by far was the service at the Salt Grill restaurant during breakfast. We stayed there for a week and ate breakfast daily. Everyday was amazing! The staff were so friendly and always had a smile on their face. They attended to your every need, you never had to wait for anything. They were so quick and efficient. From Mark at door (who remembered us every time we walked in and greeted us with such a warm welcome) to the chefs in the kitchen (who made whatever it was my kids requested) and to Benja who provided the best table service and friendly conversation we have ever received from any hotel (he went out of his way to make sure that everything was perfect!!) From the moment you walk in you cannot fault any of the staff that work the buffet breakfast, they were amazing!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear lidia g,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast team at Salt were able to leave you with such a positive impression. I know that they were delighted to see your feedback.

We hope to see you back at Hilton Surfers Paradise in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#6 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach

Been to Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!