Was looking for a nice hotel on the GC for our anniversary, and was prepared to splash out for a nice sized room or suite. After searching through loads of hotels I settled for a suite room at the Hilton. Never stayed at a Hilton before, but assumed the brand would not let me down.
Check in was 3pm and we arrived 20 mins early. Our room was not ready yet, so we were invited to go to the executive room on the 15th floor for refreshments (included in price for 'executive' rooms). Breakfast, afternoon tea and tapas/drinks are served here, and it is a fantastic advantage. The food and drinks were great and the view was amazing.
However, our room was still not ready at 430pm which was very disappointing as we were only staying the night. Eventually at 5pm our 'suite' was ready. We were given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine for our troubles and a 1 hour extension on our check out (our room was 2 hours late). On arrival to our suite I was honestly gobsmacked at how small this 'suite' was...it was essentially a standard room with a very random small side room with a tiny sofa and extra tv. The balcony was small and there was no furniture to sit on outside. Having requested a room on the highest floor possible, we were given a room on the 5th floor with a very average view of the street...the hinterland and beach were nowhere to be seen. Considering I had spent $440, my expectation levels were very high and I was very very disappointed!!
However, having spoken to the concierge when our bag was delivered (and spoke of our disappointment with the room), he made one quick phone call and transferred us to a 2 bedroom apartment in the next tower. This room was fantastic, with sea views, spacious living area and somewhere to sit on the balcony...much more deserving of the money I had spent and felt more like what a suite should be. From there on in the experience of the Hilton was fantastic...the Fix bar was awesome, the executive lounge a great touch, the outside pools beautiful and the staff very helpful throughout the stay.
So to conclude: the suite is no where near worth the money the Hilton charge, it's odd shaped, feels small compared to other suites as a result of this and has zero wow factor. In my opinion it is daylight robbery! I've previously stayed at QT in a suite which is advertised as smaller area, but felt much larger and was much cheaper! Apart from this, and the long delay to check in (the hotel was fully booked the night before, but unfortunately this is not an excuse for not having the room ready by 3pm, let alone 5pm), the rest of our stay was fantastic and the concierge who helped us change our room ultimately saved the day. I would stay here again, but would only consider a more standard room for a more standard price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast, Australia