“Good”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Good”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are just back from 5 nights. We stayed 14th floor. Everything ran smoothly, after 2 nights I requested a firmer pillow and discovered there is a pillow menu! U can choose the firmness u are after and it will be delivered to your room. We had breakfast included which was amazing :) After reading reviews about noise we wore ear plugs at night and slept soundly, it was schoolies week so extra busy around the area. The pool area was nice but a little windy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Miss-Rotary,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the pillow menu handy for your preferences.

We look forward to seeing you back on future travels.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Staying at a Hilton can sometimes be hit or miss - I've been a guest in some amazing ones and some not so great ones. This one, while not downright luxurious, was still a hit.

The staff was so helpful and courteous - particularly the staff working the breakfast shift. Our favorite was a man named Benjamin (if memory serves me right) who went above and beyond for all our breakfast needs - and we had quite a large party every morning (8 of us in total, including four children).

My only gripe with breakfast is that for the whole week, the menu never changed. The food was delicious, but it would have been nice to have a little variety after a couple days. And please, this is 2013: offer some non-pork meat options!!

Also, we were taken aback by the news that part of my family's trip was to coincide with the arrival of hundreds of 'schoolies', but I was quite impressed with the way Hilton staff dealt with it: ensuring no one entered who was not a guest, and manning all the doorways. It made what could have been a headache actually not that bad.

As for the room - it was clean, which is my main concern, and smelled nice, with modern furnishings and a fantastic view of both the ocean and the city/mountains from the balcony on the 9th floor.

The pools were plentiful and well-taken care of, though I was disappointed that the indoor pool was not heated as was described. And the property has a theater room, which was AWESOME and cozy. All you do is reserve the room and concierge has a selection of DVDs to choose from.

In all, it was a lovely stay, but note that you are also paying in part for the great location. The hotel is in the heart of Surfers Paradise, steps to the ocean and surrounded by shops and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear mbilal,

Thank you for posting your review, I value your insights.

It was great to see that you had a good stay and enjoyed our hospitality. I have noted your comment regarding some added variety for breakfast. Sorry the indoor pool was cool when you visitied, this was related to waiting for parts to repair the heating unit. I apologise for the inconvenenience.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We had a lovely stay here at the Hilton Surfers Paradise. The comfort of the 2 bedroom residence with all amenities made our stay quite enjoyable especially travelling as a family. The location of the Hotel was within walking distance to restaurants, beach and supermarkets. The only major issue was we found the Pool area to be quite windy and at times too cold to sit up poolside. There should be some shelter or cover for the pool area as the wind made it unpleasant to utilise the pool facilities.

Dear Maryanne F,

Thank you for posting your review, the team and I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your two bedroom residence and found our location convenient for your needs. I have noted your observation regarding the pool level which can get windy depending on prevailing wind direction.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

first up, i am used to Hilton's in asia which are always over top beautiful....

it's small - modern and does the job.

Missing the special Hilton touch im used too.

Pool area was out of bounds which was annoying, because of the schoolies. main reason i booked to stay there..

Gold HHonors gave me exec floor and access.

It's fine but not amazing like some other Hilton's - and ive stayed at my fair share...

Room Tip: can be very loud on some sides because of location.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ben A
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Ben A,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

As a Gold HHonors member we value your insights and have taken your comments on board. I am sorry that not all the pools were available owing to an event during your stay.

We hope to see you return in the future.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Beautiful 2 bedroom apartment with views all the way up the Gold Coast. The pool deck with 4 different pools and pool bar were really good. Perfect location for walking to everything within Surfers central

Dear Dan E,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback and was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the pools at the hotel.

We hope to see you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Initially checked in for a weekend stay was allocated on the 9th floor and the corridors smelt like sewage, additionally the room had an odour. Went and spoke to the manager on duty who moved my room to another tower. Room still had a strange odour. Either way was happy to stay where I was placed.

Housekeeping service was mixed. First day was great (probably because I tipped the room att), second day no extra towels/amenities were placed for the additional person sleeping on the sofa. Toilet still had stains. There was kiwi fruit on the glass balcony since arrival and not removed throughout the stay. Alarm was set at 07:00am by previous guest and not checked by housekeeping supervisor before we arrived to have it reset so I had an early wake up call.

Operator takes a long time to answer. First day I called and asked to have service. The operator stated the housekeeper has a schedule and will come when it's your turn. Unbelievable response! I was heading out for breakfast and my request should be adhered to. Came back after breakfast and room was still being serviced which was fine, but couldn't believe the response from the operator.

Pool area was great and rooms are in good condition which they should be since it's a new property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear kreammmmm10,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

Sorry you experienced some odour issues while at the property, we did have an issue that required maintenance that may have been the cause. I apologise for the inconvenience. I will follow up the response from the operator, I am sure no offence was intended however I agree that there are better ways to explain the situation.

Thanks for staying with us and hope we see you return in the future.

Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 November 2013

What a great experience had at the Hilton; with facilities second to none and very welcoming and generous staff, it was home away from home. We would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking to stay right in the heart of Surfer Paradise, overlooking Cavil Ave & of course views over the sea.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and we do hope to see you return soon.